PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva recalls sparring session with Jon Jones: ‘He taught ...........

jetta
01-01-2015, 01:08 AM
Anderson Silva recalls sparring session with Jon Jones: ‘He taught me a few things I didn't know’

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- The Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones super fight will likely never happen inside the Octagon, but they shared a ring for the first time at UFC’s headquarters in Las Vegas in November.

During a press conference in Rio de Janeiro earlier this month, "The Spider" recalled his spar session with "Bones".

"I have a good relationship with him, we’re friends for a long time, since he started his career, but we never had the chance to train together before," Silva said. "We were both in Las Vegas and it happened.

"It was a normal training, he did a few things, and I did a few things. It was a tough training for both of us. We learned a lot. He taught me a few things I didn’t know, I gave him a few tips. I like him a lot, and it was cool."

Currently riding an 11-fight winning streak in the UFC, Jones is five victories away from Silva’s all-time record of 16 straight wins inside the Octagon, and the Brazilian thinks Jones could become the best American to ever fight under the UFC banner one day.

"He has his history, he’s building (his career)," Silva said. "He’s young and has everything to become the biggest name of the sport in his country."