PDA

View Full Version : EPG problem after the latest update

hapy
01-10-2020, 04:32 AM
I just installed the new update. The epg is all messed up. I can only get the title of the show when the the epg button is pressed. Any other way that it normally shows the title and info., like the ok button, shows no title or info. Now it is also buffering bad on various channels. The vod is also buffering. I don't know if the buffering is related to the update or not. After Crazed posted the software update info, I waited a day. I didn't see any problems reported, so I updated. Has anyone else having the problem after the update?

hapy

Tha Joker
01-10-2020, 05:00 AM
Yup same here. Haven't tried VOD, or seen any unusual buffering though.

hapy
01-10-2020, 05:16 AM
Yup same here. Haven't tried VOD, or seen any unusual buffering though.

My buffering seems to be ok now on both the vod and live. Epg still bad.

crazed 9.6
01-10-2020, 07:47 AM
not related to update , nope.
I had heard that there was some Server 'tweeking' taking place and that was prolly the cause.

Shooty
01-10-2020, 04:45 PM
Maybe if they would Format the EPG data properly, they would have a lot of happy users!
*BTW, ...I posted previously, what the problem was, and also posted a "quick fix" to partially fix the formatting.
*(This will not correct the genre/ category formatting error, but will fix the problem of no Info. in the description).
>>> "REMOVE ALL LINE FEEDS -ex; \n or <LF>" <<<

hapy
01-10-2020, 05:31 PM
not related to update , nope.
I had heard that there was some Server 'tweeking' taking place and that was prolly the cause.

crazed 8.4,
What do you suggest I do? Should i try a software reset? Or just wait for some sort of fix.
hapy

crazed 9.6
01-10-2020, 10:40 PM
The buffering is or was related to server or internet of things.
The EPG issue you outlined is not a new thing.
Sorry, I missed exactly what the issue was the first time I read this.
I doubt it is anything to do with the update thou.
More believable or understandable is what Shooty outlined (or similar script work for the channels), is prolly why this is happening.

I will next try an m3u URL and with ken's or Acid's EPG URL and see how that looks.

crazed 9.6
01-10-2020, 11:42 PM
Okay, so I tested with m3u Playlist URL and both Ken's and Acid's EPG URLs and the guide info is there and correctly shown.

If you want to try that, the T3 sever Connection slots work nicely for that. And once you get it all setup, you will be able to switch between MAC and Playlist methods just by choosing which to connect to.

Normally the first thing to do is to log onto your code at the service webpage and delete your MAC from there.
Then log back on and take note of the m3u Playlist URL which should be shown there.
But if you already have the URL then with these Dreamlinks there is no need to delete that MAC.... but in order to get the m3u URL you would need to delete the MAC and then log back on and get the Playlist URL that would now be shown there in place of your MAC
Copy that URL and save it in a notepad tex doc for future uses.
This works only with Dreamlink models, with other models you would need to delete the MAC or the Playlist URL will not work, even with the correct Playlist URL entered into a server slot.

That URL would be entered into a Playlist slot in your T3s Connections menu.
The EPG URL would also be entered in here.

To save all the work entering the URLs, you can use a File Manager/Explorer app and do the Coping thru that app.
Then paste the URLs into the Playlist URL and EPG lines with the Paste function that is working in that menu.
I have posted a guide on how to do that but it was in a thread somewhere which is.... ummmm well its somewhere :eek:

I will try and post up a guide soon for the Copying and Pasting process.

crazed 9.6
01-10-2020, 11:56 PM
here it is, but it needs some updating.

I have since stopped using the ES Explorer and went with the FX File Explorer
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?41820-FX-File-Explorer
And also I do not explain correctly how to do these functions with the RCU alone and its onboard mouse function and that works well enough if not using an external mouse.

But here it is in a nutshell :)

Here is what I did to copy and paste the EPG URL into the EPG URL slot, thru the MOL2 Playlist option.
I understand that you know most of these steps and my explaining may look overboard, but it is there as a complete step by step walk thru for all of us
Thnx guys..... and here it is...

Install ES File Explorer .. it can be found in your Market under the 'ETC' category.
On your desktop create a text document (Notepad doc) and name it anything you want.
Open it and paste the EPG URL that you want added to the Playlist slot.
Transfer that text file onto USB drive and insert into T3.
Open the ES File Explorer on your T3.
You should see your USB storage device.
Look below at the table of options for the Note Editor and open it.
Up to this point I have been using the T3 remote, but these next steps work better with an attached mouse to your T3.

Once the Note Editor has been opened it will show any text file's content.
You should see your full EPG URL that you pasted earlier.
Up top in the Tool Bar is an Edit function, Click it.
Then highlight the URL line with your mouse function, and then double tab the line. Two edit balloon tools should appear... Expand the two balloons to capture the complete line.
Up in the toolbar again is a Copy option. Click it.

