PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering About My Review

jjjackson
01-07-2022, 04:02 PM
I posted on the Minix board that I have almost 7000 views on my review of the U22-XJ, so we were wondering if anyone bought a U22-XJ because of my review?

BTW, I'm still using it and still am most satisfied with my purchase.

No, I'm not a shill for Minix, :)

BTW, I just bought an Apple Watch, but I don't expect anyone to buy one, because of me :rolleyes:;)

nob0dy
01-07-2022, 06:59 PM
25% of the global reviews are all saying no support and or updates on amazon ..... i read your review and its reviews ..... today actually .

if it work's for you then it's all that matters and no i didn't see when you posted it last year ..

any sound or picture problems ?

jjjackson
01-07-2022, 10:24 PM
25% of the global reviews are all saying no support and or updates on amazon ..... i read your review and its reviews ..... today actually .

if it work's for you then it's all that matters and no i didn't see when you posted it last year ..

any sound or picture problems ?

No Problems at all.

I don't know about global reviews, but the Minix support board is very good. They've had several software updates. One just came out a week or two ago.

nob0dy
01-08-2022, 03:41 AM
No Problems at all.

I don't know about global reviews, but the Minix support board is very good. They've had several software updates. One just came out a week or two ago.

I read them on amazon , they all said no support and or updates , and picture problems and sound or at least 25% of them .

if it works for you , has no problems . then who cares i suppose .. right ? ;D ;D

nob0dy
01-08-2022, 03:43 AM
https://www.amazon.com/MINIX-Android-Media-Ultra-U22-XJ/dp/B085TH6Y22/ref=psdc_13447451_t2_B08NJTRGYT

jjjackson
01-08-2022, 04:20 PM
https://www.amazon.com/MINIX-Android-Media-Ultra-U22-XJ/dp/B085TH6Y22/ref=psdc_13447451_t2_B08NJTRGYT

I dont know about that unit, it's not a U22-XJ, but an older box.

I can only speak to my STB and the only thing I don't like about it is the launcher screen, so I changed it to the Ugoos launcher.

Feel free to check out my few posts on the Minix board and do some homework yourself.

Since you seem so set against the STB, without actually having one, I suggest you buy one and give your own review.

Again, I stand 100% behind my review!

big mac
01-09-2022, 03:43 AM
I dont know about that unit, it's not a U22-XJ, but an older box.

I can only speak to my STB and the only thing I don't like about it is the launcher screen, so I changed it to the Ugoos launcher.

Feel free to check out my few posts on the Minix board and do some homework yourself.

Since you seem so set against the STB, without actually having one, I suggest you buy one and give your own review.

Again, I stand 100% behind my review!

You better look again.Even in the video it shows it's a U22-XJ.
And for that price and specs I would rather get buzzed.

jjjackson
01-09-2022, 04:45 AM
I did look again and you are correct, it is a U22-XJ and I still like my STB.

I still recommend the STB!

PS: Any chance you read the good reviews? :)

realdeal
01-14-2022, 01:15 PM
Since you seem so set against the STB, without actually having one Where did he say he was against it, maybe read the thread again.

Marley
01-20-2022, 06:35 AM
Good for you if you like it then that's great me i tell you try the boxes we review. Maybe you find out what we talk about here and none of us get paid to do that .You been here for yrs ?

jjjackson
01-20-2022, 07:33 PM
Good for you if you like it then that's great me i tell you try the boxes we review. Maybe you find out what we talk about here and none of us get paid to do that .You been here for yrs ?

I'm sure there are many good STBs, I'm just talking about my experience with my STB and feeling comfortable enough to suggest others take the time to check it out.

Like you, I dont get paid. Although if they want to send me another STB to test, I wouldn't turn it down. :)

PS: My experience with my first Android STB, a Zidoo H6 Pro, previously posted about, was a nightmare. The STB was well reviewed and is physically an excellent piece of hardware. The problem is that the company couldn't program its way out of a parking lot. Great box, but the firmware is a nightmare.

My personal goal was to pass on my thoughts and experiences with a, IMHO, really good piece of hardware and software for our forum members consideration.

Deadwood
02-03-2022, 09:16 PM
Right now, I'm using a Beelink Zoomtrack android box running Android 9.0 as well as a Pendoo X6 Pro Android box. Both loaded with the STB Emulator Pro app and no real complaints with either box although I got rid of the remote controls which came with both boxes and use a USB G20 Pro remote control with both boxes as it allows me to change channels via numbered keyboard when in full picture on screen. I'm waiting to update my Samsung View tablet with the latest Samsung S8 Ultra Tablet which is not available to buy at this time. I don't really have any nightmares except when my ex wife shows up in one of them. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences as its much appreciated.