PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Firestick/Kodi/Samsung Smart IPTV

cavvy7
07-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Hi, im new here and was wondering if any of the (donation) providers services will work with either of these devices, I have Kodi installed on my Firestick already so if its a case of adding a repository then fine, but I also have a Samsung smart tv with "Smart IPTV" already installed. If these wont work please could give me an idea which box to purchase, any help will be much appreciated.:)

sipde
07-27-2015, 08:38 PM
The Firestick will work fine, just follow the instructions in this thread. I just did mine over the weekend and it works great!
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1033-STB-EMU-on-Firetv-Sitck

18dd2
07-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Hi, im new here and was wondering if any of the (donation) providers services will work with either of these devices, I have Kodi installed on my Firestick already so if its a case of adding a repository then fine, but I also have a Samsung smart tv with "Smart IPTV" already installed. If these wont work please could give me an idea which box to purchase, any help will be much appreciated.:)

I'm one of those with a Smart TV A Samsung 7150 After reading your post, I downloaded the Smart IPTV app But just not sure how to activate it for use with a donation. Maybe someone an give some instructions. It would be nice for us old timers :)

cavvy7
07-30-2015, 10:30 PM
The STB app doesnt work for me, it installs but just hangs on the loading screen, though i will persevere, but, i also need the address of the provider "apparently" before i can see if it works (when I get it working) so does anyone know if they provide a free test like c/n line providers do, not being funny but i would like to know my equipment wiil handle it before i make a "donation" Thanks again.

Marley
07-31-2015, 04:33 AM
you had 6 months to test for free

cavvy7
08-01-2015, 01:09 PM
As I stated, im new and dont need to know what was going on 6 months ago, i can see you are a supermoderator so arent you supposed to be helpful? As that is what the forums are for are they not? Anyway, any helpful replies will be appreciated as info still needed on the providers side and an alternative to the stb problem, thanks.

big dady
08-01-2015, 05:04 PM
You ask for free and he told about free it's not the site fault that you just jumped in. Yes we are here to help one and other but not here to hold your hand if you look around for a few minutes most of your questions have been asked and answered. That's why Spider gave you a link to get started with your Fire stick.

cavvy7
08-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Not here for an argument, just need assistance getting this going, the link spide gave was cracking and my thanks go to him for it, my questions have not been answered though Is there a free trial? (A quick yes or no would be nice) and can anybody help me on the STB problem like an alternative app, I would also like if possible reccommendations as to which server to (donate) to as in cost, reliability,value for money, customer service etc. Idont need "someone to hold my hand" just decent reccomendations and advice.

dara
08-02-2015, 07:59 PM
There is no 'free' trial, that period ended two weeks ago. This site is sponsored by Rocket, but supports other related servers as well, so you'll get a recommendation to go with Rocket. Outside those, we can't discuss other IPTV services. As for cost, well, remind your self on what that Ronda Rousey 34 seconds cost to non-members, and do the math. If you need other recommendations, well Google can be a friend.

The alternative apps to the MAGs and Avovs are Kodi and STBemu. As long as you aren't talking about direct competitors to the service, we can discuss KODI here, other places are very restricted to only apps that connect directly with the service..

sipde
08-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Make sure you are using the latest STB, 6.11 worked for me. The older version did what you described, hangs up on the loading screen and won't load.