Exit ES Explorer and open MOL2 and open a new Playlist slot.
Highlight the EPG URL slot, and with the onscreen keyboard removed.....
This next step requires a wireless mouse attached. I have tried in many ways with the supplied remote but have found only the wireless mouse works for this (or a wireless keyboard would too I suppose).
Ok, with the EPG line highlighted with the blinking text cursor, right click (or was that left click) and hold the mouse button, while hovering over that line.
A balloon edit tool will appear and the PASTE option will also appear too.
Select PASTE and your previously copied URL will appear.

This same method can be used to add a Playlist URL, if that is the way you are connecting.

If anyone knows of a way to copy the URL to T3 clipboard or emulated storage and paste from there, please do tell ... that would eliminate the need for the ES File Explorer.
Thnx

*added note.....
If you are doing this same process for the Server URL, then you must press the Connect option after that line has been entered. Pressing the Connect will save the server slot with that URL entered.
You need to do this because once you enter the Server URL and then open the ES File Explorer to do this process with the EPG URL, your server slot and info already entered will be lost because it was not first saved.

hapy
01-11-2020, 12:48 AM
crazed 8.4,
A lot to take in. I used the m3u playlist, when it was first introduced as an option to the mac address, once for a short time, just to see if it worked. I'll give the playlist a shot. If I have any questions along the way, I'll ask.
Thanks crazed 8.4
hapy

crazed 9.6
01-11-2020, 02:27 AM
crazed 8.4,
A lot to take in. I used the m3u playlist, when it was first introduced as an option to the mac address, once for a short time, just to see if it worked. I'll give the playlist a shot. If I have any questions along the way, I'll ask.
Thanks crazed 8.4
hapy

I have found that the Total Commander Manager/Explorer works for this and does work somewhat better then either the FX or the ES Explorers.
Most of the reason is because it uses less steps to get the same job done. And the Total Commander is in your T3 Market, which makes things that much easier.
Currently I am working on a written tutoral for us.

hapy
01-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Crazed8.4,

Using Total Commander, I followed your instructions from your sticky you just posted. Everything seemed to go along with your instructions. When I tried to connect to the playlist I got this error message:

Connection Error
Check Connection settings
Code:3
I checked my donation number and the rest of the info. you provided in the sticky for the playlist url. I replaced the 66 info with the rocket info.
What should I try from here?
hapy

crazed 9.6
01-12-2020, 08:15 PM
Crazed8.4,

Using Total Commander, I followed your instructions from your sticky you just posted. Everything seemed to go along with your instructions. When I tried to connect to the playlist I got this error message:

Connection Error
Check Connection settings
Code:3
I checked my donation number and the rest of the info. you provided in the sticky for the playlist url. I replaced the 66 info with the rocket info.
What should I try from here?
hapy

I had made a mistake with that URL
Shooty had recently pointed out my mistake to me and I have since fixed it.

I had mistakenly deleted the & symbol,
The & symbol directly in front of the word 'password' was missing
The code below shows it correctly.

http://s1.iptv66.tv:80/get.php?username=******&password=******&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

You can also get that string address from the service website, once you log on to your code (with the MAC deleted).

Let me know how it goes from here :)

hapy
01-13-2020, 04:42 AM
crazed8.4,
I made the correction as you noted above and gave it a new name. First I went to connections and deleted the last playlist I tried so it would be a fresh start. Then I went through the steps again. Everything looked right. Hit connect and the same result. Connection error. I went to the service website and deleted the Mac to get the address. I copied the address and then went back into the service site and put back the MAC. I made a new .txt file and added to the usb. I went through the steps as before with the same results.

crazed 9.6
01-13-2020, 04:53 AM
crazed8.4,
I made the correction as you noted above and gave it a new name. First I went to connections and deleted the last playlist I tried so it would be a fresh start. Then I went through the steps again. Everything looked right. Hit connect and the same result. Connection error. I went to the service website and deleted the Mac to get the address. I copied the address and then went back into the service site and put back the MAC. I made a new .txt file and added to the usb. I went through the steps as before with the same results.

Are you attempting to connect after the Playlist URL has been added or after the EPG URL has been added?
It needs to Connect after each, so it saves each.
Does not sound like the issue thou, but had to ask.

Easiest thing to try first is go to website and log on to your code and do a IPTV Reset.
Then retry that Playlist slot.

If still not working, then delete the MAC from website (leave it deleted) and perform a Reset there and then retry that Playlist slot

hapy
01-13-2020, 06:52 AM
No. I have only been working with the playlist file.
I have one question. Should I set up the playlist slot before I do the IPTV resets?

crazed 9.6
01-13-2020, 07:09 AM
No. I have only been working with the playlist file.
I have one question. Should I set up the playlist slot before I do the IPTV resets?

the iptv reset should not really be needed for this.
I have never needed to do that when doing this.
I just added that as a extra thing to try but it should not be necessary.

