PDA

View Full Version : Settings.xml keeps resetting back to 0

ran4bud
07-18-2015, 08:29 PM
I've been reading and trying to get kodi to work on my nuvision tablet and my hp hdx pc for 4 days and keep getting unable to load channels. I go to setting.xml and change to 100 on timeout go to kodi and it looks like it's loading but it doesn't and then comes up with unable to load. So I go back to settings.xml and it shows 0 on timeout like the file reset. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

dara
07-18-2015, 08:39 PM
If you are "confiming" the value set in the settings.xml by going into the settings for PVR Stalker, and clicking OK, you will reset the value to 0, if you didn't load the modified version that allows you to select higher values. Go back into the thread, and look at the first post in the tutorial section.

ran4bud
07-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Ok do I over write the modified file on the settings.xml or add from zip through addons on kodi?

dara
07-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Ok do I over write the modified file on the settings.xml or add from zip through addons on kodi?

You can add through the zip. Some will advise to uninstall the pvr stalker first though, but the change only modifies the default settings.xml

ran4bud
07-19-2015, 05:04 AM
I installed the mod and now it let's me turn the out to 60 in pvr settings. I have a 66 donation for both iks and iptv. So I put my mac from my pc and insert it into 66 and kodi. Then s1.iptv66.tv and exit come back in it shows loading for a couple a seconds then says unable to load channels.

dara
07-19-2015, 12:44 PM
You can try manually bumping up that number beyond 60 as you tried before, someone in Thailand went as high as 600. Before doing that, clear data, and try disable/enable Live TV. Btw, even though the server you are using is papaio related, we can't support it here officially, but I read you may have to change that 's1' to '66'.

ran4bud
07-19-2015, 08:38 PM
I tried changing the xml settings higher but when I go back to kodi it still only let's me go up to 60. Isn't the free trial still on and the server 1. Iptvprivateserver.tv? If the trial is still on do I leave the MAC address at default or clear it out?

dara
07-19-2015, 08:49 PM
I tried changing the xml settings higher but when I go back to kodi it still only let's me go up to 60. Isn't the free trial still on and the server 1. Iptvprivateserver.tv? If the trial is still on do I leave the MAC address at default or clear it out?

It's still free, but as I said before, if you change that settings.xml file manually, (its the one in userdata>addon_data>pvr.stalker), you shouldn't verify the change by looking at the settings, because it will reset.

ran4bud
07-20-2015, 04:58 AM
Still haven't gotten it. Either get a unable to load channels or pvr client hasn't started yet check config. I tried editing the settings xml but still stays on 60 or 0 but let's me put it back to 60. Seems like the file saves but it still don't let me change from 0 to 200 just 0 to 60. This is some tough stuff lol. I was thinking it was the server. Maybe on pc it's not 1.iptvprivateserver.tv. It's not a video add on it's a live tv add on right?

ran4bud
07-21-2015, 02:16 AM
For some reason I couldn't get stalker client to work. But I downloaded iptv stalker set it up with mac and it works. I then saw a video of using iptv simple client with iptv stalker. Set the settings with epg guide and it's working great. I want to say thanks Dara for helping me out.