PDA

View Full Version : Avov TVOnline, Mag 25x, iptv servers

lstep
06-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Just ordered an Avov TVOnline from justandroid and have been playing with stalker under Kodi and an Mag 25x emulator on a Fire TV. The Avov seems really nice and simple which is what I wanted. What has me confused is this whole iptv world with its portals and different ways of connecting to servers. Can someone explain to a total newbie just what the iptv servers are. Is there a difference between servers that work with Mag boxes and Avov boxes? Is there some kind of standard for iptv? What exactly is stalker? Are there other things that do the same thing? In the computer world there are different types of streaming and different ways of connecting to servers but ftp or samba or http streaming is pretty well the same no matter what kind of computer or media player you have. Is stalker like smb?

With the Avov box I realize you enter the server 1.iptv... in the url and that gets you to a server. Are there others with different stations and features? How does one know if your box is compatible with a server?

Finally, can the Avov TVOnline act as a DLNA client on a local network?

Thanks and feel free to disregard any completely ridiculous questions!

ls

Marley
06-08-2015, 11:22 PM
no not for the avov tv online box has only url and few apps have not tried dlna on box but has dlna player

lstep
06-15-2015, 07:20 PM
no not for the avov tv online box has only url and few apps have not tried dlna on box but has dlna player

Which dlna player does it have?

Marley
06-15-2015, 08:54 PM
try it and see if it works and tell me in setting -airplay & dlna

lstep
07-04-2015, 10:00 PM
The Avov TVOnline does not have a dlna client but you can cast video to it from a smart device using dlna. Pretty neat actually.

supaman32052
07-05-2015, 12:17 AM
what is dlna in dummy terms?

Capt.Kangaroo
07-05-2015, 01:55 AM
what is dlna in dummy terms?

Read about it here:

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/televisions/article/what-is-dlna