PDA

View Full Version : Stalker client: unable to load channels

Mimi58
07-08-2015, 02:45 AM
I have an android box and follow all the instructions to download the stalker add-on but when I re-start kodi I got a message "stalker client: unable to load channels". I'm no sure what I did wrong any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

dara
07-08-2015, 03:32 AM
Read this thread.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4812-Stalker-won-t-load-channels

Mimi58
07-08-2015, 04:02 AM
Read this thread.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4812-Stalker-won-t-load-channels

Thanks for your reply, I read the thread but they talked about a PC and other devices mine is a box. I don't know if that makes a difference.

dara
07-08-2015, 04:15 AM
Basically the same issue. If you have root access, locate the .../Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker and modify the settings.xml for a longer timeout, 60 should work.

Roach46
07-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks for your reply, I read the thread but they talked about a PC and other devices mine is a box. I don't know if that makes a difference.
You may want to triple check and make sure you have the correct spelling etc, in you set up, im on a android box, with time out set at 5 and works perfectly

Mimi58
07-08-2015, 05:06 PM
I checked everything and after the 4th or 5th tried it downloaded the channels, but every time I turned off and on again the box,I got the same message "unable to load channels". Has anybody the same problem?

dara
07-08-2015, 05:23 PM
I checked everything and after the 4th or 5th tried it downloaded the channels, but every time I turned off and on again the box,I got the same message "unable to load channels". Has anybody the same problem?

Did you modify the settings.xml like I suggested? Your error comes up when you can't establish a connection for the channel list, so if your portal url is correct and you have a correct MAC, that would be your next step because the request to the server is not being seen.

Mimi58
07-08-2015, 05:27 PM
How do I know if I have a correct MAC? I just changed the last two digits with letters between A-F.

dara
07-08-2015, 05:34 PM
How do I know if I have a correct MAC? I just changed the last two digits with letters between A-F.

That's fine. As long as the first six are 00:1A:79, you can change the last six to numbers and a-f. Can you please answer my question, or I'll stop helping.

Mimi58
07-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Did you modify the settings.xml like I suggested? Your error comes up when you can't establish a connection for the channel list, so if your portal url is correct and you have a correct MAC, that would be your next step because the request to the server is not being seen.

I couldn't modify the settings.xml, I found it in file manager but there is not option to open or modify the file.

dara
07-08-2015, 05:43 PM
A good tool to that has a file editor is ES File Explorer, so get that from the Google Play store. It includes a note editor. I'm not sure if you really need root access to make this change, but being rooted does help for other things not related to your question.

Mimi58
07-09-2015, 11:18 PM
I did the changes and so far working fine thanks for your help Dara.

fireman
07-10-2015, 01:44 AM
Thanks Dara. Was down for two days with stalkerpvr, did the settings.xml changes and back in business. The video plugin worked the whole time, so I wasn't without tv.

kaguts
07-11-2015, 05:03 AM
I am having the same issues. Started with a fresh install of Kodi 15 RC1. Followed the instructions and it sits on loading channels and the bar does not move then it goes to failed to load channels. I have edited the xml file to 60 then 65 and now 90. I have edited the mac a few times keeping the first 3 sets of numbers default. I have also tried adding http:// to the front of the server url. I have the stalker iptv working on an older version of Kodi without the epg setup and it was working on this other pc until I tried to update everything. Been at it for awhile today and am a bit stuck now. Maybe just go back to the old version with no epg?

CableCost$
07-11-2015, 05:24 AM
I am having the same issues. Started with a fresh install of Kodi 15 RC1. Followed the instructions and it sits on loading channels and the bar does not move then it goes to failed to load channels. I have edited the xml file to 60 then 65 and now 90. I have edited the mac a few times keeping the first 3 sets of numbers default. I have also tried adding http:// to the front of the server url. I have the stalker iptv working on an older version of Kodi without the epg setup and it was working on this other pc until I tried to update everything. Been at it for awhile today and am a bit stuck now. Maybe just go back to the old version with no epg?
The new version (15) works fine.

Here is a copy of my xml file where I edited the MAC address for you.