But did you try with MAC deleted and a reset after that ?

hapy
01-13-2020, 07:27 PM
I just tried with the MAC deleted and used the playlist from the site. It worked.
Now I am going to add the Ken's epg. I'll let you know the results.
hapy

hapy
01-13-2020, 09:03 PM
I just tried with the MAC deleted and used the playlist from the site. It worked.
Now I am going to add the Ken's epg. I'll let you know the results.
hapy

Neither the "ken" or the "acid" worked on 2 separate connections I created with the same playlist. The connections opened with no info.

crazed 9.6
01-13-2020, 11:20 PM
well damn :(
I am thinking now that the outline I posted about leaving the MAC attached only works with my admin pass.
However, I have tried the same pass with other boxes (Buzz and EZ Player) and it does not work the same. If I want to use the Playlist URL I would need to delete the MAC, but not with the Dreamlink.
But I guess this must be an anomaly with these admin passes and does not work the same with a member's pass (code).

But them EPG urls should work fine and they have nothing to do with MAC or no MAC
They both are working here.

Sorry hapy for all this run around confusion I may have caused.
I will modify that Sticky thread to show how to Copy and Paste but exclude that MAC explanation part

Tha Joker
01-13-2020, 11:38 PM
well damn :(
I am thinking now that the outline I posted about leaving the MAC attached only works with my admin pass.
However, I have tried the same pass with other boxes (Buzz and EZ Player) and it does not work the same. If I want to use the Playlist URL I would need to delete the MAC, but not with the Dreamlink.
But I guess this must be an anomaly with these admin passes and does not work the same with a member's pass (code).

But them EPG urls should work fine and they have nothing to do with MAC or no MAC
They both are working here.

Sorry hapy for all this run around confusion I may have caused.
I will modify that Sticky thread to show how to Copy and Paste but exclude that MAC explanation part

I have just tested this, and it works just fine.

crazed 9.6
01-13-2020, 11:42 PM
I have just tested this, and it works just fine.

Were you able to connect to the Playlist URL while your MAC was still attached at the website ?
Are you using an admin pass code ?

Tha Joker
01-13-2020, 11:45 PM
Mac is still attached, and Im able to to switch between both with no problems, and EPG works. Kens does, haven't tried acidjesus yet but I'm sure if kens works the other will work. No admin pass code.

crazed 9.6
01-13-2020, 11:47 PM
Mac is still attached, and Im able to to switch between both with no problems, and EPG works. Kens does, haven't tried acidjesus yet but I'm sure if kens works the other will work. No admin pass code.

cool beans,
thnx Joker :)

Tha Joker
01-13-2020, 11:52 PM
Neither the "ken" or the "acid" worked on 2 separate connections I created with the same playlist. The connections opened with no info.

Disconnect from the playlist, then edit the playlist, do you see the epg xml file saved there?

crazed 9.6
01-13-2020, 11:57 PM
I have also noticed that when I first turn on this T3 and try connecting to URL it does not connect. I get a Code 11 error.
The MAC is still attached at the website. So I first went into my wifi settings and ensured it was connected which it was and then I went and connected my MAC attached portal and it connected fine. So then I went to the Playlist URL and connected it and now it connects. (with MAC attached the whole time).

So maybe hapy, you just need to mess around in them menus a little bit to get it to connect thru PLylist URL with the MAC still attached.

Thnx again Joker and for the further assistance for hapy as well :)

Tha Joker
01-14-2020, 12:04 AM
After a restart of the T3, and opening up MOL2, it connected fine. I notice in the top right corner, it says 'EPG Loading', does yours say that too hapy? it does take about 15-30 sec for epg to then load. Hitting the menu button, and then hitting refresh brings that message up again in the top right corner. Maybe try that. First you gotta make sure the xml file is there and saved in that slot.

Bkman2020
01-14-2020, 01:31 AM
Epg does have issues at time so may not be your typing.

hapy
01-14-2020, 03:08 AM
Disconnect from the playlist, then edit the playlist, do you see the epg xml file saved there?

Yes, I have done that. The epg playlist is there. I matched it with what Crazed posted in his sticky and it all matched. The playlist file will not connect with the MAC attached at the website for me. When I leave the Mac blank at the website, the playlist file opens, but no sign of an epg. There is no epg sign in the upper right corner loading. Connecting with the MAC the loading sign appears and gives me partial loading. The same when all this started. Joker,
Thanks for jumping in here. I was wondering how you were doing. Connected to your MAC did the full epg come back?

