PDA

View Full Version : IPTV setup for Dreamlink Android discussion thread

BIO
01-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Put questions, comments, etc here.
Directions are here :: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?563-IPTV-setup-for-Dreamlink-Android

BIO
01-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Only issue I have noticed so far is the loading bar is showing.
It sits at the bottom middle of the screen and is a little inconvenient.

DarkSide
01-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Is it there even during the movie?

BIO
01-12-2015, 09:14 PM
yep, stays right there and shows the loading progress

Plays the movie and all, just has it in the middle of the screen instead of hiding or being at the bottom.
Browsed some of the options and nothing moved it

DarkSide
01-12-2015, 09:16 PM
That's not the mx player is it?? If its not I would load that one up

BIO
01-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Yep. It's only there when the movie plays, not the menus

BIO
01-12-2015, 09:33 PM
I just started getting glitching and artifacts while playing a movie.

I exited out, hit menu on the remote, and selected external player.
Menu came up for what program to use, selected mxplayer, and allowed it to reboot.

After the reboot the progress bar is gone and haven't noticed any glitching since.

So if you get the bar or glitching, try mxplayer.
I got mine from the google store BTW

Was using the internal player option for media player

DarkSide
01-12-2015, 09:39 PM
yeah the mx player is the way to go!!!

BIO
01-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Funny thing is that I chose a movie at random at first and there wasn't a glitch at all.
Second time I went in I played the first movie, young ones, and got the glitching.
That;s why I changed players but glad I did since it got rid of the bar- has better video controls too :)

Seems mx is the way to go though- thanks

DarkSide
01-12-2015, 10:04 PM
it has a whole bunch of different options when you get into the settings menu! What version of the mx player are you using? I noticed some glitching when i installed one and then found another one on the internet that was newer..

version- 1.7.35

BIO
01-12-2015, 10:12 PM
I already had it loaded but went to google play and updated it without checking what I had loaded.
It's the new version 1.7.35 after the update.
I have the play shortcut on the dreamlink android so I never looked anywhere else for it.

Never bothered to try it before I did the update either.

DarkSide
01-12-2015, 10:16 PM
that version seems to be running better than the first one i installed.

BIO
01-12-2015, 10:26 PM
I stopped playing with mine for now, getting it to work was more fun to me than watching it :roflmao:
Plan on putting it to my tv later and playing a little more tonight, alongside my mag to see if it has any stability problems.

It is nice to have xbmc/kodi and iptv on one box though, should work on a bunch of android boxes the same.

DarkSide
01-12-2015, 10:27 PM
it is nice... im using a mag 260 and its running stable

crazed 9.6
01-14-2015, 12:42 AM
Seems I am getting that damn parsing error.
'Problem parsing the package.'
I get stopped when attempting to the select stb emulator
I've had this parsing error before, on the avov couple months ago. at that time I tried finding what this error meant but had no luck and it eventually fixed itself anyway.

But I wonder, does anyone know the cause of an parsing error ?
This is also the first time I see 'Problem parsing the package' included in this type of error message. That gives me more of an idea, but I still don't know what parsing is referring to.
Anybody know ?

I am gone go googling again :)

added..
found answer, well sorta. Adding that thing about the package gave me better google results :)

BIO
01-14-2015, 12:49 AM
Try this :: smarttricks.net/fix-there-is-a-problem-parsing-the-package

I don't know what parsing is but assume it means it doesn't know what to do with the file.
Get the same thing when I try to make a different receiver take a file :)

crazed 9.6
01-14-2015, 12:59 AM
I been reading a similar page BIO
But your's seems more informed thnx :)

I mighta had a bad transfer. I used a 1TB HDD for the USB device.
Can't find any of my dozen USB sticks :(

BIO
01-14-2015, 01:19 AM
I never read about it, that was just the first page that seemed relevant :)
I got the file from the thread and just put it on my phone.
Did you get the file linked in this post or the one from last night?

crazed 9.6
01-14-2015, 01:24 AM
I never read about it, that was just the first page that seemed relevant :)
I got the file from the thread and just put it on my phone.
Did you get the file linked in this post or the one from last night?

was from @ beta

BIO
01-14-2015, 01:25 AM
Let me download that and check it- it'll ba a bit

crazed 9.6
01-14-2015, 01:26 AM
found my USB sticks.
They were right where I put them :)

BIO
01-14-2015, 01:31 AM
Ha, isn't it funny how that happens. Bet it was the last place you looked too. Let me know if that works because it still says 8 minutes downloading with my crappy internet. Am streaming a movie though....

