PDA

View Full Version : Schwarzenegger GPS Directions Available in an APP

Kimbo
06-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Users of the social navigation app Waze can now get turn-by-turn directions from the Terminator. This week, the Google-owned company announced that Arnold Schwarzenegger has lent his voice to its app as part of a promotional campaign for the upcoming film Terminator: Genisys, which opens in theaters on July 1st. With the new feature, users can navigate their journeys to the dulcet tones of Schwarzenegger's voice commands, which range from the mundane ("turn right") to the catchphrase-y ("Hasta la vista, baby"). Waze will also display movie theaters showing Terminator: Genisys, marking their location with a red-eyed Endoskull.

"From the first time I used Waze, I have wanted to lend my voice to it. The Terminator is the perfect machine to guide Wazers to their destinations,” Schwarzenegger said in a statement. “Every single day on social media fans ask me to record my movie lines, so now I get to bring this classic role and my charming Austrian accent into their cars."

This isn't the first time that Waze has used celebrity voices for promotional purposes. Comedian Kevin Hart lent his voice to the app in 2013, as did Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Terry Crews last year. Other GPS companies have launched similar features in the past, with directions from the likes of Darth Vader, Homer Simpson, and Bert and Ernie. As USA Today reports, Waze's Schwarzenegger voice pack will be available through mid-July.

FCSI
06-20-2015, 06:20 PM
I just down load it on my phone thanks great App to use !!!!

Kimbo
06-20-2015, 06:23 PM
I'm doing it has we speak, I will try to get directions to Sara Connor!!

Mikezmilano1
07-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Awesome! Wonder if he can tell me how to .." Get to da choppa" lol

jjjackson
07-29-2015, 04:02 AM
lent his voice, really lent? How wonder how much LENT costs?