Tha Joker
01-14-2020, 03:12 AM
You didn't by accident put the xml file in the the second slot that says playlist VOD URL? The xml file for EPG should be at the bottom? Just making sure, and trying to figure out why the EPG won't populate for you?

hapy
01-14-2020, 03:20 AM
You didn't by accident put the xml file in the the second slot that says playlist VOD URL? The xml file for EPG should be at the bottom? Just making sure, and trying to figure out why the EPG won't populate for you?

No, I made sure of that. Did your problem start right after you did the last update?

crazed 9.6
01-14-2020, 03:22 AM
no mistakenly copied and pasted any blank spaces in the EPG line... before or after the URL ?

Tha Joker
01-14-2020, 03:24 AM
No, I made sure of that. Did your problem start right after you did the last update?

I can't honestly say for sure. I didn't notice it until I saw your post. But the update should have nothing to do with whether the epg works using the playlist method. You should be able to get EPG with the correct xml file using the playlist method.

hapy
01-14-2020, 04:02 AM
no mistakenly copied and pasted any blank spaces in the EPG line... before or after the URL ?

Yes, I did leave a space before the URL. But I still had to blank out the MAC at the website to get the playlist to open. The epg loaded and everything looks good with the playlist. After I take a brain break, I'll look into attaching the MAC and get it working like it is suppose to. For now I'm a happy camper.
Thanks Crazed for sticking with me all this time.

hapy
01-14-2020, 04:12 AM
I can't honestly say for sure. I didn't notice it until I saw your post. But the update should have nothing to do with whether the epg works using the playlist method. You should be able to get EPG with the correct xml file using the playlist method.

I guess you read my last post. Thanks for letting me know it worked, and following up with your ideas for me to check on.

Tha Joker
01-14-2020, 04:13 AM
I guess you read my last post. Thanks for letting me know it worked, and following up with your ideas for me to check on.

No problem! Glad you got it working!

Imp08ala
01-15-2020, 05:42 AM
My m3u playlists wont load unless I zero out my mac address both Ken's and acid epg work except Ken's epg loads slower...in order to get portal option to work again I have to input mac address again on iptv66 website..I hope the team gets this going again cause this is confusing to some who dont know how to get m3u to work...the thing I dont like about the playlists is that you lose channel logos and channels start in the 1,s and up not like portal option where you have logos and channels start in the 100,s and up like we are used to...hopefully the team finds a fix for this cause I didn't have epg problem until new update sometime last week... why if it's so easy to attach someone's epg to the playlists why cant the team do that to the mytv2 portal part It was fine not long ago what happened now

hapy
01-15-2020, 06:55 AM
I had the same experience coming of the last update. I know that the update should have had nothing to do with the epg problem It could be a coincidence that the few of us that reported the problem so far happening after the update is just that, a coincidence. But I think it would be worth a look in to the update for a possible glitch. Something happened to cause the problem.

With that being said, is there any info files for the vod to go along with the live tv epg using the playlist?

crazed 9.6
01-15-2020, 07:47 AM
is there any info files for the vod to go along with the live tv epg using the playlist?

Not really, nope.
I say 'not really' , because there is one but it is again a slightly different loading method and more importantly is that it is about a year old, so the movies from that time till now will not be included.

Loaded thru the Playlist slot on your T3 or loaded thru an installed Perfect Player on the T3
You can find the file in 2 parts thru the link shown below.
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?39424-Perfect-Player-(Only)-Template-VOD-Movies-with-Embedded-amp-Formatted-Metadata

Been doing some checking if anything has been mentioned about this lose of EPG info, thru messenger services and chat rooms, but have not seen anything relevant yet.
I do not know if team members have seen this thread yet, but chances are they have.

Imp08ala
01-15-2020, 08:13 AM
Thanks Crazed 8.4 ...hopefully the top dawgs can see this thread and get this sorted out cause it was working fine not long ago Shooty had mentioned something on a different thread about this issue being something easy to fix they should hear him out and sort this out

Shooty
01-15-2020, 06:34 PM
Thanks Crazed 8.4 ...hopefully the top dawgs can see this thread and get this sorted out cause it was working fine not long ago Shooty had mentioned something on a different thread about this issue being something easy to fix they should hear him out and sort this out
I 2nd that!
I'd be happy to provide a properly formatted EPG for them to use.
/shooty

Imp08ala
01-18-2020, 01:56 AM
I 2nd that!
I'd be happy to provide a properly formatted EPG for them to use.
/shooty
Hey Shooty any word from the Top Dawgs?

Shooty
01-19-2020, 05:42 PM
Hey Shooty any word from the Top Dawgs?
Nope!
Willing to help!
???

Imp08ala
01-21-2020, 05:28 AM
Nope!
Willing to help!