PDA

View Full Version : Werdum happy to welcome ...............

jetta
01-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Werdum happy to welcome Jones to heavyweight

The list of challengers at the UFC light heavyweight division isn't very long anymore, and Jon Jones could be heading up to heavyweight soon.

The UFC 205-pound kingpin, who defeated Daniel Cormier by decision at Saturday night’s UFC 182 main event, once again hinted about moving up to heavyweight for new challenges, including taking a fight with UFC champion Cain Velasquez "in a heartbeat". However, there’s another titleholder targeting him.

Right after the Jones-Cormier fight in Las Vegas, interim heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum tweeted that it was a good fight, but…

"He’s the one who started all this, saying he would fight me every day," Werdum told MMAFighting.com. "If he wants to fight me every day, he should come to Kings MMA and spar with me."

During a UFC media day in November, Jones talked about facing "Vai Cavalo" at heavyweight.

"There are definitely a lot of heavyweights that I know I would beat," Jones said. "A lot of heavyweights that could give me a hell of a run or possibly beat me. I keep it real. I'm smaller than these guys."

"A guy like Werdum, I would fight him every day, all day," Jones continued. "Why? Because he's not the biggest guy. But the heavyweights I believe would give me the hardest time are the big ones. Not necessarily the better skilled ones -- just the bigger ones. You shoot in and they sprawl out on you, that's going to take a lot of energy to finish that shot, you know what I mean?"

Is Jones willing to fight Werdum every day or just once? Because "Vai Cavalo" says is ready for both ideas.

"If you want to fight me every day, come to Kings MMA. We’ll spar every day, all day, with no time limit for a week, a month, until one quits. If you want to fight me every day, that’s how it’s going to work," Werdum said. "When we have a visitor that talks too much trash, we do sparring sessions with no time limit, until someone quits. Old-school MMA."

"But if you want to fight me, we can talk to the UFC and do this superfight," he continued. "Heavyweight, catchweight, anything."