Be sure that Kodi is fully closed. (wait 30 seconds after closing. Although the program may seem to be closed instantly, it may still be running in the background based on your specific setup).
After 30 seconds. Then delete all the info inside of YOUR xml file.
Then Copy/paste this info into your xml file:

<settings>
<setting id="active_portal" value="0" />
<setting id="connection_timeout" value="100" />
<setting id="device_id2_0" value="" />
<setting id="device_id2_1" value="" />
<setting id="device_id2_2" value="" />
<setting id="device_id2_3" value="" />
<setting id="device_id2_4" value="" />
<setting id="device_id_0" value="" />
<setting id="device_id_1" value="" />
<setting id="device_id_2" value="" />
<setting id="device_id_3" value="" />
<setting id="device_id_4" value="" />
<setting id="guide_preference_0" value="3" />
<setting id="guide_preference_1" value="0" />
<setting id="guide_preference_2" value="0" />
<setting id="guide_preference_3" value="0" />
<setting id="guide_preference_4" value="0" />
<setting id="login_0" value="" />
<setting id="login_1" value="" />
<setting id="login_2" value="" />
<setting id="login_3" value="" />
<setting id="login_4" value="" />
<setting id="mac_0" value="00:1A:79:B8:94:A5" />
<setting id="mac_1" value="00:1A:79:00:00:00" />
<setting id="mac_2" value="00:1A:79:00:00:00" />
<setting id="mac_3" value="00:1A:79:00:00:00" />
<setting id="mac_4" value="00:1A:79:00:00:00" />
<setting id="password_0" value="" />
<setting id="password_1" value="" />
<setting id="password_2" value="" />
<setting id="password_3" value="" />
<setting id="password_4" value="" />
<setting id="sep1" value="" />
<setting id="sep1_0" value="" />
<setting id="sep1_1" value="" />
<setting id="sep1_2" value="" />
<setting id="sep1_3" value="" />
<setting id="sep1_4" value="" />
<setting id="sep2_0" value="" />
<setting id="sep2_1" value="" />
<setting id="sep2_2" value="" />
<setting id="sep2_3" value="" />
<setting id="sep2_4" value="" />
<setting id="sep3_0" value="" />
<setting id="sep3_1" value="" />
<setting id="sep3_2" value="" />
<setting id="sep3_3" value="" />
<setting id="sep3_4" value="" />
<setting id="sep4_0" value="" />
<setting id="sep4_1" value="" />
<setting id="sep4_2" value="" />
<setting id="sep4_3" value="" />
<setting id="sep4_4" value="" />
<setting id="serial_number_0" value="" />
<setting id="serial_number_1" value="" />
<setting id="serial_number_2" value="" />
<setting id="serial_number_3" value="" />
<setting id="serial_number_4" value="" />
<setting id="server_0" value="http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv/ " />
<setting id="server_1" value="127.0.0.1" />
<setting id="server_2" value="127.0.0.1" />
<setting id="server_3" value="127.0.0.1" />
<setting id="server_4" value="127.0.0.1" />
<setting id="signature_0" value="" />
<setting id="signature_1" value="" />
<setting id="signature_2" value="" />
<setting id="signature_3" value="" />
<setting id="signature_4" value="" />
<setting id="time_zone_0" value="Europe/Kiev" />
<setting id="time_zone_1" value="Europe/Kiev" />
<setting id="time_zone_2" value="Europe/Kiev" />
<setting id="time_zone_3" value="Europe/Kiev" />
<setting id="time_zone_4" value="Europe/Kiev" />
<setting id="token_0" value="" />
<setting id="token_1" value="" />
<setting id="token_2" value="" />
<setting id="token_3" value="" />
<setting id="token_4" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_path_0" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_path_1" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_path_2" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_path_3" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_path_4" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_scope_0" value="0" />
<setting id="xmltv_scope_1" value="0" />
<setting id="xmltv_scope_2" value="0" />
<setting id="xmltv_scope_3" value="0" />
<setting id="xmltv_scope_4" value="0" />
<setting id="xmltv_url_0" value=" http:// is.gd/NFPSE" />
<setting id="xmltv_url_1" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_url_2" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_url_3" value="" />
<setting id="xmltv_url_4" value="" />
</settings>

kaguts
07-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Thanks so much for your help! Looking at your xml I think I am opening the wrong one. I am in kodi/addons/pvr.stalker/resources/settings.

CableCost$
07-11-2015, 05:41 AM
LOl. yeah you are going to wrong place. You are going to "addons".

go to "userdata"/ "addon_data"/ pvr.stalker"

kaguts
07-11-2015, 05:48 AM
I am using windows 7. Under the userdata folder I only have RSSFEEDS xml. I have allowed all hidden folders.

CableCost$
07-11-2015, 05:51 AM
Go to
AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/

You should see 2 files. "cache" & "settings". edit the settings file.

EDIT: right-click on "settings" & open with "notepad" or "wordpad".

kaguts
07-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Not sure why but I am opening the correct xml its just laid out differently than in your post. My timeout is set to 90 but the values are not what I have put xbmc. They are default. I also do not see ROAMING in my folders. Strange stuff. I have always figured things out and will eventually get this too. Like I said I have the old XBMC running the stalker without epg and it works still.