Can tell you one thing, I would like the app on my phone if it'd let me swipe the screen- will have to play with that now :)

EDIT::
File was good, just got it on the phone and installed.

crazed 9.6
01-14-2015, 01:44 AM
okay, thnx...
yea, I am having issues with stuff. The dreamlink is not seeing the .apk file at all now, on the usb stick. Saw it on the HDD, but not stick.

Will reformat the stick and re-try.

crazed 9.6
01-14-2015, 01:58 AM
nope.
The USB stick is fine. I can see the apk file when I look at the USB device thru file browser, but now no apk is found when I go thru Appsinstaller

I prolly somehow corrupted the file when I downloaded it... Don't know, but I have 3 extraction programs on PC here, will try another.
But this will all happen tomorrow.
Gotta get some shut eye soon :)

thnx BIO

BIO
01-14-2015, 02:20 AM
I believe if you see it with file browser you can install it from there? But it may also be corrupt since app ins. doesn't see it. IDK, but goodnight and get some rest. Tomorrow's another day.

On an unrelated note, I kinda like the app on my phone. Wouldn't want to watch the small screen for hours but it'll be nice when I'm desperate :)

Bkman2020
01-14-2015, 01:03 PM
If you have a sd card and a slot on device i find it works easier for apk`s

crazed 9.6
01-15-2015, 12:47 AM
I believe if you see it with file browser you can install it from there? But it may also be corrupt since app ins. doesn't see it. IDK, but goodnight and get some rest. Tomorrow's another day.

On an unrelated note, I kinda like the app on my phone. Wouldn't want to watch the small screen for hours but it'll be nice when I'm desperate :)

tried last night to open the apk thru the file browser (where I saw it), but that came up with the same parsing message.
I been hard at work last few days and no work tomorrow, so that's when I'll get back at it. Or maybe later tonight, depends how many cold ones I get into :)
I'll get it done :)

Thnx for that tip Bkman .. I will look into that too :)

BIO
01-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Sounds like a plan bud, I'm in no hurry since I've been watching my dreamlink most of this eve :)

crazed 9.6
01-15-2015, 02:41 AM
Sounds like a plan bud, I'm in no hurry since I've been watching my dreamlink most of this eve :)

lmao... arse

rubencito
01-15-2015, 03:00 AM
In portal settings you put the server name.
Exit back out one
Using stb emulator and when I get to the portal settings screen I enter http://1.iptvxxxxxxxx.tv/ under portal URL, do I leave everything else as it is?
when I go change to my profile it tells me my STB is damaged. I click on the settings menu at the top and change it to test portal and it works ok althogh no channels or
vod just some russian channels and you tube, but they work. What am I doing wrong? I believe I followed the steps to a T

BIO
01-15-2015, 03:12 AM
I was working with my dreamlink doing the steps, and only the steps I posted.
Have you changed your serial number and mac addy?
Think the serial number needs to stay 13 digits long.
Mac has to stay the same number of digits with : between.
Try using only mac letters a b c d e and numbers 0 1 2 3 4 5
like 1E: 2B: 3C: 00: AA: 11: etc.

lmao... arse
Yep :)

DarkSide
01-15-2015, 03:12 AM
In portal settings you put the server name.
Exit back out one
Using stb emulator and when I get to the portal settings screen I enter http://1.iptvxxxxxxxx.tv/ under portal URL, do I leave everything else as it is?
when I go change to my profile it tells me my STB is damaged. I click on the settings menu at the top and change it to test portal and it works ok althogh no channels or
vod just some russian channels and you tube, but they work. What am I doing wrong? I believe I followed the steps to a T

did you change the last 6 of mac in the emulator? and the serial number?

rubencito
01-15-2015, 09:15 PM
I have a mag 250 and used the last numbers of its mac address and separated with a : no spaces. So basically is the same number as in my mag250(cloned) I entered a different serial number with 13 digits. also changed the profile name to one of my own, I called it IPTV. the test portal works good. The IPTV portal says my box is damaged.I have tried it on two different occasions with the same results

I was working with my dreamlink doing the steps, and only the steps I posted.
Have you changed your serial number and mac addy?
Think the serial number needs to stay 13 digits long.
Mac has to stay the same number of digits with : between.
Try using only mac letters a b c d e and numbers 0 1 2 3 4 5
like 1E: 2B: 3C: 00: AA: 11: etc.

