PDA

View Full Version : Genesis issues?

mashnella
06-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Hello, having some issues with kodi and genesis. over the last couple of days when i go to watch one of my favorite shows. I bring up the show, hit enter the box says its working then nothing happens.? it was working fine prior to this. any help would be greatly appreciated :o.

Mr Hanky
06-16-2015, 01:07 PM
They come and go,im sure with a search you can find it else where

psycon
06-16-2015, 01:44 PM
1. Make sure Genesis is up to date.. (4.5.7 is the latest i believe)
2. Disable auto mode
3. Play your stream manually, starting from the top of the list if you see certain sources that do not work disable them in Genesis >Tools > Sources.
4. Turn Auto mode back on, if you want.

mashnella
06-16-2015, 07:45 PM
tyvm ill give this a try.

crawlers1977
06-21-2015, 06:15 AM
and thats the main kodis downfall pushing their backed kodi addons like genesis,ice films we keep seeing kodi is moving away from 3rd party addons ive been with these guys from the start and what they have pushed away and in return decided on keeping is the worst few addons you can find all uk isps will continue adding blocks the source list of search sites genesis alone uses is enough to make any help site screem but its money for using and pushing out the package at least they should be doing is their own private hosted search engine to cover the blocked sites, the coders need to pull their fingers out and impliment a code into the program that enables every person using the addon its full search list, ive seen smaller plugins on stand alone dropped and they were managed with more dedication than what kodi is doing with its official system addons.

samu-rai
06-21-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm not entirely sure I understand your post..... the official kodi development team has nothing to do with Genesis or any other privacy related add-ons. In fact they expressly forbid any mention of it on their forum/wiki etc.

As for the developers creating their own 'private search engine', by doing that they would be directly breaking copyright laws and in all likleyhood be sent to prison for a very long time.

In summary, given you are so ill informed on all things kodi, copyright law and python (that's the programming kodi's add-ons are written in) related, I find it very hard to believe you've 'been with these guys from the start' and really shouldn't be passing comment on what coders should or shouldn't be doing.