PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Encountered This Issue?

Falcon05
12-11-2019, 12:40 AM
I've run into a nuisance issue with my new EZ Media Player. Everytime I power off the box using the remote, the language reverts to Chinese next time I power up the box. I then go back into "setting" on the main menu screen, then "language" and then check the English button. I can then click the "Live" button on the remote and the EPG comes up in English. It's not a showstopper by any means, just a nuisance. Maybe I've missed a way to save the change. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

crazed 9.6
12-11-2019, 07:42 AM
Have not seen this happen.

I went to Settings and set it to China's and then used the 'back' button and it saved as China's
Powered off with remote and back on and it still was China.
Then changed to English and used 'back' button and it saved as English. Powered off and back on and still seen in English.

You may need a Factory Default if problem persists.

Falcon05
12-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the prompt response, Crazed. I'll play around with it and try the factory reset. Like I said, it's a nuisance. I really like the box overall.

Marley
12-12-2019, 02:17 AM
yea that never happens to me but maybe a reset will do the trick

Falcon05
12-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Unsure why, but after at least four "Factory Default" resets I continue having the problem. I now also have a Kodi YouTube addon problem which I will document in the appropriate Kodi addons space.

crazed 9.6
12-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Which Default option did you use?
And what is the current firmware/software version installed ?

Contact your seller to see what he says.
Maybe an exchange is the answer.

Falcon05
12-12-2019, 11:14 PM
On the main screen (Live TV, VOD,TV Series,Apps,and Setting), I clicked on Setting. It brings up the Advanced Setup,Display,Update,Factory Default,etc. page. I click on Factory Default. The Factory Default page has four choices and I choose Reset All.

The current System Info: Launcher Version is 1.0.17211_07092019 Software Version is V1.0.323

If I click on Update on the Setting screen, then on Network Update, it says the software is up-to-date. The App Version is 1.015902[11222018]

Falcon05
12-13-2019, 01:04 PM
I have sent a support message to the Canadian retailer from whom I purchased the EZ Media box. I'll let you know what I hear from them.

NBS
12-13-2019, 10:10 PM
i can tell you how to fix it when i get home in 30

NBS
12-13-2019, 10:46 PM
from settings you need to go to two places and check language

advanced setup and language

NBS
12-13-2019, 11:14 PM
On the main screen (Live TV, VOD,TV Series,Apps,and Setting), I clicked on Setting. It brings up the Advanced Setup,Display,Update,Factory Default,etc. page. I click on Factory Default. The Factory Default page has four choices and I choose Reset All.

The current System Info: Launcher Version is 1.0.17211_07092019 Software Version is V1.0.323

If I click on Update on the Setting screen, then on Network Update, it says the software is up-to-date. The App Version is 1.015902[11222018]that is not the latest update
when in live tv hit the menu button settings ,check update
current software is 1 0 41 12022019

Falcon05
12-14-2019, 02:07 PM
The day after I documented the system info, the new update came out and I did update to 1 0 41 12022019. It did not change the problem. Although I can change the language in two different places, the change doesn't get permanently saved. Thanks, however, for your suggestion.

NBS
12-14-2019, 10:19 PM
The day after I documented the system info, the new update came out and I did update to 1 0 41 12022019. It did not change the problem. Although I can change the language in two different places, the change doesn't get permanently saved. Thanks, however, for your suggestion.

is auto change language off?

Falcon05
12-15-2019, 07:09 PM
You stumped me on that setting. Where do I find it?

Marley
12-16-2019, 03:45 PM
did you find it ?

Falcon05
12-16-2019, 08:06 PM
No, Marley. I didn't.

crazed 9.6
12-16-2019, 08:40 PM
I did look for that Auto Language too, but did not find it :(
NBS must have the magic potion:eek:

[/I]

NBS
12-18-2019, 04:50 PM
Hdmi cec....

Falcon05
12-19-2019, 01:24 AM
Settings - Preference - HDMI CEC- Turn on CEC Switch - Turn on Auto Change Language

Change made with no improvement. HDMI CEC can control connected devices by passing signals through the HDMI cable. Most typically it's used for one device to power on or off one or more devices attached by HDMI. My EZ Media box now, when turned on or off by the remote, also turns on or off the TV that it is attached to. Unfortunately, the Auto Change Language switch does not change the software in the EZ Media box from Chinese to English automatically.

Since I've not received any support from the Canadian retailer from whom I purchased the box, I'll just continue to change it at daily power up.

NBS
12-19-2019, 05:55 PM
Settings - Preference - HDMI CEC- Turn on CEC Switch - Turn on Auto Change Language

Change made with no improvement. HDMI CEC can control connected devices by passing signals through the HDMI cable. Most typically it's used for one device to power on or off one or more devices attached by HDMI. My EZ Media box now, when turned on or off by the remote, also turns on or off the TV that it is attached to. Unfortunately, the Auto Change Language switch does not change the software in the EZ Media box from Chinese to English automatically.

Since I've not received any support from the Canadian retailer from whom I purchased the box, I'll just continue to change it at daily power up.

Ive loaded 4 or 5 in the past couple of weeks and adjusted settings to fix the issue and it does not come back
Ill pull out a new one tomorrow and go through it as im guessing right now

Marley
12-19-2019, 06:03 PM
HDMI CEC and disable automatic language change that should fix it maybe do reboot after changing setting
this is fine box and i know it will get fixed and nbs will help you anyway he can

Falcon05
12-22-2019, 03:21 PM
SUCCESS!!!!!!! Sequence had everything to with getting the change to be saved. I was changing the language and then hitting the "back" button (to the right of the "home" key"). This would keep the change, but only until I turned off the box with the red on/off button. Instead, when I made the language change and immediately hit the red on/off button, it came up in English the next time I powered up the box. No more Chinese!

Thanks to all of you guys who hung in there with me. I never believed the EZ Media box is a bad one. I always thought it was a good replacement for the Avov.

Now I just need to figure out why I can't get signed into my YouTube account using the Kodi YouTube addon. I keep getting a error message on my PC when I enter the second series of codes which appear on the Kodi app. Not giving up yet. Works OK on my second Avov box.

Marley
12-23-2019, 04:19 PM
see if ytup has update you may need add it on stick then to box look at version and look at what kodi you have too maybe update that too that ez to do and dont need change everything if you update kodi right me i updated all my boxes but thats me but only on newer ones

Deadwood
03-11-2021, 07:45 PM
I would like to suggest this might have something to do with the software Keyboard as it can be set to various languages including Chinese and a single keystroke can change the charactors on the keyboard which may relate to the problem you're having.