PDA

View Full Version : 4500 just setup first time/ no VOD or TV Series

tvlarry
05-18-2022, 12:54 AM
Live Tv works fine indicating server set up correctly

Can not play any VOD or TV Series, only thing I get after selecting Play of the movie is a round white circle going round and round, no video playing. I tried changing video player options from Default to Secondary, same issue.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Benfica1
05-18-2022, 01:10 AM
Maybe its the service u using my friend….

tvlarry
05-19-2022, 02:18 PM
Not the service or Server VOD works on Dreamlink T3

big mac
05-19-2022, 05:04 PM

Can not play any VOD or TV Series, only thing I get after selecting Play of the movie is a round white circle going round and round, no video playing. I tried changing video player options from Default to Secondary, same issue.

Try external player.

tvlarry
05-21-2022, 01:40 AM
Found on youtube a video showing yo have to wait 7 days to upgrade firmware to Beta Version 5.
Also my BT remote all of a sudden stopped learning and stopped turning on box, after unpairing and repairing same issue.
I boxed up the unit and shipping back. This time I will try the new model 4900.
So far I am not impressed with Buzz, my Dreamlink T3 works fine in all modes.

crazed 9.6
05-21-2022, 08:00 AM
I had tested with the 4500 model for some time. I do not recall the VODs or Series not working. I would have noticed :)
Not sure of which configuration I had working but pretty sure mostly everything worked, at least what i tested with.
I no longer have the model as it went to a member here on site so I myself can not check it.
It could be changes to the service but that seems unlikely, and even at that an External Player should have and would have worked as suggested.

Them T3 devices are fine units tvlarry, but they can also come with issues, as personally seen.
Please do not talk or mention any comparison between the devices, as it most always bias and is mostly always posted in the wrong forum.

I will check the 4900 for the Player configurations, as i do still have one of those. I will post up results asap.
I have tested the 4900 too already and the results were fine as expected. Not sure what they were thou so will have to go thru the steps again :eek:

I had did a test with the X5 model and have since posted that info and with good results there.

Marley
05-21-2022, 05:26 PM
no problem with vods with 4500 at all kids watch that box they run it with mac address but for me i never use that i run kodi why i do that is for dolby atmos

NBS
05-21-2022, 09:10 PM
No issues with 4500 or 4900 on vod.
Make sure battery level is good for pairing

dragonKILLER
05-21-2022, 09:49 PM

Send me a PM with your public IP address. Use the following website to get it:

https://www.whatismyip.com/

tvlarry
06-02-2022, 07:38 PM
Thank you All

I have since returned the Buzz and bought the Formula Z10 Pro Max
Using MyTv2 version 10.10.31-5495

DNS 8.8.8.8/ not the issue
Speed off the chart on Fiber/not the issue
Setup the box in one state with & without mac address assignment/with & without vpn/ tried everything, but still VOD & TV Series Playback issues, described below. Keep in mind I have several Dreamlink T3 units that work perfect at the same location, no issues with VOD or TV-Series.

Here we go. IPTV login and watching channels work. When selecting VOD, the list populates for first time, select a movie, select "Watch",
screen goes to function play-pause-ff-rew bar, lower left of the bar should show the time left to play before the movie starts, but is stuck on 00:00:00, the box never reads the header data from the server, then goes to Error Message "Can't Play this Video Please try again later"with a spinning circle. Same issue with TV-Series loading. Then try later in the day, it works! VOD & TV-Series. When it works, if you stop the movie, and select another to test, it works, stop again and try another, then repeats the Error situation.
Took the box to another state, different IP provider, performed online IPTV reset, TV channels work, same issue with the VOD & TV-Series.
Hence- its not a IP Provider,DNS,IP,VPN Issue. It's either the version of the MYTV2, or the version of the built in Video Player, or, the IPTV Server. All my Dreamlink T3's in each state work, they DO NOT have a VOD issue and all settings are the same.

The BuzzTV4900 and now the Formula Z10 ProMax show this condition. I am at a loss.

crazed 9.6
06-02-2022, 09:51 PM
The BuzzTV4900 and now the Formula Z10 ProMax show this condition. I am at a loss.

