PDA

View Full Version : isp modem blocking router

buba
08-01-2015, 01:24 AM
I bought a router but when I connect it to my ISP modem I don't get internet. I can also connect wireless to the router but I don't get internet either I am trying with Linksys wrt54gl and a wrt320n.

Any help will be greatly appreciated for I want to set up the router for VPN but first I have to be able to get internet passing through the router

greg
08-01-2015, 01:40 AM
try this Here’s how to fix the problem when your wireless router won’t connect to the Internet:

1.) Connect your WiFi router to the computer that actually gets an Internet connection and unplug/disconnect your modem.

2.) Find the MAC address of the computer that can make a successful direct connection to the Internet

3.) After getting the MAC address write it down and open up your WiFi router admin.

4.) Find the setting in the router’s admin panel which allows changing which MAC address to use; this setting will vary depending on your router manufacturer and model
5.) Change the MAC address of that setting to the one you wrote down in step two

6.) Apply the changes, then power down your router or unplug it

7.) Reconnect your router to your modem and then connect the computer(s) respectively

8.) After everything is connected, power on the modem (do not power it on until everything else is completed)

9.) The Internet connection should now work on the PCs connected via Wifi

The reason this trick works is because your ISP was blocking your MAC address used by that router. They can filter out MAC addresses on their end; if you connect a device that doesn’t have the allowed MAC address, they will not allow that device to get an IP address, thus no Internet connection.

buba
08-01-2015, 05:21 AM
Is this the same field as Mac address clone or wake on land ( to enable)

Bkman2020
08-01-2015, 03:29 PM
You need to call them to break your ipadress they release it and renew it at there end.

zensat
08-02-2015, 12:47 PM
I bought a router but when I connect it to my ISP modem I don't get internet. I can also connect wireless to the router but I don't get internet either I am trying with Linksys wrt54gl and a wrt320n.

Any help will be greatly appreciated for I want to set up the router for VPN but first I have to be able to get internet passing through the router

are you using the dd-wrt firmaware?

then you can clone the pc address (ISP beleive the device is your PC)
remeber to uncheck all firewall security and then disable it
at this stage do not use any security for your wifi (when everything works you can enable it)
are you using an IP address for you router not crashing with your modem or other devices? (try 192.168.1.6)

hope it helps

Marley
08-02-2015, 05:15 PM
if you dont get internet its you and setting your not blocked ping it that will tell you

xbmcbg
08-02-2015, 06:17 PM
If you've used a modem bought on the black market from a technician or other person who has stolen from ISP (BELL) , he is able to follow and to disarm it. BELL proceed in this way with modems purchased from the black market especially HOME HUB 2000 regardless of which is the provider of the Internet if the provider use their network

buba
08-02-2015, 08:00 PM
are you using the dd-wrt firmaware?

then you can clone the pc address (ISP beleive the device is your PC)
remeber to uncheck all firewall security and then disable it
at this stage do not use any security for your wifi (when everything works you can enable it)
are you using an IP address for you router not lcrashing with your modem or other devices? (try 192.168.1.6)

hope it helps

This means I have to set up the router as static?

wickedjoker
08-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Hi Buba did you get this figured out? I know when I buy a new modem I have to register the modems mac address with the ISP. Have you done this already?

buba
08-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Was away for a while but I got a new router from a friend that flash it fit me n it worked