PDA

View Full Version : edit their m3u

tvlarry
08-26-2019, 02:34 AM
Has anyone tried to edit their m3u by removing some groups, channels, creating groups, then saving the edited m3u on usb drive load on T3 ? I have tried 2 different editors and for some reason I am losing the ppv links and all VOD. Any help out there on this one ? What m3u editor is everybody using ?

crazed 9.6
08-26-2019, 02:40 AM
Has anyone tried to edit their m3u by removing some groups, channels, creating groups, then saving the edited m3u on usb drive load on T3 ? I have tried 2 different editors and for some reason I am losing the ppv links and all VOD. Any help out there on this one ? What m3u editor is everybody using ?

You had posted this in the XR4000 forum, but I see that you mention T3
So I moved the post into Dreamlink T3 forum. I hope that was correct.

I use Windows Notepad Text Editor
But try this...
Once you load the Playlist onto the T3 and have it open on-screen, then use the VOD button on your remote and see if that shows all the channels.

Bkman2020
08-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Sometimes editing a m3u list can cause your channels not work properly due to channel changes, I would just leave it the way it is.

Shooty
08-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Try this Editor
Download link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1x03cru12lzkqy3/m3ueditor_setup.exe/file
*If you pay for the full version, you can store up to 3 Playlists on thier Server and access w/url address.

tvlarry
08-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Thanks Shooty, I will check it, the limit on 3 m3u's is no good for me, I have many to edit & maintain, I need a program to download and use with unlimited restrictions. People want these Latino channels removed from all the Groups and they want new groups of their own as do I. I found one the other day called E-Channelizer which did the job but it removed the station logo's and I am still trying to figure out how to link them back up. thanks for your help!

Shooty
08-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Thanks Shooty, I will check it, the limit on 3 m3u's is no good for me, I have many to edit & maintain, I need a program to download and use with unlimited restrictions. People want these Latino channels removed from all the Groups and they want new groups of their own as do I. I found one the other day called E-Channelizer which did the job but it removed the station logo's and I am still trying to figure out how to link them back up. thanks for your help!
You misunderstood.
you can edit as many as you want and save them locally.
the 3 slots are if you need to have a url for a certain program that will only accept a remote url.
ie; make a VOD playlist for your t3

tvlarry
08-26-2019, 08:34 PM
Yes Shooty it works ! Didnt need the licensed version so far. Its a little slow because I have not found a way to highlight a whole line of channels to delete, you have to do one at a time unless you know a way. But the PPV's and VOD's were not affected. Nice one. Do you know if there is a way to just edit the URL Main Path & sub so we dont have to edit every single m3u sub channel by channel ? I owe you a beer or something for sure...

Shooty
08-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Yes Shooty it works ! Didnt need the licensed version so far. Its a little slow because I have not found a way to highlight a whole line of channels to delete, you have to do one at a time unless you know a way. But the PPV's and VOD's were not affected. Nice one. Do you know if there is a way to just edit the URL Main Path & sub so we dont have to edit every single m3u sub channel by channel ? I owe you a beer or something for sure...
Those are the 2 things lacking I noted, but deleting groups is easy, and channels are just a click and a scroll.
I use Notepad++ for all editing tasks I perform.
Find and Replace function will do what you want.

***Just an FYI,
Be aware that many of the VOD titles will have a comma ( , ) as in "Munsters, go Home".
This is a listing error of the Providers, and will cause many programs to show the Movie name as "go home".
*m3u format dictates that Immediately after the 1st comma, is the Title.

tvlarry
08-27-2019, 07:30 PM
ok understand and thank you again.

I copied the edited m3u from your editor to Notepad then was able to search & replace the logins and replace with others, very easy.

Can you run the edited m3u on Notepad directly to the T3 by renaming it as a m3u rather than a .txt? I did not try it so I copied it back to your editor then saved it again it worked fine that way.

Shooty
08-28-2019, 05:42 PM
ok understand and thank you again.

I copied the edited m3u from your editor to Notepad then was able to search & replace the logins and replace with others, very easy.

Can you run the edited m3u on Notepad directly to the T3 by renaming it as a m3u rather than a .txt? I did not try it so I copied it back to your editor then saved it again it worked fine that way.
You save it as a normal text file (file format), but add the extension ( .m3u ) after the file name. (ie; playlist.m3u )

tvlarry
08-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Thanks again! Give me a link to send you a beer...

Shooty
08-29-2019, 07:14 PM
Thanks again! Give me a link to send you a beer...
These days, ... I won't refuse!
*Thx

https://iptvextra.wixsite.com/iptv-extra