PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10

androidblack
07-31-2015, 01:49 PM
I installed Windows 10 on my HP PC,I had Windows 7 before. The problem is Kodi 14.1 and kodi 15 worked great till I installed Windows 10. Windows 10 will only give sound and freeze.

1iwilly
07-31-2015, 02:06 PM
i also updated to win 10 kodi-15 only problem for me pvr channels either load or not have to open and close kodi before they load normal. thinking of going back to 8.1 will update later if that fix the problem my freezing was minimal

dara
07-31-2015, 02:33 PM
It's better to just do a reinstall of Kodi than doing your entire operating system. I had problems with my android emulator on my PC, but eventually fixed it and that's a lot more complicated than Kodi. Going back to Windows 8.1 or 7 is delaying the inevitable. If you are dual booting, I guess that would be fine to use your old install. If you want to be sure, do a completely fresh install of Windows 10, and the rest of your apps, just make an a image of your system before you do that in case you screw up.

1iwilly
07-31-2015, 04:50 PM
i re did a install of win 10 same problem fresh install kodi 15 same issue FYI windows 10 only gives you a month before you can reverse/restore to win 8.1 anyway i can confirm i just did a restore back to win 8.1 kodi is back to normal
hope this helps.

pudge
07-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Had the same problem upgrading from 8.1 to 10.

Did a complete uninstall then a fresh install of both Kodi Isengard and TVMC, but did not solve the problem.

Also had problems with MPC-HC, but fresh re-install worked.

Do you think the Kodi issues have anything to do with Win 10 enforcing stricter DRM?

pudge
07-31-2015, 11:11 PM
I found a temporary solution on the official Kodi discussion page.

Go to System-Settings-video and uncheck "hardware acceleration".

Montyj
08-01-2015, 01:25 AM
I did the Win10 upgrade to a Win8.1 setup. Kodi V15 was installed with IPTV Stalker and PVR Stalker both working fine.

I checked out both after the upgrade completed and no problems whatsoever, no settings changed anywhere.

I agree with those that advise reinstalling Kodi, but it could be some combinations of settings, video adapter, etc, could be holding things up under Windows 10.

I have to say Windows 10 has done the best job of making 'upgrading' smooth and painless of any previous version...and I have been with Windows since V3.1.

System:

AMD Phenom II X4 955
32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (I think a 'legacy' card by now, LoL)

Monty

crawlers1977
08-01-2015, 08:22 AM
sounds like the librtmp.dll even with the slightly updated version it might not be updated enough to the windows 10 requirements, take a look at the TVMP all in 1, its librtmp.dll files from may and its alot more updated to the various players. if it can help anyone ive taken mine and rared it and added it to my private host acc https:// app.box.com/s/2s6rvpipr362o8kpcjlg0og4jqstki6w your more than welcome to take it just keep your old safe for any reason and like these files you add it and its a good idea to log off if its a pc or close the box/reboot and re-try your player

crawlers1977
08-01-2015, 08:25 AM
another tip is the kodi/xbmc use ffplay and livestreamer mabe a good idea to make sure you have the latest version of them i just keep a folder hidden with all mine in and kodi will check as its playing for the file if its on the persons pc or not

timezone12
08-01-2015, 01:28 PM
you all know that after you do the upgrade over windows 7 or 8 you can then wipe your drive and then do a fresh install of windows 10 from scratch and you don't have to use a key and once your done windows will be activated. this is what I did and had no problems at all.

androidblack
08-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks Pudge,I unchecked the hardware acceleration in video settings and it works great!