I thought you had the 4500 model tvlarry?
The 4500 and the 4900 both working with VODs, as are all androids. And you did mention you tried other ISP so this is a mystery seems to be.

Did you send dragonkiller or the admin from zetta site a private message with the info he asked for ?

tvlarry
06-12-2022, 11:34 PM
update: I now purchased the XRS4900 a wonderful box, Live TV setup works perfect, but again no VOD or TV-Series. Brand new in box, default Player setting, the VOD movie list populates, highlight one, press play, spinning circle again in middle of screen. Never plays. Then the Buzz5 app locks up and has to be closed. Same issue with TV Series. My Dreamlink T3 works perfect with the same movie selection from VOD list.
I sent the info as requested. How can

tvlarry
06-12-2022, 11:36 PM
How can my T3s work on another p7 server for VOD and no Buzzbox here can ?

crazed 9.6
06-12-2022, 11:40 PM
How can my T3s work on another p7 server for VOD and no Buzzbox here can ?

that is the mystery, isn't it :eek:

The 4900 and all the BuzzTV devices here work fine with LiveTV, TV Series and VODs , thru p7 or any other portal.

I think either Player should work with VODs ( I was wrong, while only Default Player works).
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?45914-BuzzTV-XRS4900-Players

tvlarry
06-12-2022, 11:59 PM
This message is on the link you sent:
"While the Secondary Player will not work with papiao TV Series or VODs thru the XC API Login method"
and
"While the Secondary Player will not work with papiao TV Series or VODs thru the M3U method"
So, there must be some kind of issue where no Secondary Video Player will work when using papiao.
Default is what we are all stuck with according to that thread. Mine is not working, I am now curious to

tvlarry
06-13-2022, 12:00 AM
to see who else using papiao on BuzzTV 5 that has VOD issues

crazed 9.6
06-13-2022, 01:27 AM
This message is on the link you sent:
"While the Secondary Player will not work with papiao TV Series or VODs thru the XC API Login method"
and
"While the Secondary Player will not work with papiao TV Series or VODs thru the M3U method"
So, there must be some kind of issue where no Secondary Video Player will work when using papiao.
Default is what we are all stuck with according to that thread. Mine is not working, I am now curious to

The Default Player does work thou, I test this myself using multiple BuzzTV devices with both Buzz4 and Buzz5 apps, and with the p7 thru to the p1 URLs.. all tested. (BuzzTV XR4000, XRS4500, XRS4900 and the BuzzTV X5)

These Default and secondary Players are preinstalled on the Buzz devices as you know.
I believe the Default Player is a version of the VLC Player.

You can also install a Player of your own and try that as an External Player.
Look in the AppStore for the MX Player and try that for results (or other Players).

tvlarry
06-13-2022, 03:14 AM
MX-Player-TV App. will play videos linked within that app, when you select choose External Players in VOD settings and you use the MX, error message comes up that the .mp4 video can not play when using VOD or TV-Series p7 Server.
Tried other players with no results. Leaving the setting to External video player will give a different result when selecting the default internal player after pressing Play with an option to select the VLC external or default player. After selecting the default in this mode you actually get a time bar at the bottom of the screen stuck at 00:00 bottom left & right of screen with a turquoise circle center of screen spinning saying "Loading Video" then times out with error message saying "Can't play this video".
In your 4900 see if you can select External Video Player, and see what kind of response there is. This has got to be a setting. There are many advanced settings under system Auto-Frame-Rate that may have an issue here. Is there a link to see what the default settings are for these boxes ? thanks

crazed 9.6
06-13-2022, 03:33 AM
MX-Player-TV App. will play videos linked within that app, when you select choose External Players in VOD settings and you use the MX, error message comes up that the .mp4 video can not play when using VOD or TV-Series p7 Server.
Tried other players with no results. Leaving the setting to External video player will give a different result when selecting the default internal player after pressing Play with an option to select the VLC external or default player. After selecting the default in this mode you actually get a time bar at the bottom of the screen stuck at 00:00 bottom left & right of screen with a turquoise circle center of screen spinning saying "Loading Video" then times out with error message saying "Can't play this video".
In your 4900 see if you can select External Video Player, and see what kind of response there is. This has got to be a setting. There are many advanced settings under system Auto-Frame-Rate that may have an issue here. Is there a link to see what the default settings are for these boxes ? thanks

