PDA

View Full Version : First time IPTV user - I need some direction and info.

Guavajam
01-12-2021, 02:59 AM
Hi guys. I actually joined this site many years ago, but I got sidetracked with Android stuff. Anyway, I have a FireTV dongle which I use now, a ROKU that's been in the drawer for a good while now, and someone just gave me a Mag 324w2 that I haven't even plugged in yet. Which of these devices will give me the best performance? Also, bear in mind, that my internet speed rarely hits 20 mbps, more like 12 to 16 mbps. Is my internet speed, or the lack thereof I should say, a non starter?
Thank you. Any and all advice will be gratefully received.

Ryu
01-12-2021, 01:22 PM
you should be fine with internet speed. if fire stick is first generation then you will have more issues. mag would be better vs firestick. i never used or test roku so don't know much about it.
for mag and firestick see their threads and you will find bunch of useful info. :)

4me2c
01-12-2021, 02:19 PM
Getting around 12mbps here with No Problem using Me Android H96Max...!!!

Shooty
01-12-2021, 04:58 PM
Hi guys. I actually joined this site many years ago, but I got sidetracked with Android stuff. Anyway, I have a FireTV dongle which I use now, a ROKU that's been in the drawer for a good while now, and someone just gave me a Mag 324w2 that I haven't even plugged in yet. Which of these devices will give me the best performance? Also, bear in mind, that my internet speed rarely hits 20 mbps, more like 12 to 16 mbps. Is my internet speed, or the lack thereof I should say, a non starter?
Thank you. Any and all advice will be gratefully received.
Mag 324w2 will connect to servers using Ministra TV platform version 5.2.0 or higher.
These Services only support Stalker devices up to version 5.0.

Your best bet of the 3 is the 1st gen FTV stick.
Recommend Perfect Player

Guavajam
01-13-2021, 02:16 AM
you should be fine with internet speed. if fire stick is first generation then you will have more issues. mag would be better vs firestick. i never used or test roku so don't know much about it.
for mag and firestick see their threads and you will find bunch of useful info. :)

Thank you much.

Guavajam
01-13-2021, 02:17 AM
Getting around 12mbps here with No Problem using Me Android H96Max...!!!

Thank you.

Guavajam
01-13-2021, 02:20 AM
Mag 324w2 will connect to servers using Ministra TV platform version 5.2.0 or higher.
These Services only support Stalker devices up to version 5.0.

Your best bet of the 3 is the 1st gen FTV stick.
Recommend Perfect Player

Thank you. My FTV isn't first gen, though. It's a little square dongle that is 4K capable.

Guavajam
01-13-2021, 02:20 AM
So is there anything this 324w2 is good for? LOL

Ryu
01-13-2021, 01:08 PM
So is there anything this 324w2 is good for? LOL
for now I would leave it on side and focus on fir dongle. you can download (stbEmu pro) on it.

Marley
01-29-2021, 08:40 PM
1st gen firestick is great for that speed after that forget it and no 4k movies i still have mine somewhere cant use it for what i need but still for being that old its maybe your cup of tea look at new buzz sticks and need to get server to run kodi fine the other part is fine

bb.rodri
02-03-2021, 08:11 AM
If you are really into iptv, recommend Formuler Z8 Pro or Z Alpha. They have Iptv app called mytvonline2 that makes their device on top of the list. Your internet speed seems not bad for watching TV in HD quality as long as no fluctuation much.

Boltsfan
08-02-2021, 06:05 PM
I had an Ilink dreamlink 5 but was lost moving. I was not that impressed. What I would like is a reciever that I can run rocket and set up Kodi on easily while also easily protecting it with VPN. What IKS box should I be looking to buy?

crazed 9.6
08-02-2021, 06:13 PM
BuzzTV box - XPL or XR or XRS models.
Dreamlink - T2 or T3
Formuler - Z8 or Z7+ or the newer models , alpha and pro
EZ Media Player
StreamPro G1
Global Media Box - this box is a little outdated for Kodi thou.