PDA

View Full Version : Buzz models having issues with Video Player on certain channels

tvlarry
08-18-2023, 02:44 AM
Lost NewsMax and many local channels as Baltimore, Las Vegas etc. Using the Primary Video Player error message "stream format not supported" All servers on NF** servers. Switch to Backup Video Player those channels work but the others that worked before on Primary Video player have issues now with audio loss after a pause of video or fast action scene. So. both players have issues now.

In checking other brand boxes as the Dream****, Matr***, Form** Z**, they all work fine on all channels using their Primary Video Player. This indicates there is an issue with Buzz Video Player Firmware after the recent change in channel lineup & service.

Please check your data and confirm>>>

big mac
08-18-2023, 03:16 AM
Lost NewsMax and many local channels as Baltimore, Las Vegas etc. Using the Primary Video Player error message "stream format not supported" All servers on NF** servers. Switch to Backup Video Player those channels work but the others that worked before on Primary Video player have issues now with audio loss after a pause of video or fast action scene. So. both players have issues now.

In checking other brand boxes as the Dream****, Matr***, Form** Z**, they all work fine on all channels using their Primary Video Player. This indicates there is an issue with Buzz Video Player Firmware after the recent change in channel lineup & service.

Please check your data and confirm>>>

Are you using MAC or XC API?

NBS
08-18-2023, 10:43 AM
You refer to a recent change in channel lineup and service. Please explain

tvlarry
08-20-2023, 07:19 PM
There was a reformatting performed on Servers P1-7
After this event, some BuzzTV boxes lost certain channels as Local direct as Baltimore, Las Vegas, and NewsMax when using the Primary Video Player. This happened suddenly. In diagnosis, changing from Primary to Backup on Live TV corrected those lost channels. however created another issue on the ones that worked. So it seems there is an issue on the Boxes, because I had complaints coming in and had to determine what happened. I was forced to try another Service on the same Box. That new Service different Provider has similar issues with some of their channel lineup indicating an issue with the Player in the Buzz units. I checked and could not find any updates to the VLC Player.
Also remember that there is no issue with the older boxes as stated in another post above, again pointing back to Buzz Video Player can not handle the new formatting from multiple Providers.
Buzz5 V20220923
IPTV version 5.0.799

The Primary Player I believe is embedded in the Buzz Firmware, not using VLC, some people are using the Beta Firmware which I have been unable to locate and download.

Tha Joker
08-20-2023, 07:44 PM
Newsmax
abc Baltimore
abc Las Vegas

all working on primary. Buzz 4900 5.0.799. Mac authentication

big mac
08-20-2023, 07:49 PM
There was a reformatting performed on Servers P1-7
After this event, some BuzzTV boxes lost certain channels as Local direct as Baltimore, Las Vegas, and NewsMax when using the Primary Video Player. This happened suddenly. In diagnosis, changing from Primary to Backup on Live TV corrected those lost channels. however created another issue on the ones that worked. So it seems there is an issue on the Boxes, because I had complaints coming in and had to determine what happened. I was forced to try another Service on the same Box. That new Service different Provider has similar issues with some of their channel lineup indicating an issue with the Player in the Buzz units. I checked and could not find any updates to the VLC Player.
Also remember that there is no issue with the older boxes as stated in another post above, again pointing back to Buzz Video Player can not handle the new formatting from multiple Providers.
Buzz5 V20220923
IPTV version 5.0.799

The Primary Player I believe is embedded in the Buzz Firmware, not using VLC, some people are using the Beta Firmware which I have been unable to locate and download.

And you never will.No one using beta downloaded it.

08-20-2023, 09:56 PM
What did I miss. Where and what is the answer/ fix?

tvlarry
08-21-2023, 02:41 AM
Joker claims his 4900 works on the locals & NewsMax using the Primary Video Player setting on IPTV 5.0.799, what Firmware Version are you on ? mine is V20220923
I also have a U5 same issue.

Because the Player is embedded in the firmware I think.

big mac
08-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Joker claims his 4900 works on the locals & NewsMax using the Primary Video Player setting on IPTV 5.0.799, what Firmware Version are you on ? mine is V20220923
I also have a U5 same issue.

Because the Player is embedded in the firmware I think.

Earlier you said there was a reformatting of the service.Care to provide a link where this was said?
And you think the player(s) are embedded in the app?Of course they are. :p
And it's software not firmware.

tvlarry
08-21-2023, 03:52 AM
No one actually said it, an email was sent to me from the contact us link on servers website responding that they were working on issues. Many channels went sown server to server and when they came back on the next morning, this new issue arose out of nowhere. So, this issue reflects NF** working on the streams and created this new issue, because everything was working fine on Primary Server. My boxes performed no updates. Also, Buzz technical informed me also this issue was on the Provider side.
After re-evaluation on other brands of boxes, only the Buzz units were affected leading me back to Buzz again. Everyone wants to point the fingers at the other guy, so I have to prove using data now where the issue actually is.
There were others having same issue on forums. Only solution I have heard so far is the Beta version works.

Still need that answer from Joker. thanks

tvlarry
08-21-2023, 03:54 AM
Big Mac, there is Firmware Versions on each box and software for the IPTV and Apps. Two different programs of code written for each application.

tvlarry
08-21-2023, 03:56 AM
Having similar issues using another Provider now, linking back to Buzz again. The Video Players have an issue trust me.

big mac
08-21-2023, 04:42 AM
Big Mac, there is Firmware Versions on each box and software for the IPTV and Apps. Two different programs of code written for each application.