Did I tell yea that I am drinking Irish Cream on the Rocks tonight ?

tvlarry
06-13-2022, 03:41 AM
I saw on the error message from VLC Player that the stream on the p7 server is coming from Port 80 on an IP address, and I did check to see if that port was open and it was, so my hardware is open and the Buzz unit can not play the video from the

http://31.220.40.132:80/movie/myusername/mypassword/28055.mp4
Now I need to verify somehow that the VLC App settings are correct ?

tvlarry
06-13-2022, 03:41 AM
Sounds great, I might do the same !

crazed 9.6
06-13-2022, 11:23 PM
I have tried a few Players but this is thru the BuzzTV X5 with the Buzz5 app.
I will try the same on the 4900 asap, but results will probably be the same.

Installed and tried the MX Pro Player version:1.9.17 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.
Installed and tried the VLC version: 3.4.4 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.

I looked for the other Players in the AppStore but did not see many other popular ones.

I also installed an IPTV app with it's onboard Player (I do not know which Player it uses thou).
The channel list appeared and LiveTV worked, but VODs did not.

The onboard Default Player does still open and play VODs thou.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 12:02 AM
thanks for the update. So I checked several things, the versions of the built in Video Media Players from Buzz.
Both are version 2.211012
Default Player is com.buzz.launcher2 / 1.9mb file size
Secondary is buzztv.mediaplayer2.launcher / 2.27mb file size

the Default player on my end results in a spinning white circle that locks up the app when you try to exit or stop it
the Secondary player gives an error message when pressing Play "Media Format is not Supported"

Check your 2 media players under settings, see all apps and see if they are the same version and size, I am curious now why your works.
Also try the secondary Player to see if the same error message comes back.

fyi, the VLC external player was already installed on this new unit, and its version is 3.3.4

crazed 9.6
06-14-2022, 12:11 AM
thanks for the update. So I checked several things, the versions of the built in Video Media Players from Buzz.
Both are version 2.211012
Default Player is com.buzz.launcher2 / 1.9mb file size
Secondary is buzztv.mediaplayer2.launcher / 2.27mb file size

the Default player on my end results in a spinning white circle that locks up the app when you try to exit or stop it
the Secondary player gives an error message when pressing Play "Media Format is not Supported"

Check your 2 media players under settings, see all apps and see if they are the same version and size, I am curious now why your works.
Also try the secondary Player to see if the same error message comes back.

fyi, the VLC external player was already installed on this new unit, and its version is 3.3.4

sAME ERROR WITH sECONDARY PLAYER, YES.

Just a fast question thou. How long do you wait for that loading circle before you try exiting ?
I have noticed the last few week ago that the VODs do take longer then normal to load, seems like too long but eventually that loading cycle ends and the VOD selection loads.

Let it load for a few minutes if you have not yet.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 03:04 AM
I have waited 15 min max, there is a problem because pressing Back or Home should not lock up the App to get a "BuzzTV has stopped responding"

Were you able to see the version number and file size ?

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 03:10 AM
I am leaning in the direction of a Security issue with the Server when it is communicated from BuzzTV5 firmware, it is possible the Server is not seeing the correct credentials to start the movie. I am basing this on the fact that my Dreamlinks have a different application MyTV2 that communicates with the server and there is no issues with VOD or TV Series links. I will bet you other people have this issue with BuzzTV5 but have not verified it or not tried VOD. I went through 4 Buzz models, all having the same issue.
Are you using an ISP in the states ?

crazed 9.6
06-14-2022, 04:01 AM
I am leaning in the direction of a Security issue with the Server when it is communicated from BuzzTV5 firmware, it is possible the Server is not seeing the correct credentials to start the movie. I am basing this on the fact that my Dreamlinks have a different application MyTV2 that communicates with the server and there is no issues with VOD or TV Series links. I will bet you other people have this issue with BuzzTV5 but have not verified it or not tried VOD. I went through 4 Buzz models, all having the same issue.
Are you using an ISP in the states ?

