PDA

View Full Version : No Audio Settings on AVOV TVOnline box / can't adjust to Bitstream for AC3/DTS ...

guygoy
08-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone;

Ok i have a Avov tv online and a Mag 254 box and i'm subscribing to about every private server i can find and love it . I notice that Avov box has more features than Mag 254 since i began to play with both tv box and for some servers i have a private service for the same server on both box to also see the differences and advantages of each one but there is something bugging me at this point, there is a some channels on a server that i watch on both boxes that has HD channels along with AC3/DTS audio with gives a very rich realistic sound to movies and other programs but with my Avov box the it doesn't give any DTS or AC3 sound output on my Sony receiver/amplifier. With Mag 254 i have to select audio input to "Bitstream" instead of "PCM" or "SPDIF" and it allows me to get DTS sound from channel source that has that capabilities but i checked everywhere on Avov online tv box settings and other menus and nothing can be adjust or modify for audio compare to video where there is a Display settings.( I've also checked my connections and they seems fine to me.)

I don't know if by adding somekind of update by the manufacturer these optional adjustments can be made. I checked on the specs of Avov online box and it does say Dolby AC3 supported so i should get the same sound on both boxes but since i'm still a newbie at this i thought i'd shared my problem with you guys...:)

Thanks

K00lKatT
08-02-2015, 03:36 PM
if you check the specs you will see that AC3 dolby is "optional" on the tvonline model...this implies another bit of equip is required, check with them...

guygoy
08-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Yes i saw that in the specs but listed like this "Dolby Supported: Optional AC3, AC3 Supported" i wasn't sure AC3 was or wasn't supported...

Thanks a lot!

mavblues
08-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I already asked a similar question about A/V settings here:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?5684-A-V-Settings-Request

Never got a response.

Really need the ability to tweak the audio and video settings a bit...

Dmitriy
01-05-2016, 10:36 PM
If your goal is to natively play 5.1 sound from content on AVOV through the SOny AV receiver, you might run into issues. I researched this issue before on other forums and heard that sometimes the AV receivers have Dolby chips, which can block 5.1 sound if the chip thinks that it is not coming from a licensed source.

I would suggest checking your audio processing settings on the Sony AV receiver. I have a Pioneer receiver and it has an ability to convert stereo sounds into 5.1. It works pretty well I have to admit, but of course not as good as a native 5.1 sound.