PDA

View Full Version : first look ... EZ Media Player

crazed 9.6
05-13-2019, 03:01 AM
we will be introducing a new sub-forum very soon for this new box.

below are some first pics of this EZ Media Player, thnx goes to NBS for the pics :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pr2rndlmhxbahwv/EZ_pics_1.zip/file

More info and specs to come :)

A new mediafire link has been added (replaced the coded link shown above).
Files have been converted from .png to .jpg
Selected choose pics to be included in the folder and now is half the size :)

More pics with a couple screenshots included....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aua0qxggb22i01l/EZ_pics2.zip

https://www.patriotelectronicsfta.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/EZ-Media-box-2-768x460.jpg

Ryu
05-13-2019, 03:44 AM
cool. thanks NBS and crazed. can not wait to put my hands:).

crazed 9.6
05-13-2019, 03:48 AM
cool. thanks NBS and crazed. can not wait to put my hands:).

I hear tell that Farmer may have something to add as well :)

Ryu
05-13-2019, 03:55 AM
I hear tell that Farmer may have something to add as well :)

Im sure Farmer1 must be thinking of some plans (raffles);). Farmer1 my friend where are you????:) Framer1 is seeding right now but he needs to seed 1 box here in raffle section soon:). im loving it. also, thanks my friend crazed.:cool:

dishuser
05-13-2019, 10:40 AM
got one a week ago
gonna hook it up today

Kimbo
05-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Very nice, thanks Crazed!!

Ryu
05-14-2019, 12:48 AM
"OS Android 7.1
CPU amlogics905x quad core android 7.1
Flash 8 gig spi flash
ddr 2 gig ddr3
Bluetooth
WIFI 2.4G +5G dual band
2 xusb2.0
1 micro sd
spdif optical"

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 12:56 AM
got one a week ago
gonna hook it up today

I got some specs but they were pretty week....
If you have a spec sheet dish, we could sure use it posted. That really is what is holding me up on creating the new sub forum.
That and them pics are huge :eek:
I wanted to get the pics posted/showing on the specs thread here.
I changed them to .jpg from .png , but seems I am having trouble downsizing them.
I will endevour :)

I also did update that mediafire link (shown above) with same pics but in better running order and did decrease the overall size too (removed some pics) :)

About them specs thou, if you got em, please share.
thnx dish :)

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 01:00 AM
"OS Android 7.1
CPU amlogics905x quad core android 7.1
Flash 8 gig spi flash
ddr 8 gig ddr3
Bluetooth
WIFI 2.4G +5G dual band
2 xusb2.0
1 micro sd
spdif optical"

yea, them the ones I got.
pretty weak thou :eek:

And possible mistakes. Look at the 8 gig flash and 8 gig ddr
That part seems it could be incorrect.

Would like to see a specs sheet or copy there of :)

Ryu
05-14-2019, 01:04 AM
check this out may not be clear.

https://ibb.co/6Y99wTt

Ryu
05-14-2019, 01:07 AM
yea, them the ones I got.
pretty weak thou :eek:

And possible mistakes. Look at the 8 gig flash and 8 gig ddr
That part seems it could be incorrect.

Would like to see a specs sheet or copy there of :)

did notice and was wondering same thing :(

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 01:08 AM
check this out may not be clear.

https://ibb.co/6Y99wTt

that's it !!
Thnx RYU :)

A touch bleary but very readable.
I do see that it is 2GB DDR3 and not that 8GB as seen previous :0

Thnx again.
Now we can move forward and onto a new sub-forum :)
good job bud !

Ryu
05-14-2019, 01:11 AM
yup. no worries crazed :) yup its much better lol.

dishuser
05-14-2019, 01:31 AM
it's 2gb ddr3

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 01:46 AM
it's 2gb ddr3

I posted a facsimile of the specs in new EZ forum ... cool thnx :)

I must have made that sub forum into a whole new forum thou cause I can't move posts there... lmao
I will endevour :)

dishuser
05-14-2019, 02:11 AM
I never got a user manual

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 02:34 AM
I never got a user manual

did you get the news on where this 'new' team originated from ?
I know mentioning it will help with some trusted outlook and of course their sales :)
And I did get the 'okay' to mention it... I was waiting for opportune time :)

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 02:55 AM
NBS sent me more pics which I should be able to post here live in action :)
But guys, I been drinking beer. I can not do the needed functions correctly.

Pics are better too, some screenshots too :)

I will fix the forum manager with that category and move this thread into new area and post them pics NBS made sure I had ... but tomorrow :)

Ryu
05-14-2019, 02:57 AM
don't drink and drive:)

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 02:59 AM
and Dish, I been waiting for you to tell us who the team really is.
I could , but I thought I would leave the honor to you.
I asked and NBS did check with the team on this, they said it was okay :)

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 03:06 AM
don't drink and drive:)

exactly :)

dishuser
05-14-2019, 03:07 AM
and Dish, I been waiting for you to tell us who the team really is.
I could , but I thought I would leave the honor to you.
I asked and NBS did check with the team on this, they said it was okay :)
if he said it was okay then it's up to you
I haven't spoke to sean in years...lol

crazed 9.6
05-14-2019, 03:11 AM
if he said it was okay then it's up to you
I haven't spoke to sean in years...lol

okay then... members will have to tune in next week for the goods :)
lmao...