I am in Canada.

There are not any other reports with this same issue thou. Sure there could be some that just have not checked or are not even on this site, but there are literally 100s of people on this site that run these BuzzTV devices with no reports of VODs not working at all. There were issues with PPV channels not working some time ago when these 4000 series boxes were first tested but I do not think there were ever a problem with VODs (reported).

and yes, this User Installed VLC is version: 3.3.4

I also have the same two apps ...

- com.buzz.launcher2 / 1.9mb file size ... my file size seems to be different thou, I see in the apps menu, it shows as 11.47 MB
- buzztv.mediaplayer2.launcher / 2.27mb file size ... my file size seems to be different thou, I see in the apps menu, it shows as 16.16 MB

I do not know if I am reading the actual file sizes thou. I see they are getting the number from it's used internal shared storage size

This is still the BuzzTV X5 device with the buzz5 app

crazed 9.6
06-14-2022, 04:23 AM
I have just noticed something. Those apps , the media player launcher and media player 2 launcher are not the Player apps (VLC or other)... Those apps are the home screens , there are 4 of them in total to choose from and sometimes are referred to as a 'Launcher screen' ... cause that is where you launch things from , I guess :)

I do not see the Default and Secondary Player apps listed anywhere.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 12:56 PM
go to home screen, main Settings, scroll down to bottom of screen select 'See all Apps"

Scroll down list to see the 2 PLayer Programs

Buzz TV Media Player
Buzz TV Media Player2

select each one to get the version numbers

NBS
06-14-2022, 03:16 PM
go to home screen, main Settings, scroll down to bottom of screen select 'See all Apps"

Scroll down list to see the 2 PLayer Programs

Buzz TV Media Player
Buzz TV Media Player2

select each one to get the version numbers

Those are not players

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 03:29 PM
They seem to be applications put there by Buzz, so what are they then ?

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 03:33 PM
There are 2 Players, default & secondary media players in play plus a third external VLC on a new box from Buzz. Show me where in the Applications the main 2 video players are. thank you very much.

big mac
06-14-2022, 03:43 PM
There are 2 Players, default & secondary media players in play plus a third external VLC on a new box from Buzz. Show me where in the Applications the main 2 video players are. thank you very much.

They're in the Buzz app.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 03:50 PM
thanks big mac, so they are embedded in the firmware and are not able to access then. Would you know what I am looking at then ? What are these 2 programs ?

NBS
06-14-2022, 04:14 PM
thanks big mac, so they are embedded in the firmware and are not able to access then. Would you know what I am looking at then ? What are these 2 programs ?

UI's......

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 04:29 PM
User Interface's , I'm confused why they would call these applications Media Player, and Media Player 2 with the option to clear cache or clear data with each application.

thanks NBS for your feedback, where should I be looking at this point, I have a new XRS4900 that is working with a sub for Live TV, the VOD & TV-Series will not play for some reason.
I have ruled out the ISP, and the only Buzz model I had that would play VOD a few times was the 4500. All my DreamlinkT3's using MyTV2 app work perfect on same server, same DNS settings.

The Buzz5 app actually locks up when you try to exit from the spinning circle and you have to exit to main screen and close the Buzz App to start over.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

big mac
06-14-2022, 04:33 PM
User Interface's , I'm confused why they would call these applications Media Player, and Media Player 2 with the option to clear cache or clear data with each application.

thanks NBS for your feedback, where should I be looking at this point, I have a new XRS4900 that is working with a sub for Live TV, the VOD & TV-Series will not play for some reason.
I have ruled out the ISP, and the only Buzz model I had that would play VOD a few times was the 4500. All my DreamlinkT3's using MyTV2 app work perfect on same server, same DNS settings.

The Buzz5 app actually locks up when you try to exit from the spinning circle and you have to exit to main screen and close the Buzz App to start over.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What IPTV version do you have?

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 04:39 PM
Version 5.0.626

big mac
06-14-2022, 04:49 PM
Version 5.0.626

You're about 100 versions behind.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 04:51 PM
100 versions? on a brand new model box that was Updated when I received it? interesting
So, how do I override the internal software thats says I'm up to date ?

