PDA

View Full Version : Threats to blow up Darlington Raceway

crazed 9.6
05-14-2020, 09:45 PM
You have got to be kidding me !!

https://wpde.com/news/local/man-threatens-to-blow-up-darlington-raceway-sheriff-says?jwsource=cl

DARLINGTON COUNTY, S.C. (WPDE) — The Darlington County Sheriff's Office has charged a man they say threatened to use a weapon of mass destruction against the Darlington Raceway.

Michael Donavan Avin, 46, of Darlington, left a threatening telephone message at the Darlington Raceway on April 27, investigators say.
Warrants allege Avin had written a letter to another location within the county stating he had access to 125 tons of bomb-making materials.
Avin was booked into the W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center on the charge of possession, threatened or attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction for an act of terrorism, not resulting in death. He's awaiting a bond hearing.
The DCSO says the case remains under investigation.

This Sunday, the Darlington Raceway will host NASCAR's first race since the COVID-19 suspension. South Carolina favorite Darius Rucker will sing the National Anthem.

end c/p

thnx sideswiper for the attention on this

4me2c
05-14-2020, 09:57 PM
Dang, There is Always ONE...!!!

IMO, I Hope he is Never Seen in Public Again...

Gabacho
05-15-2020, 12:23 AM
More and more whackos are turning up daily. It's time to put a bounty on them but that would only make it worse.