PDA

View Full Version : AVOV/Mag vs. Kodi on GBOX Q -- any difference in picture quality?

James9876
06-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently running the IPTV on my android devices via the stalker PVR client on Kodi. The picture seems great and I'm currently getting some help to get a more detailed EPG. And I've ordered the GBOX Q to arrive shortly, where I'll be testing on that.

I'm wondering if the IPTV service, either currently or when in its in pay mode and booming even more, is better off on an actual IPTV device such as an AVOV or MAG, or if I can get the same quality of stream on Kodi? When I say same quality stream, I'm talking about picture and smoothness (i.e. buffering or lack thereof).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Apologies in advance if this thread should have been posted in another section

Thanks

Marley
06-15-2015, 09:13 PM
all i can say is time will tell gbox q is quad picture should be fine but you only get what they send out right now 480 for live tv hope that will change

James9876
06-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info asft. I'm definitely more in favor of having an android box (gbox q) over the MAG/AVOV given the accessibility of additional apps.

I've purchased a GBOX Q and tested against an AVOV TVonline model, and found no difference in picture quality, and if anything a slight edge to the GBOX Q. Havent tested it against the MAG though...

crazy carl
06-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info asft. I'm definitely more in favor of having an android box (gbox q) over the MAG/AVOV given the accessibility of additional apps.

I've purchased a GBOX Q and tested against an AVOV TVonline model, and found no difference in picture quality, and if anything a slight edge to the GBOX Q. Havent tested it against the MAG though...

The G box Q is a beast of a box good sir my brother has 2 and there slicker then snot on a door knob

Marley
06-22-2015, 03:43 PM
all i can says avov2 has heck of picture in 1080p 3d looks great my mygica and ninx or quad stick look great too sometime i think its what tv you have and setting you put it on and i test the q need a little work still but they all do to be fair cant tell you on mag254 yet have not seen 1080p