The default in xbmc is now 90 and it is still doing the same thing. Im sure Im missing something simple but this is getting to me now.

OK!! I found where I was supposed to make the edit and its done now. Still getting same error though. When the pvr loads up on the top right corner the bar never moves like my other version?

CableCost$
07-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Not sure why but I am opening the correct xml its just laid out differently than in your post. My timeout is set to 90 but the values are not what I have put xbmc. They are default. I also do not see ROAMING in my folders. Strange stuff. I have always figured things out and will eventually get this too. Like I said I have the old XBMC running the stalker without epg and it works still.

The default in xbmc is now 90 and it is still doing the same thing. Im sure Im missing something simple but this is getting to me now.

OK!! I found where I was supposed to make the edit and its done now. Still getting same error though. When the pvr loads up on the top right corner the bar never moves like my other version?ANother edit: Sorry it took so long. I hate working.....believe me.

Have you updated Kodi to version 15?

How long are you waiting for it load?

Sometimes you have to wait 20-30 seconds & the times do vary. Also,try to close Kodi again & then opening it back. That's part of the new 15 build, which does sometimes NOT save the input that you put into the Kodi settings themselves without editing the xml yourself. Remember, Kodi 15 is in a "still in progress" mode, per-say. But it does work better with this server.

If your still having problems. Try clearing the cache under the "System"/ "TV" / "General"/ "Clear data" : Mind you that this will reset the setting that you just put into your xml file. So you will have to repeat the steps above.

kaguts
07-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Its working now. Im actually reluctant to say it but I had networking issues that was causing the problem. Someone decided to unplug a switch and not say anything! Thanks for all your help and I did use your settings xml with a small mac adjustment.

Rekkid
07-11-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm having the same issue on my PC and my Android box. I had 14.2 Kodi installed, changed to 15 and followed the instructions provided on this site (there are lots of youtube videos as well)... pretty simple setup, but I keep getting 'unable to load channels'. I adjusted the connection timeout in settings.xml and I get the same error. I have donated and have my MAC linked... but I have not been able to get it to work. I feel like I'm losing my mind lol.

My steps:

- Fresh install of Kodi 15
- System > Settings > Add-ons > My Add-ons > PVR clients > Stalker Client
- Configure Portal 1 with my MAC Address on my Android box that's also linked to my donation
- Server Address is "1.iptvprivateserver.tv"
- Guide is "Prefer XMLTV"
- XMLTV remote URL is "http://is.gd/NFPSE"
- Ok and back out to System > Settings > TV > General > Enable
- Get "Stalker Client: Unable to load channels"

- Tried System > Settings > TV > General > Clear data

- Restart Kodi

- Closed Kodi, modified settings.xml and changed the connection timeout to "60"
- Restart Kodi

dara
07-11-2015, 09:43 PM
One thing that can correct issues is to make sure you "Clear data" in the Live TV settings. Also, Disable/Enable sometimes works. But most of all, check all settings, including the first page to make sure you do have the right active portal, and that you have no trailing blanks. Also, no one has confirmed that the "00:1A:78" prefix works yet, so use "00:1A:79" instead until told otherwise. Don't mess with the time zone, it isn't working anyway. Be careful with the settings.xml, as if you screw up a tag, the settings could become invalid, and after setting the timeout, don't click "ok" if you are confirming your changes on the Settings pages, just exit out. 0 is what you will see for Connection Timeout, no matter what you set the timeout to be .

Rekkid
07-11-2015, 10:06 PM
One thing that can correct issues is to make sure you "Clear data" in the Live TV settings. Also, Disable/Enable sometimes works. But most of all, check all settings, including the first page to make sure you do have the right active portal, and that you have no trailing blanks. Also, no one has confirmed that the "00:1A:78" prefix works yet, so use "00:1A:79" instead until told otherwise. Don't mess with the time zone, it isn't working anyway. Be careful with the settings.xml, as if you screw up a tag, the settings could become invalid, and after setting the timeout, don't click "ok" if you are confirming your changes on the Settings pages, just exit out. 0 is what you will see for Connection Timeout, no matter what you set the timeout to be .

Thanks for the reply...

- I don't have a "Live TV" settings, I do have TV settings under System > Settings > TV. When I select 'Clear data' it does so, and then gives me "Stalker Client: Unable to load channels".
- "Active Portal" is 1, with the Server Address set to "1.iptvprivateserver.tv" with no trailing spaces
- I was using my devices own MAC address that I registered at papiao.is using my donation. I changed the MAC back to '00:1A:79:00:00:00' but I still get "Stalker Client: Unable to load channels"
- I only changed the '10' to '60' in the connection time out settings, nothing else. Didn't make any difference, still get "Stalker Client: Unable to load channels"

1iwilly
07-11-2015, 10:20 PM
here is what i have learn every time time i change anything in pvr stalker at time even when you clear data it resets the xml to 0. so ones you make your changes close kodi make the mod to the xml file by the way 75 is the magic number open ok and your back in business

Rekkid
07-11-2015, 10:37 PM
here is what i have learn every time time i change anything in pvr stalker at time even when you clear data it resets the xml to 0. so ones you make your changes close kodi make the mod to the xml file by the way 75 is the magic number open ok and your back in business

I looked over the settings in the Stalker Client, General tab has Active Portal set to 1, Connection Timeout is set to 5. Portal 1 tab has MAC Address set to mine, Server Address has 1.iptvprivateserver.tv, Guide Preference is set to 'Prefer XMLTV' and XMLTV Remote URL is set to 'http://is.gd/NFPSE'. Nothing else was modified.

I went to System > Settings > TV > Clear data, then shut down Kodi. I modified Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/settings.xml so that 'connection_timeout' value is set to "75". Save, exit.

I restart Kodi, I see top right 'PVR Manager is starting up', it's up there for about 1 second and then I get "Stalker Client: Unable to load channels".

One thing to clarify... this is a fresh virgin install of Kodi 15 and all I did was configure the built in Stalker Client and enabled TV under System > Settings > TV. Nothing else was installed... that's ok right?

dara
07-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the reply...
- "Active Portal" is 1, with the Server Address set to "1.iptvprivateserver.tv" with no trailing spaces

Try this... include the protocol type in the url: "http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv" . It shouldn't matter, but might as well try. Also, don't use the 00:00:00 ever, change it to something else random in hexdigits, not just all zeros. I doubt it would be a DNS issue, but try pinging the url as well to see if you get a return.

Rekkid
07-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Try this... include the protocol type in the url: "http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv" . It shouldn't matter, but might as well try. Also, don't use the 00:00:00 ever, change it to something else random in hexdigits, not just all zeros. I doubt it would be a DNS issue, but try pinging the url as well to see if you get a return.

Prefixing the server address with "http://" didn't make a difference. I've been using my own MAC address (of the device I'm using) associated to my donation... I'm not using '00:1A:79'... I only tried that a couple of times. I went back and put in 00:1A:79:16:E7:BD just for fun, same problem "Stalker Client: Unable to load channels".

I was able to successfully ping 1.iptvprivateserver.tv, 75 ms return.

Rekkid
07-11-2015, 11:01 PM
I think I understand this now. I modified settings.xml and put "150" as the connection_timeout and guess what? It worked. I have a 200 MBPS connection too, pretty quick, guess it doesn't matter.

... so It's working now :) Thanks guys!

Nightrider13
07-12-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm having this same issue on my Raspberry Pi2 running Kodi. Is there a way I can change that setting.xml? Where is this located for Kodi OSMC?

soldertech24
07-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Its broken waiting for a fix.

spdklls99
07-13-2015, 01:13 AM
one thing that worked for me and other people as well..it sucks .....uninstall completely and then do a reinstall of rc2..then jump thru all hoops of editing .xml file as stated in previous posts... did it on my computer..not wiping my android box..ill wait and see if a fix comes or not

fireman
07-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Thru trial and error I have my connection timeout at 600. Yes 600. 95s 100s 200s didn't do it. Location Thailand. Speed 11m down 1 up. Win 7 pc. StalkerPVR ver 8. Very little if any buffering but am 12 hours out of sync with the main traffic.

dara
07-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Thru trial and error I have my connection timeout at 600. Yes 600. 95s 100s 200s didn't do it. Location Thailand. Speed 11m down 1 up. Win 7 pc. StalkerPVR ver 8. Very little if any buffering but am 12 hours out of sync with the main traffic.

Try this, as it could be a DNS issue. Ping the server that you are using to connect, and see how long it takes for a return, and then use that IP address instead. If it takes long to resolve, but the ping is relatively short, then it could just be your local DNS. You could also do a tracert to see how many hops it takes to get to the server as well, as you are on the opposite side of the world.

fireman
07-17-2015, 02:59 AM
Dara. A ping yeilded 255 ms. A tracert failed at hop 8, multiple times. Tried changing to Google dns same timing. No biggie because it works. Just the further away you get the number may be higher than 60. You can't get much further away than Thailand.