Yep :)

BIO
01-15-2015, 11:28 PM
I don't know, have never had that error on any of the installs I did. Maybe try uninstalling the app and try from scratch to see if that works.

Marley
01-16-2015, 05:27 AM
its the same error if you try it on internet

DarkSide
01-16-2015, 06:11 AM
i only see that error if i dont change the last 6 of the mac address

BIO
01-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Thanks darkside.

I just set my mac back to 0's and that is the message
''Your STB is damaged.
Call the provider.""

Never thought to NOT change my mac addy- just seems wrong lol'ol

rubencito
01-18-2015, 08:50 PM
I got it to work, I had done all that was said before, including changing mac last six. What I think I did wrong was to add a new test portal instead of modding the info on the portal that was already there. Also one more step as i was getting the same message was to go to stb model and click on the blue button that showed the mag 250 ththat I had enabled prior a couple lines up. I am working now however I have the loading bar, but will try to use external player
Thanks for your help everyone. You guys rock

Thanks darkside.

''Your STB is damaged.
Call the provider.""

mkj58
01-21-2015, 10:16 PM
Thanks darkside.

''Your STB is damaged.
Call the provider.""

I have used the app on my dreamlink and did everything step by step...I even installed the mx player ....when I go into portal setting I see no option for internal or exteneral player...nothing happens!!!! where do you find this option???

BIO
01-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Menu button on the remote brings it up at the bottom right.
Third or fourth option down should be media player

DarkSide
01-22-2015, 03:32 AM
after playing around with the mac, it seems only the last number has to be changed... anything from 1-9 or A-F seems to work..

BIO
01-22-2015, 03:39 AM
Thanks
I would change the last 6 anyways, may have to one day. Don't want to have the same mac as 300 others trying to connect to the same server. :)

DarkSide
01-22-2015, 03:42 AM
yeah... i think once everything is up and running, you will have to enter in the mac you want to use and if its taken, it should tell you... i would think.. time will tell!!!

Marley
01-22-2015, 04:34 AM
must be more then that can see how ez to change address

mkj58
01-22-2015, 02:50 PM
Menu button on the remote brings it up at the bottom right.
Third or fourth option down should be media player
Thanks I found the window below...but still having issues...when I go back to start the app I click 2x and it starts up my xbmc...i will exit out and restart the app I then get the menu "455 coming soon" click back and I get black screen timed_program or a blue bar! in portal settings i put the url in portal url internal portal url & checked true that url is internal...not sure if thats right....but trying everyway to get this to work!!! I even updated to the new version of mx player. What am I doing wrong????

BIO
01-22-2015, 06:38 PM
The xbmc issue is known, I usually get by without triggering it by hitting the menu key and exiting out that way. Haven't read or tracked down why it happens but you have to remember this is an emulator so some things may not work.

mkj58
01-22-2015, 06:50 PM
The xbmc issue is known, I usually get by without triggering it by hitting the menu key and exiting out that way. Haven't read or tracked down why it happens but you have to remember this is an emulator so some things may not work.

Yes this is true...but if it works on your dreamlink android ...should it also work on mine? Did i set up the portal settings correctly? I get 455 coming soon! Am I close?

BIO
01-22-2015, 07:08 PM
Yes, it should work on your dreamlink android since it works on mine. Showing 455 means you have it connecting. On that screen just click left to exit and go right to videoclub. The movies are what is available on this test right now

BIO
01-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Also, if you get the blue loading bar on a black screen or just the black screen pressing select on your remote will bring you back to the 455 coming soon screen to get out.

keegster17
02-04-2015, 12:15 AM
let me ask a few hopefully not to dump of a question. i have followed the steps, when you say server name, are you referring to my donation with say rocket, and that server name? also why do we change the mac address and serial number, not following.

