PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Woman's World Cup 2023

crazed 9.6
07-26-2023, 04:23 PM
I was not gonna watch this due to they say it's woman's soccer but the Canadian team has more then just woman on their team, and that's all I will say about that.

So I did watch Canada's second match early this morning (it's being held in New Zealand).
Canada vs Ireland

Ireland scored first with a corner kick.
this kick left the foot of the Irish girl and sailed towards the crowd in front of the net. It then curled in mid air and went into the net . No one touched it except the corner kicker !

Frigging WoW !

Canada went on to win 2-1

4me2c
07-26-2023, 06:04 PM
Good for Them, I Hope They get to Kick the USA Team Also...!!!

crazed 9.6
07-31-2023, 05:07 PM
Canada played Australia early this morning (my time). I missed it but the replay is playing now.
Canada went down one goal early and then another. Luckily for us the second one was offside and did not count, BUT Australia then got another one not long later, which makes it 2-0 at the 40 minute mark.

This could be the end for Canada.
Canada seems to be playing well enough, but are not getting any chances at the net as Australia has been.

BTW , Canada's 'diversive' player is not doing any good out there and should be replaced. But I doubt that will happen.

Australia has a winning team indeed. They have not failed to score a goal in their last 29 World Cup appearances :eek:

Okay get a load of this. It was halftime just now and Canada changed 4 or 5 players, but left Quinn on the field. Perhaps the worst player out there stays out there.
Just frigging nuts !

*final score 4-0 for Australia

dara
08-01-2023, 01:07 PM
US Women's National Team survive the group stage, I woke up in the middle of the night to see the end, 0-0 draw with Portugal, so they get to play vs. Sweden in the Group of 16. Very concerning, they have been playing pretty flat of late. 1st time they won less than 2 games in the Group.

crazed 9.6
08-02-2023, 12:08 PM
saw a bit of the US game yesterday. I did not know it ended at 0-0 thou and to advance as that and here comes Sweden :eek:
Sweden has now won all their matches so far.

We have a high scoring game with Panama and France this morning. We are in extra minutes with France ahead 6-3
And that's how it ended with France advancing.

Jamaica ended their match with Brazil in a draw as well, so they will advance.

And South Africa has defeated Italy to advance.
First time ever a South Africa team advances.

dara
08-03-2023, 08:12 PM
I saw that Germany and Brazil bounced, as well as Canada. I think England might have the inside track to win it all. USWNT might be one and done in the knockout round, but who will be able to watch that? Scheduling assumed that the US would win their group, so they scheduled that game for a decent time.

4me2c
08-03-2023, 08:25 PM
Round of 16

Saturday, Aug. 5
Switzerland vs. Spain, 1 a.m. on FS1
Japan vs. Norway, 4 a.m. on FS1
Netherlands vs. South Africa, 10 p.m. on Fox

Sunday, Aug. 6
Sweden vs. USWNT, 5 a.m. on Fox

Monday, Aug. 7
England vs. Nigeria, 3:30 a.m. on FS1
Australia vs. Denmark, 6:30 a.m. on FS1

Tuesday, Aug. 8
Colombia vs. Jamaica, 4 a.m. on FS1
France vs. Morocco, 7 a.m. on FS1

4me2c
08-07-2023, 12:54 PM
"Sweden won the penalty shootout, 5-4, by about as slim a margin as any in the game’s history, in the first Women’s World Cup shootout ever to require a seventh round."...!!! :D

dara
08-09-2023, 03:35 PM
"Sweden won the penalty shootout, 5-4, by about as slim a margin as any in the game’s history, in the first Women’s World Cup shootout ever to require a seventh round."...!!! :D

More like Rapinoe choked, then smiled afterward.

crazed 9.6
08-09-2023, 05:24 PM
More like Rapinoe choked, then smiled afterward.

this is exactly what I saw too.
Her arrogance is noticed, especially with all things considered.

In that Playoff round, the kicker has 100% probability to score the goal, or so I been taught :rolleyes:
I played the game in league play from ages 8 to 15.
Not alot of scoring chances at that level, but when we had a shot on net, we didn't miss :)

Canada now is showing TV commercials depicting how great the Canadian Team is, lol they are a joke really.

That last game when the opposing team would get across the center line the broadcaster would say, "looks like a scoring chance"
LOL, how often is that true in this game of soccer?

The final score had Canada loosing @ 4-0 but it should have been 6-0 or worse.