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 04:56 PM
Firmware Version V20211115
IPTV 5.0.626
Model XRS4900

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 05:09 PM
Crazed 9.6, can you look at your 4900 and see what IPTV Version your box has updated to ?

much thanks

big mac
06-14-2022, 05:14 PM
When you're on Update screen after checking for update enter 2015.
If it says no beta update available email buzztv your mac and current version.

big mac
06-14-2022, 05:19 PM
Firmware Version V20211115
IPTV 5.0.626
Model XRS4900

Mine is at V20220106 and 5.0.725.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 05:22 PM
Big Mac what model unit is this on ?

big mac
06-14-2022, 05:30 PM
Big Mac what model unit is this on ?

That's my 4900.I'm pretty sure my 4500 is the same.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 05:36 PM
So the Beta Version can not be installed, not available on the XRS4900 it says, so at this point I need to contact Buzz again with the info & mac as you stated.

My question is, I can not be the only person purchasing multiple models of Buzz, perform the update on first time setup, and having VOD issues because the Beta Version was not installed ?

ok, I will shoot the info out, and wait for a response. thanks all, will update at later date

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 05:41 PM
I just found the manual update on Buzz Downloads XRS4900-update-V20220106 V20220106

so I will try this

Tha Joker
06-14-2022, 05:50 PM
I’m still using the last public release with no problems with VOD. The X5 is a couple weeks old and no issues with VOD out the box

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 06:35 PM
Ok so I updated the firmware manually went from
system V2021115
iptv version 5.0.626
to this beta update from Buzz
sys 20220106
iptv 5.0.653 / there is no 5.0.725 within the patch to update that big mac has

Mac address ID assigned to server
Live TV good
VOD same issue/ same lock up issue when backing out of the spinning circle, error message "Buzz TV 5 isnt responding" close app
Set VOD to use External Player VLC, that one comes back "can not play the http://31.220.40:80/movie/etc etc can not play"
I have the same issue, and Joker is right, this has nothing to do with the versions, its a Player communication issue?
And, I lost the setting for Stream setting now with the update.

big mac
06-14-2022, 06:53 PM
Ok so I updated the firmware manually went from
system V2021115
iptv version 5.0.626
to this beta update from Buzz
sys 20220106
iptv 5.0.653 / there is no 5.0.725 within the patch to update that big mac has

Mac address ID assigned to server
Live TV good
VOD same issue/ same lock up issue when backing out of the spinning circle, error message "Buzz TV 5 isnt responding" close app
Set VOD to use External Player VLC, that one comes back "can not play the http://31.220.40:80/movie/etc etc can not play"
I have the same issue, and Joker is right, this has nothing to do with the versions, its a Player communication issue?
And, I lost the setting for Stream setting now with the update.

What stream setting did you lose?

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 07:59 PM
update:

every time I try to access one particular movie, I can see the ip address of that movie lower on screen when trying the external VLC PLayer which is 31.220.40:132:80 for a second then goes to error message can not play.

then right after that in the router log a DOS attack shows up from 31.220.41.116:80

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 08:03 PM
TS & M3U8 settings lost on the update

crazed 9.6
06-14-2022, 08:07 PM
update:

every time I try to access one particular movie, I can see the ip address of that movie lower on screen when trying the external VLC PLayer which is 31.220.40:132:80 for a second then goes to error message can not play.

then right after that in the router log a DOS attack shows up from 31.220.41.116:80

looks to me like your router/ISP is selectively blocking IPs
You may need to stop that from happening.

Some ISPs will take it upon them selves to block IPs without user permissions

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Crazed 9.6 / I am in the US so Canada ISPs may have different security levels. I did verify in 2 states here the 4500 box had same issue using different ISP providers, I have not yet with the new 4900 box. I will next week try it in another state using a different ISP provider. I did try using VPN on this 4900 and VOD would not play either and my router log showed a stream of DOS Attacks immediately after pressing Play.

tvlarry
06-14-2022, 08:19 PM
All this and keep in mind I have 3 other DreamLink T3s using same router, different servers, no VOD issues.

crazed 9.6
06-14-2022, 11:04 PM
I have tried a few Players but this is thru the BuzzTV X5 with the Buzz5 app.
I will try the same on the 4900 asap, but results will probably be the same.