BIO
02-04-2015, 12:25 AM
Yes, rocket server name and info given when the server is setup. Right now it's a test server and free. Put in ::

http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv/

Yo have to change the mac and serial because the emu and server wants them. If you don't follow the steps and change mac, it will error out with a stb damaged message. Serial is there to change so might as well change it

keegster17
02-04-2015, 07:26 PM
ok, thanks for the rocket info. so i can use any numbers for mac and serial? still don't get why however, can you provide a example on the mac address to better understand?

stans
02-04-2015, 07:29 PM
I use MXIII 4K, I can load the stb emulator but wont save in to the box also tell me Authentication problem.
Try every think and is not working for me
Stan

BIO
02-04-2015, 08:01 PM
ok, thanks for the rocket info. so i can use any numbers for mac and serial? still don't get why however, can you provide a example on the mac address to better understand?

I just read the part in my guide that refers to mac, and I clearly stated to use the last 6 from the receiver you are using it on. Mac addresses are like phone numbers, you only want one that belongs to you and confusion happens when many different have the same. Mac address numbers are specific to device- or at least should be.

The first 6 number and letter combination tell who made the device and the last 6 is the device identification. So if you use the last 6 from your device you should be future proof from someone else having the same. If you change the last 2 to ae or 21 or etc there is a good chance later on someone else took the same shortcut.

Serial number may be needed later on- may not. I really don't care if you change it but if it doesn't work and didn't change it- then the ones that didn't change it come back and ask why it doesn't work. So, isn't it better to change that now while you're in the menu looking at the option?

I suggest to follow the directions given, that's why they were given

BIO
02-04-2015, 08:03 PM
I use MXIII 4K, I can load the stb emulator but wont save in to the box also tell me Authentication problem.
Stan

Authentication problem? Is that when you load, when you play live tv, or when you play vod? Not saving may be an issue with your device and need posted in that device section? May be as simple as moving the program to sd card or moving oters there because it's running out of space?

keegster17
02-04-2015, 08:21 PM
BIO, thanks. very good explanation.

keegster17
02-05-2015, 02:39 AM
do i change my ip address? if so what do i use? lol. I did change everything but, something came up about "authentication"

BIO
02-05-2015, 02:45 AM
I changed mine and it works on many different devices, so it's up to you if you follow the guide and change it keeg. If your ip is 192.168.1.104 then change it in the profile settings to summin like 192.168.1.211. just change the last set of numbers to something your network devices aren't using. Adding 20 or 30 will probably work

keegster17
02-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Bio, i did manage to get about 5 channels discovery and a movie list, so i must have done something right. I found it a little difficult to maneuver on the screen with the remote.
Is there anything else i should see or view that might be interesting?

BIO
02-05-2015, 01:46 PM
The 5 channels is what is open for now, along with movies offered through vod. This is a testing phase for the server and channels that are open are to test the setup. More channels are expected to pop open but for now it is what it is.

What type of trouble you having with the remote? Mine works fine for everything of mine- except maybe my phone where I am forced to use navigation icons that popup.

keegster17
02-05-2015, 02:27 PM
ok, thanks. perhaps it is just getting use to everything. I was using the cursor, which moves slow.

BIO
02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
IC, get rid of the cursor and use the arrow buttons. Cursor is slow :)

keegster17
02-06-2015, 10:05 PM
new channel list, everytime i move to another channel i get bumped out of application completely.

moskivb
02-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Stan
That happens to me using "stbemu-googleplay-release-0.5.23", but after switching to "stbemu-googleplay-release-0.5.21" everything is OK.

keegster17
02-25-2015, 01:52 PM
moskivb what is this you mentioned "stbemu-googleplay-release-0.5.21" is this something i download? not to good with these android boxes.

BIO
02-25-2015, 01:59 PM
moskivb what is this you mentioned "stbemu-googleplay-release-0.5.21" is this something i download? not to good with these android boxes.

If you followed the link in the first post then you downloaded stbemu (vasilchmax) 0.5.21. There is an update that is 0.5.23 available through google play but not available in the US or Canada for download.

21 is the file in post 3 to download, since I cannot get the new 23 update

K00lKatT
02-25-2015, 02:07 PM
I believe it's been stated earlier that this ver, the .23 was for mag 260 only, I could be wrong..

