PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new box.

Coyote Jack
02-26-2021, 02:42 PM
I currently have a Mag 254 that is not working to great and I am thinking of upgrading. I am leaning towards a Dreamlink T2 or T3. Which would you recommend and why. Or if there is another route you would go, lets hear it.

Jack

crazed 9.6
02-26-2021, 03:03 PM
The T3 is Dreamlink's newest model.

It is rather advanced compared to the T2

MOL2 onboard in place of the DOL1
Server connection can be done in multiple ways.
M3U playback and functionality is fantastic.
User preferences are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFuQ-JlSsM&list=PLCYzZCALGrYdMBZO-IyEbHPvxGz4cWdBM

Coyote Jack
02-26-2021, 03:29 PM
I looked at the url you posted and a few more besides. Looks like I am going to have a steep learning curve but what an upgrade from a Mag 254. lol

Jack

crazed 9.6
02-26-2021, 03:38 PM
I looked at the url you posted and a few more besides. Looks like I am going to have a steep learning curve but what an upgrade from a Mag 254. lol

Jack

The T3 Sticky Threads here on site will help
Its not as difficult to setup as it my seem. In fact it is easier then your Mag :)

To connect to a server for instance , all you have to do is attach the MAC to your code at the service website. Perform a reset there at the website. And then add the server URL into the server setup menu on the T3 and that's it. It will connect.

For a second method to connect... You can add credentials (username and password) into the T3 server setup menu and then with credentials added, you would NOT need to attach the MAC to your code. It will connect :)
This second method is ideal too if you also want to use an M3u playlists from the service, because you would not need to delete the MAC, which has to be done when using m3u playlists... but since the credentials are used and no MAC was attached, you are one step ahead.

Playlists are nice because you can add an EPG source other then what the service supplies. You can create two (or more) Playlist setups and have two different EPG sources and just a click of a couple buttons you can switch between the two playlist setups and also quickly switch back to the Credentials mehod as well.

easy peasy :)

Marley
02-26-2021, 11:00 PM
most any boxes is easier to setup then mag but get latest ones if you can

Coyote Jack
02-26-2021, 11:30 PM
Well, I pulled the trigger. A new T3 is on it's way to me. Should be here in a few days. Thanks for your input guy's. Looks like I will be doing some reading this weekend.

Jack

Marley
02-27-2021, 12:11 AM
you,ll be very happy with it

Ryu
02-27-2021, 01:07 AM
good choice :)

Coyote Jack
03-03-2021, 04:06 PM
The new T3 arrived yesterday. I had it up and running pretty quick. Very easy setup as it did most of the stuff for me. After that it was just answer the questions properly as far as passwords and such go and I was watching TV. I must say it is a lot better than a Mag 254. Now to learn what else it can do.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jack

Ryu
03-04-2021, 12:31 AM
glad you got your new toy. have a fun bud :)

crazed 9.6
03-04-2021, 02:21 AM
here is a good option not many know about with the T3

While viewing a LiveTV channel, press the Info button and then a channel info menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. There is a down arrow there too, with a description labeled as 'Actions', so press the down arrow on your remote.
Then some options will appear at the bottom. Scroll over to the far right and there you have a Picture in Picture function.

That's just something that might interest you and there are more surprises too, but I not telling , you will have to explore :)