PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Vixo 2

the_sim
07-18-2015, 03:12 AM
I am looking at purchasing a new box to do IPTV and Kodi and was reading about this box. I couldn't find answers to some questions that I was curious about.

Does this box have a custom built version of Android on it?
Can this box be rooted?
Can we sideload apps onto it?
Are we restricted to apps from the MickyHop store?
Can we install any addons through Kodi like we would on any other box?

I am currently using some rooted Fire TVs to run Kodi and stalker pvr client. Would I notice any improvement using this box?
Thanks!!

crazed 9.6
07-18-2015, 03:37 AM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3024-aVoV-VIXO-2-Specifications
Specs will answer android version.

-no sideloads or rooted .. would be pointless.
-Mickyhop apps only.
-Yes, can install anything Kodi 15.0 beta1 can do.

crazed 9.6
07-18-2015, 03:43 AM
you'd notice improvement soon as you turned it on, yes (compared to a Stalker Client, yes)
:)

lol, if you want you can even install the stalker client thru Kodi on the Vixo2, would be pointless but can do it :eek:
The TVOnline app found in the MickyHop Channel Store takes care of IPTV servers

the_sim
07-18-2015, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Are all the apps on MickyHop free?

crazed 9.6
07-18-2015, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Are all the apps on MickyHop free?

yes, and the apps available for the vixo2 and avovs are plentiful.
Look here --> http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4719-Current-Apps-Vixo2

crazed 9.6
07-18-2015, 03:53 AM
with the vixo2 , you really do get best of both worlds. Them apps in Mickyhop store can be had thru Kodi too. With vixo2, you also get Kodi... just nuts I say :)
The TVOnline app was built for IPTV and especially for the avov boxes, well they incorporated it :)

the_sim
07-18-2015, 04:16 AM
Do we get the VOD on this box when using NFPS?

crazed 9.6
07-18-2015, 04:23 AM
Do we get the VOD on this box when using NFPS?

yes.
The TVOnline app makes easy work setting up servers :)

the_sim
07-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Is there an EPG if I have an iptvprivateserver donation?
How is the EPG? I hear it is not as good as the MAG one.

K00lKatT
07-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Yes, there is an EPG...

Marley
07-18-2015, 02:14 PM
both are great just not working well on them need a little time to fix all

dublinkid
07-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Will say the guide needs a bit of work, but this is still in it's infancy stage so from what I've seen in support already this box is gonna be smokin'.

Marley
07-18-2015, 05:08 PM
my avov2 rocks on kodi and tvonline only going to get better

crazed 9.6
07-18-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't get why people seem to think the MAG is all wonderful when it comes to the EPG :(
I keep seeing this posted. It's not true.
It's not any better then the avov's and this vixo2 EPG has been improved upon since the Vixo1 or the TVOnline avov models.
That loading circle when in EPG is one point of improvement, among a few. It no longer works the same as you would see on the Vixo1 or TVOnline model.
The Vixo2 EPG and functioning of EPG has improved drastically.

Some should start the rumor that MAG EPG is no where near as good as the AVov's .. :)

I would recheck how good the MAG's EPG is, but the loading time it takes to get the MAG up and working, well I can have lunch and take the dog for a walk in that time :)

the_sim
07-19-2015, 01:05 AM
I picked up one of those boxes today. Is there a way to make the remote more responsive? I have to push the buttons many times while changing the angle of the remote to get it to work. Very frustrating!! Also the version of Kodi in the channel store is 14.2. I read on here that it should be version 15RC2 now. Am I missing something?

Marley
07-19-2015, 01:19 AM
its 15RC and make sure your box is center for remote

the_sim
07-19-2015, 01:28 AM
The only one in the store for me is Kodi 14.2 version. I installed it thinking it was labeled wrong but it was not. It says that am running TVMC 14.2 even though I installed Kodi.

Marley
07-19-2015, 02:16 AM
TVMC 14.2 cant tell you maybe but not on my box its Isengard 15.0

Marley
07-19-2015, 02:18 AM
how heck you get TVMC 14.2 if so can run Isengard 15.0 this is on a avov2 ? TVMC 14.2

Marley
07-19-2015, 02:20 AM
maybe its new thing on box i just dont know is it app in channel store ?

Marley
07-19-2015, 02:23 AM
oh
We love to make things easier around here. As we got a numerous amount of issue with people having trouble setting up/confuguring Kodi, we decided to just make it easier for you now. Here are some of the updates we have done with:

Kodi on our platform:
Updated to the latest Kodi version (Isengard RC 2).
TVMC fully supported through Kodi installation on MickyHop (Now when you install Kodi for the first time, it will automatically install and update TVMC for you). Install Kodi -> then run Kodi -> then TVMC auto configures with all the latest Kodi apps and features from TVaddons.ag.
Although this feature eliminates you able to configuring your Kodi client right off the bat by your self, we will be adding another version of Kodi where you will be able to do keep a naked version of Kodi without any configurations to customize/configure for your self.

Let us know what you guys think. Please report any bugs if you come across them. You can comment on the post below.

Remember: No ‘programming’ required is what we like to stand by and support.

Marley
07-19-2015, 02:33 AM
they say they will make one without tvmc which i will wait for and then update my box hopefully for r2

the_sim
07-19-2015, 02:38 AM
I read that post yesterday which is why I was expecting to be able to install Isengard RC 2 but the only one on the channel store now is 14.2. Do you guys see other one on the channel store?
Also what is the list button on the remote? The one we should use to switch source in Kodi?

Marley
07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
what you need to click on kodi to open with remote need high lite the app and click ok and 14.2 is right one its kodi Isengard and you just cant switch you need to go out of kodi for other apps to work from store and the apps you get from the store are all in my channels

Marley
07-19-2015, 02:52 AM
me i run 6 apps cloudtv dream iptv kodi movie25 pspub game emulator and tvonline

the_sim
07-19-2015, 03:37 AM
Isengard is actually version 15 not 14.

On page 9 of the Vixo 2 manual it says:
5. LIST BUTTON: This list button will bring up channel/source
lists while you are watching a video or movie. It will not interrupt
the content you are currently watching.
*IF the current source you are viewing a video from is not
working properly you can use the list button to change sources
while continuing from whichever part you were on.

That's the button i am looking for on the remote.

Marley
07-19-2015, 03:51 AM
im sorry its the guide button then back

Marley
07-19-2015, 04:01 AM
they missed so much on manual dont know why i ask same question as you did where did the number go me i just pressed all to find out what they did

crazed 9.6
07-19-2015, 04:22 AM
yes, asft is correct.
Although it doesn't show in the manual, the list button is the guide button.
While watching a movie, use that guide button and the current channel info will appear on the screen (at the bottom).
Hit the Back button to get it off the screen.