BIO
02-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Googie says it would go onto all my devices if they allowed me to download. I have been looking for other places to get it but not very hard with all the bad reports. 23 is a minor bug fix to 21

Marley
02-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Description
Advertisement
IPTV Set-Top-Box Emulator
wiki: hxxps://bitbucket.org/vasilchmax/stb-emulator/wiki/Home

Now supports Mag200/250 & AuraHD, but a lot of other STBs are in plans.
Not all functions are emulated now but I'm working on it.

Keep in mind that this app doesn't provide any service and doesn't support m3u (or any others) playlists! You have to use it only with IPTV portals that support MAG2xx/AuraHD boxes.

===========

If this App doesn't work on your Android device or some functionality is not available, please, create an issue on hxxps://bitbucket.org/vasilchmax/stb-emulator/issues

more ↓
What's new
What's New v. 0.5.23
- Minor bugs fixed
Additional information

Updated: 2015-02-15
Version: New

moskivb
02-26-2015, 07:53 PM
deleted file, will post it later.
Please do not use.

original source for v. 0.5.23 is
https://github.com/mvasilchuk/yasem

Marley
02-27-2015, 04:30 AM
ok so one is bad or all ?

moskivb
02-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Did not tested yet, but that is work area of Maxim Vasilchuk. He called the emulator "yasem"

https://github.com/mvasilchuk

Please delete previous my post on that topic.

BIO
02-27-2015, 03:07 PM
yasem is a spinoff of vasilchmax designed for linux systems. There is a link in the vasilchmax wiki page to it that explains it briefly.

Marley
02-27-2015, 05:43 PM
yasem for linux will in Europe dreambox works great on iptv has been for long time but price forget it

dara
03-31-2015, 09:07 PM
STB Emulator v0.5.27 now available on Google Play
-Fixed authorization on Stalker portals using login/password
-Fixed default portal language

toyz4tv
04-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Guys, i've installed stb emu on an android tv box and when i'm in the channel list, as soon as i stop scrolling through the channels, it will play the channel I land on. I cant let go of the up or down arrow or it will start the channel where i am. How do i change that setting?

dara
04-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Guys, i've installed stb emu on an android tv box and when i'm in the channel list, as soon as i stop scrolling through the channels, it will play the channel I land on. I cant let go of the up or down arrow or it will start the channel where i am. How do i change that setting?

Switch to Internal Player, and on the Settings>Profiles, and the individual Portal settings, in Stalker Settings, check the box "Play in preview only by OK". You'll need to restart the emulator, and then hit esc/exit when video comes up initially. If you see the arrowhead next to the channel number, you will have stopped the 'autoplay' bug. You can then select the External Player and you should be good to go after the restart.

marcel.crash
11-19-2015, 08:01 AM
I am trying to setup a dremlink t6 for iptv . i have followed the IPTV setup for Dreamlink Android instructions , from the link in post #1 . after the STB Emulator was finish the install i hit open and all it does is go to a blue screen with the progression bar , it does not turn yellow it just sits there am i missing ? . i tried rebooting started over , tried again with different file same thing . i got internet cause the iks part works ok

marcel.crash
11-19-2015, 05:15 PM
i tried it again this morning and still the same the progress bar will not start it just sits there any suggestions would be appreciated

crazed 9.6
11-19-2015, 05:49 PM
marcel, you do know that the Dreamlink T6 and the Dreamlink Android are two completely different receivers, right ?

marcel.crash
11-19-2015, 05:54 PM
no i thought that was to put iptv on the t6 sorry . is there a how to set up iptv for the t6 on the site

Marley
11-19-2015, 05:57 PM
look the dreamlink android box works with iptv stalker now the t6 have not seen any working yet

crazed 9.6
11-19-2015, 06:00 PM
T6 works with Stalker with the T6 test build , 303 (it was reported).
T6 does not work with Stalker with newest build 343 (it was reported).

Marley
11-19-2015, 06:00 PM
you try it

crazed 9.6
11-19-2015, 06:02 PM
no I didn't try it. I just read the reports so far.
One fella had been trying it with the build 343 for a few days and had no success.
But others had it working with the older test build 303

I never tested it at all on this T6

Marley
11-19-2015, 06:10 PM
see iptv will work on this just have not heard anything on the rocket part

marcel.crash
11-19-2015, 06:28 PM
ok thanks for the input, i will keep trying different things to so if i could get it going