When did you become an unintellible tech?
The only software version on the box is for the built in IPTV app.
And so far you're the only one having an issue.
25 years ago we'd call this user error.
Some of us still do.

Tha Joker
08-21-2023, 04:29 PM
I’ll check, but rinny also posted elsewhere that 236 is working with primary player

tvlarry
08-21-2023, 06:04 PM
Thanks Joker, I already asked him to clarify about 236 and others that will not work on both of my Buzz Units. Have not received response yet concerning the 5.0.799 and the issues he Also was having with NewsMax and others when setting Primary Player as default.

Now, big mac, I do not appreciate your comments, I entered these posts for help, if you do not have a solution, please stop inputting selfish beliefs that I do not know what I am saying. I know more than you think about electronics, only been in the business for 50 years, so if you do not want to help me, save your comments please, and I am asking nicely because I respect the people who work hard here in the forums.

On my XRS4900 there is Firmware to boot the system and run drivers, system settings and programming. My version is old from 2022, "V20220923" The IPTV application is version 5.0.799, however there are many on these forums using the Beta, and they do not see the issues I am having.
On my U5 there is Firmware "20230328" and same IPTV 5.0.799

Both my units came loaded with VLC, however the VLC app is not being used per NBS, and I do not understand why its loaded then.
This issue just happened a short time ago concerning many local channel streams not displaying on both units using the Primary Player. Using the Backup restores the channels but other issues like jerking and audio now affect the channels that worked using the Primary.

In my diagnosis, I tried other Dreamkink T3 units, all channels still work on their Primary Player. This is why I came to the Forums looking for some help and to see if others had the issue. They are.

Still do not have an answer as to why. Buzz is alerted but has not given any fix. Here I am, same issue both units.

Thank you all for any feedback and troubleshooting.

Tha Joker
08-21-2023, 06:12 PM
I haven’t checked today. Will check again soon. I only checked on the 4900 but will check the x5 also but I would think it will be the same result.

suport
08-21-2023, 06:36 PM
greetings to all

good news

.P.S I do not use the services offered in the forum I only do tests in my free time

tvlarry
08-21-2023, 06:57 PM
Thanks Suport

Not sure how to select "External Player" using Live TV Video Player settings. Only selections I see are Primary & Backup, no External Video Player selections available unless setting up VOD, then there are 3 selections.

Other channels not working using the Primary on both the 4900 & U5 are QVC, HSN, Las Vegas, Baltimore, and many more.
Something happened recently because these all worked last month.

thank you for getting involved

tvlarry
08-21-2023, 07:01 PM
Joker

Rinny confirmed he is using the Beta 888 not the 799

Tha Joker
08-21-2023, 07:09 PM
I am not using the beta file. Will be home soon

Tha Joker
08-21-2023, 08:00 PM
Joker

Rinny confirmed he is using the Beta 888 not the 799

V20220923- buzz 4900

What portal are you on?

suport
08-21-2023, 08:10 PM
greetings
good news

crazed 9.6
08-21-2023, 10:03 PM
reason why there are not alot of members offering channel status is because it is a security risk for our members and we do not expect anyone to openly post their personal channel status.
Just so you know :)

I know it can help with diagnosis and Joker with the correct files onboard has posted what you needed to see. So lets leave that as is without further status reports ... thnx :)

tvlarry
08-22-2023, 01:32 AM
Update: I received the 888 Beta.
Corrected the lost channels in Primary Player with one server. The other server it now blacked out all channels in Primary, but in Backup Player thos channels are fine. I know we can not talk name of Providers here, but the one that the Beta caused all channels to not load is the provider who has 7 server ip addresses. So, I am happy now. What in the world happened to that provider lineup is beyond me.

big mac
08-22-2023, 01:45 AM
Corrected the lost channels in Primary Player with one server. The other server it now blacked out all channels in Primary, but in Backup Player thos channels are fine. I know we can not talk name of Providers here, but the one that the Beta caused all channels to not load is the provider who has 7 server ip addresses. So, I am happy now. What in the world happened to that provider lineup is beyond me.

But there was no firmware update correct?

tvlarry
08-22-2023, 01:55 AM
Correct, just the IPTV 5.8.799 to the 5.8.888 Beta performed

tvlarry
08-22-2023, 02:05 AM
All Provider services now corrected. Had to adjust the Stream Format to "Auto" there is now a third selection for this setting.

big mac
08-22-2023, 02:45 AM
All Provider services now corrected. Had to adjust the Stream Format to "Auto" there is now a third selection for this setting.

Good to hear you figured it out.

crazed 9.6
08-22-2023, 09:15 AM
I know we can not talk name of Providers here, but the one that the Beta caused all channels to not load is the provider who has 7 server ip addresses.

So, I am happy now. What in the world happened to that provider lineup is beyond me.

Good to be happy :)
and that's a great third option found.

Yes we can discuss NFPS here. We even have a sub forum for it too, same as for Rocket and IPTV66
NFPS is the main source for all 3 services. It's papiao :)

NBS
08-23-2023, 03:09 PM

Nothing changed at the provider or buzz end
If there was a change there would be dozens of posts regarding the issus