PDA

View Full Version : Remote Suggestions

bdotp
06-19-2020, 12:45 AM
Just curious what remote are you all using? Looking to throw this stock xrs remote in the box and forget all my frustrations with it.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

crazed 9.6
06-19-2020, 06:18 AM
Just curious what remote are you all using? Looking to throw this stock xrs remote in the box and forget all my frustrations with it.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Have you loaded the newest firmware/buzz4 app version that was pushed out earlier today ?

bdotp
06-19-2020, 09:52 PM
Yeah I loaded it but I am sure my remote is messed up..live tv if I hold down the down arrow it scrolls through a few channels (6-7) and then stops. Plugged in a wireless keyboard and pressed the down arrow and I can go through the entire channel list.

Okay button requires a few presses to register. Haven't seen any improvement on the remote with the firmware update.

crazed 9.6
06-19-2020, 10:43 PM
recheck batteries
I had same symptoms and I was sure the batteries were okay because I used the same remote on another buzz box and it worked fine, but would act same as you describe with the other buzz box.
Put new batteries in and then all was fine.

Marley
07-01-2020, 12:16 AM
i can tell you just now was thinking the new update mess up the box but nope the dang batteries had it lock up my box and all changed batteries and all is good again wow

07-04-2020, 06:27 PM
i can tell you just now was thinking the new update mess up the box but nope the dang batteries had it lock up my box and all changed batteries and all is good again wow

Wow that is really Odd , I had the same problem. I checked the batteries and the were all over 1.58 volts. What voltage does this remote require to work?