Installed and tried the MX Pro Player version:1.9.17 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.
Installed and tried the VLC version: 3.4.4 as External Player and it did not open the VODs.

I looked for the other Players in the AppStore but did not see many other popular ones.

I also installed an IPTV app with it's onboard Player (I do not know which Player it uses thou).
The channel list appeared and LiveTV worked, but VODs did not.

The onboard Default Player does still open and play VODs thou.

correction on the quoted post above.
The User Installed VLC Player does open and play the VODs. It does take up to a minute to see them open thou.

I found the BSPlayer v3.13 Build 234 and is found in the AppStore, also opens and plays the VODs as an External Player.
And same as the ProgTV app opens and plays the VODs as well, when simply using as an External Player.
That MX Pro Player still does not open or play the VODs thou.

Don't know what to say about your issues tvlarry, seems strange you are getting same issue with multiple devices (buzz devices) and at multiple locations with multiple ISPs and seems That DOS attack message is something only you are seeing, no one else is seeing this. The BuzzTV devices (all of them) are connecting to VODs fine, there is a lag in connection time with each selection, but other then that it's fine.

It is not an issue with the devices firmware, seeing the issue on two different devices tells us that and with how no one else seeing the issue, nor with old or new or beta firmware included and so I can not possibly see how this is related to buzz firmware or iptv firmware or even the papiao service.

tvlarry
06-15-2022, 12:30 AM
Someone from Buzz has contacted me and informed the following:

There are a ton of fixes since this version
Including issues like yours

If you PM me your MAC, I can send you the latest update to try

Also let me know the Ticket # you have
So I can check on that ticket status

this was very nice to hear from a Buzz tech team member to help me, lets see what happens Crazed

crazed 9.6
06-15-2022, 12:39 AM
Someone from Buzz has contacted me and informed the following:

There are a ton of fixes since this version
Including issues like yours

If you PM me your MAC, I can send you the latest update to try

Also let me know the Ticket # you have
So I can check on that ticket status

this was very nice to hear from a Buzz tech team member to help me, lets see what happens Crazed

cool .... :)

NBS
06-15-2022, 02:37 PM
You were told to pm him before he posted that message

crazed 9.6
06-16-2022, 01:26 AM
I may be on to something here. But I am just on my way out the door to my work.
I will continue testing once I arrive back home:)

It has to do with the nasatv channel.... have you been watching that channel recently tvlarry ?

Until further notice I would suggest to everyone, do not open that channel.

tvlarry
06-16-2022, 12:55 PM
NBS, what are you saying ? I did not have time to PM him because he contacted me first on the STB Talk site. Please do not inject comments before you know what is going on. This is the third time now you posted on this forum negative comments to me. You are not helping this situation.

tvlarry
06-16-2022, 12:58 PM
Crazed, no I have not been watching. And thank you for all your kind support and suggestions. I can remember one time on the 4500 box I was testing that the system rebooted after looking at that channel for a second though.

crazed 9.6
06-16-2022, 10:04 PM
That channel is crashing the iptv app on formuler devices
And last night when I tuned into that channel with the Buzztv X5, it did work but then no VODs or TV Series would work till hours later. I do not know if that was a coincidence with maybe a server issue but the TV series were fine minutes before I checked that nasa channel, then nothing after and then after approx 6 hours I checked again and the TV Series and vods were back and working fine.... but later tonight (after work again) I will tune into that channel again and see what my results are.
So I will fully test this tonight with a few devices and see.

NBS is trying to get to the bottom of all this too, its frustrating to us too :eek:

tvlarry
06-17-2022, 01:14 AM
Thank you All ! Sorry about the comment NBS

Larry

crazed 9.6
06-17-2022, 07:07 AM
so I tried that nasa-tv channel with the 4900 and then checked the TV Series and nothing changed, the Series selections opened and played.
So that theory is out the window :eek:

But that channel is 'funky' regardless :eek: