PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help with Kodi on Fire Wire

tinydread
06-29-2015, 01:58 PM
I am using adbFire to load kodi-14.2-Helix-armeabi-v7a on Amazon Fire Tv. When I click on the instal button in adbfire, the Device connected green bar indicates that kodi is being installed. However when done and I click on the Disconnect button I get Install failed. I noticed that if I don't click the Disconnect button quickly, the reloading process restarts.

psycon
06-29-2015, 03:37 PM
stop hitting disconnect while its trying to install and you may have beter luck. it will tell you when it is sucessfull.. the progress bare is not an indication of when it is done and it will restart several times.. it takes 5-10 mintues

tinydread
06-29-2015, 05:17 PM
I have this thing trying to install for over an hour now and it is still recycling through the install

mani49ers559
06-29-2015, 06:10 PM
I have this thing trying to install for over an hour now and it is still recycling through the install

Use apps2fire via the app store on Google if you have an android then save a copy of kodi to your phone u can send it ffrm your phone to the firetv just input the firetv ip address of course must be on wifi give it 3 or so mins

bigjw
06-29-2015, 06:45 PM
No expert on subject but I have Kodi 15.2 on two FireTV boxes and 14.2 on a FireStick. I used ADBFire 1.26 to install the Helix apk. You may want to make sure that your FireTV box is "awake" or out of sleep mode first. You may want to even reset/power off the box and start over.

Next, make sure you have downloaded your Helix from Kodi.TV Make sure to use the ARM version only. Verify your IP Address on your FireTV. Note, your router/gateway address is not the same address of your FireTV box IP Address. (Mine changes, not sure why, but I have a business internet package.)

May want to restart the computer that your ADBFire is on. With all that said, on previous installs this same delay happened to me until I reset everything and started fresh.

Good Luck!

tinydread
06-29-2015, 06:58 PM
As of this writing. It is in the two hours of installing. So now I going to try the above and let you know how I'm doing.

psycon
06-29-2015, 07:44 PM
It shouldnt take that long.. 5-15 minutes tops..

1.. make sure previous versions are uninstalled first.
2. install a file manager (like ES file explorer) so you can install apps via USB instead.
3. try disabling the firewall on your on your router and make sure you have no port forwards set up... i have found that i can never get things to install on one of my routers, yet works fine on my other one. maybe reset your router to factory defaults.

Proseven
06-29-2015, 08:22 PM
As of this writing. It is in the two hours of installing. So now I going to try the above and let you know how I'm doing.

I've just been through the same process... Unfortunately, I don't know how much you've read about this before posting but Amazon as just rendered illegal the use of kodi, so the new update your box just picked up makes it unrootable at this time.

mani49ers559
06-29-2015, 08:30 PM
I've just been through the same process... Unfortunately, I don't know how much you've read about this before posting but Amazon as just rendered illegal the use of kodi, so the new update your box just picked up makes it unrootable at this time.

you don't need root to sideload kodi on the firetv it would just be under the settings/manage installed apps

tinydread
06-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the info. In this case I may just have to return this door stop and get me something else.

Proseven
06-29-2015, 09:40 PM
The sure thing though is that tvmc's apk can't be installed after it picked up its new update... And... from what I'm seeing, same thing for Kodi (sideload or not)...

bigjw
06-29-2015, 11:00 PM
I have side loaded all my FireTV's and FireStick via ADBFire. I have also sideloaded (3) Kindle Fire tablets. All work perfectly. I tried to use the new TVMC android (Gotham) version and found that it was a waste of time. Using my Kindle browser (SilK) I went to download site and loaded it directly to the Kindle. (Helix 14.2) on Kindles, no issues with playback or adding TVMC wizard and other addons.

mani49ers559
06-29-2015, 11:19 PM
I have side loaded all my FireTV's and FireStick via ADBFire. I have also sideloaded (3) Kindle Fire tablets. All work perfectly. I tried to use the new TVMC android (Gotham) version and found that it was a waste of time. Using my Kindle browser (SilK) I went to download site and loaded it directly to the Kindle. (Helix 14.2) on Kindles, no issues with playback or adding TVMC wizard and other addons.

I really hope amazon does not start killing boxes because of kodi in any case people need to turn off auto updates

bigjw
06-30-2015, 10:57 AM
If they do mine they will either be returned of dumped in the garbage.

tinydread
06-30-2015, 05:15 PM
I took the coward's way out and sent it back and ordered a box that already has kodi 14.2 installed.