PDA

View Full Version : EPG on TVOnline needs load of work

freetv4life
07-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Hi,

Very disappointed with the TV Guide for the Avov TVOnline stb. You have to go through the channels one by one to see what is showing unlike the MAG 254 which shows about 5 or 6 channels showings per page. You are also not able to page down in the guide on the TV Online.

When you are on a channel and hit Guide it opens up the guide to the first channel instead of the channel you are viewing. Hope they fix these issues in future updates.

Other than this issue the box is great.

mavblues
07-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Agreed, but it is a fairly new box and hopefully they will make improvements as time goes by.

Also, I'd like the option to have the back button bring you to the last channel. If not that, the yellow "recall" button should just go to the last channel instead of bringing up a menu of recent channels (or have the option to change the setting).

The only other thing I'd change is the layout of the remote: the page up/page down buttons are in a horrible location. Should be up higher on the remote, so you can use it one handed.

Decent box for the price, though.

All hypothetical, of course. I'm just here reading.

theone
07-11-2015, 10:24 PM
As you can tell, its still pretty much in test mode until the 15th of July. Some work still needs to be done. Gradually you will see the progress slowly so patients is needed.

freetv4life
07-12-2015, 02:31 PM
falcon99 talking about the presentation of the Guide on the TVOnline not the iptv service itself. Understand we are in testing mode with the service.

Having to go channel by channel in the full guide on the TVOnline stb seems like a backward step by avov. The box itself has a lot of potential so hoping they fix this soon. It's a deal breaker for me but there are people who can look pass that. Know it's a work in progress so with time they should get it right.

Marley
07-12-2015, 03:50 PM
yea everything is so new to start from only really been like 5 months so what they did and doing is great i cant wait to go private 3 days left and please dont thing all this will happen over night really don't think so but time will tell

Bkman2020
07-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Give it time