PDA

View Full Version : KFC customer 'finds fried rat' in meal

4wheelin
06-17-2015, 07:19 PM
When most of us share a photo of our dinner on Facebook, it’s usually to show off how delicious it looks – not because it resembles mistakenly deep-fried vermin.

But that’s exactly why a photo taken by a KFC customer in California has gone viral, after he claimed he found a rat in his meal at the fast-food restaurant.

Former Child Development and Education student Devorise Dixon shared an image online of what appeared to be a rodent, complete with a long tail, rotund belly, and pointy face.

Dixon warned his Facebook friends not to eat at KFC, and claimed that the manager had apologised and said it was a rat.

“It’s time for a lawyer,” he wrote, adding: “Be safe don’t eat fast food!!!”

Describing the moment he began eating what he believes was a rat, he wrote on Facebook: “As I bit into it I noticed that it was very hard and rubbery which made me look at it.

“As I looked down at it I noticed that it was was in a shape of a rat with a tail,” he said.

Dixon also shared a video of the 'rat' in an attempt to prove the original photo wasn't tampered with.

However, KFC are sceptical and said in a statement on social media that Dixon has not responded to their attempts to contact him.
The fast food giant said in a statement seen by Yahoo News: “KFC has made various attempts to contact this customer, but he is refusing to talk to us directly or through an attorney.

"Our chicken tenders often vary in size and shape, and we currently have no evidence to support this allegation. We have extended the opportunity to have an independent lab evaluate the product at our own expense, but the customer refuses to provide the product in question."

KFC bosses told the Mirror that an investigation found no evidence to support this claim, however they did not confirm what the food was made of.

Marley
06-17-2015, 07:26 PM
just like that one movie rat burgers yum

Ipguy
06-17-2015, 07:37 PM
That's totally mess up

wickedjoker
06-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Yeah i saw that the other day on FB cracks me up! Just eat it there's starving people around the world that would love a deep fat fried rat!

Kimbo
06-17-2015, 08:27 PM
I like Popeyes better :p anyways, their rats are cajun!!

jjjackson
06-17-2015, 09:32 PM
In some states that's legally considered a chicken.

Kimbo
06-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Just saw the picture, It looks like original Recipe or maybe crispy?

4wheelin
06-17-2015, 11:24 PM
they forgot to chop tail off or we would have never heard anything ..lol -yes popeyes is much better.

Bkman2020
06-17-2015, 11:29 PM
Photo shopped?

Bkman2020
06-17-2015, 11:31 PM
1st of all kfc doesnt use that wrapper second of all since when KFC sold GNC drinks?

doozer
06-18-2015, 11:59 AM
This is a good thing showing this picture - its now 100% put me off KFC for a while!!!

Bkman2020
06-18-2015, 12:33 PM
This is a good thing showing this picture - its now 100% put me off KFC for a while!!!

They should slice it in the middle to see if there is a real rat in there .

Kimbo
06-23-2015, 05:17 PM
UPDATE:

Dixon’s Facebook post that claimed he bit into a battered rat served to him at KFC turned into a PR nightmare for KFC’s social media managers. Thousands of customers barraged its Facebook account questioning the company.

Dixon had originally not responded to KFC’s call to send the product to them for testing asserting that he was getting a lawyer, but on Friday his newly-hired lawyer gave the “rat” to an independent lab. The DNA test confirmed it was indeed a piece of chicken. Hallelujah! But, I’m still skipping the KFC.
There’s a high probability that like me, you don’t feel very well after consuming MSG, whether it gives you migraine headaches, sweats, hyperactivity, or flushes. So inhumane, factory-farmed, GMO-fed chicken meat aside, its chock full of an addictive ingredient that causes scientifically documented side-effects in many people. And lo and behold it happens to be the 2nd ingredient in original recipe chicken, amongst many other choices on their menu.

dara
06-23-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm glad that MSG doesn't affect me!

Bkman2020
06-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Kfc will own this guy for rest of his life.

wickedjoker
06-23-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm glad we can put this chicken to rest! Cluck Cluck

Kimbo
06-23-2015, 08:55 PM
thats a good one!!
I'm glad we can put this chicken to rest! Cluck Cluck

Marley
06-23-2015, 09:28 PM
lol i go to popeye to eat chicked yum

dale-63
06-24-2015, 05:12 PM
I think it is wrong that any body can go on social media and do things like this with out Prof my ex wife use to get on face book and say I beat her up I have never hit a women in my life to this day I still have people call me a wife beater

Kimbo
06-24-2015, 05:46 PM
sorry to hear that Dale, the internet is an open forum and when you provide such freedom it attracts perverts, bullies, scammers and people with very low morals. We see it here everyday with Spammers. I'm a believer that everything bad that we do to other people will come back to you twice fold!!!