CaptiveWorks

sg2100
05-14-2019, 05:36 PM
Holy smokes ..Did not realize this forum was still active. I jumped back into the pool.
Ez box has been a sweetspot for me the past 3 weeks other than Record option .
Still a work in progress.

Nice to see the crew ....

Ryu
05-14-2019, 06:07 PM
Holy smokes ..Did not realize this forum was still active. I jumped back into the pool.
Ez box has been a sweetspot for me the past 3 weeks other than Record option .
Still a work in progress.

Nice to see the crew ....

looks nice box :)

crazed 9.6
05-16-2019, 11:27 PM
First thing I did was to connect an Ethernet internet connection to the EZ Player.
Then HDMI cable and powered it on.
It opened onto a very basic Launcher screen with only 2 shortcut options.
Settings and Browser.

In the Settings are a few setups to look at , like Ethernet, WiFi, Display, Date/Time, Update and File Manager.
-The Ethernet menu showed my DHCP was on and I was connected (because I did earlier connect that Ethernet first thing).
-The WiFi menu showed all networks in vicinity (which is approx 20 networks) and it did pick up both 2.4g and 5g bands.
-The Display will allow you to change resolution for TV screen fit, Sleep timer and some other important things.
-The Update option seems to only allow local USB updating method, but that could change.
-The File Manger opens up a File Browser, from where you can load apk file or media or documents or pictures and etc.

Okay at this point I decided to load an apk file and thru File Browser (there is also an apkInstaller tool that can be used for this as well).
APK loaded fine. And before I exited that install menu I choose to Open the app,which it did.
I exited out of the app and back onto Launcher screen (Home screen with them 2 shortcuts).
But there was no way to re-open or open any apps I had onboard. So I used the setting button on the remote (just under the LIVE button near the top).
That button opens the Main Settings for the Android device.
I found the APPS shortcut and sure enough my app I had installed was there., along with a bunch of others. But you can't open APPs from there , You can uninstall them or Force Stop them from there, but not open. You can also clear cache in these menus too.

But how to get to the APP and open the APP from main Launcher screen ?

So I went into Android settings (thru the remote Settings button) and Open the Update option and there was an update there waiting, Installed that and it went fine.
But still no Launcher shortcuts except those 2 :(

So I then did the best thing next... I asked NBS :)

And the solution is when you have that Launcher screen open (with the Settings and Browser shortcuts onscreen), enter 12369 on your remote keypad.
Then you will see things change and a setup sequence will start (select language and etc...)
Then the Launcher screen will open and have lots of shortcuts :)
MY app I installed is there too, under the APPs shortcut.
There will be other ways and perhaps better ways to do many functions (like clearing cache and etc) and get to all the menus, once you have the 12369 code entered and all shortcuts will show on Launcher screen :)

You can get to your iptv server setup menus thru the buttons on the remote (LIVE, VOD or TV Series) or thru that Launcher screen and the EZ IPTV app.
Your MAC address for the IPTV app will show here too (it starts with 00:1a:79).
Do not get that confused with the MAC that shows in the Android Settings menu under information (with the same one showing on a stickier on the underside of the box). That one is the manufacture box's MAC and not the IPTV Mac.

Setup is fast and simple, long as you enter that 12369 code at Launcher startup :)

You can always enter the Android settings or launcher Settings at any time, to adjust any setups.

AND remember to open the Android Settings thru your remote's Setting button OR on your Launcher/Home screen there will be an Update option that will work as well, and get that first update that will be there waiting.
frog_update-ota-20190508

Ryu
05-17-2019, 02:25 AM
as usual thanks crazed for detailed review.:)

theone
05-17-2019, 12:44 PM
Thanks Crazed and NBS. As we learned from the Buzz box, this one looks to be a winner as well.

Maestro701
05-18-2019, 07:29 PM
First thing I did was to connect an Ethernet internet connection to the EZ Player.
Then HDMI cable and powered it on.
It opened onto a very basic Launcher screen with only 2 shortcut options.
Settings and Browser.

In the Settings are a few setups to look at , like Ethernet, WiFi, Display, Date/Time, Update and File Manager.
-The Ethernet menu showed my DHCP was on and I was connected (because I did earlier connect that Ethernet first thing).
-The WiFi menu showed all networks in vicinity (which is approx 20 networks) and it did pick up both 2.4g and 5g bands.
-The Display will allow you to change resolution for TV screen fit, Sleep timer and some other important things.
-The Update option seems to only allow local USB updating method, but that could change.
-The File Manger opens up a File Browser, from where you can load apk file or media or documents or pictures and etc.

Okay at this point I decided to load an apk file and thru File Browser (there is also an apkInstaller tool that can be used for this as well).
APK loaded fine. And before I exited that install menu I choose to Open the app,which it did.
I exited out of the app and back onto Launcher screen (Home screen with them 2 shortcuts).
But there was no way to re-open or open any apps I had onboard. So I used the setting button on the remote (just under the LIVE button near the top).
That button opens the Main Settings for the Android device.
I found the APPS shortcut and sure enough my app I had installed was there., along with a bunch of others. But you can't open APPs from there , You can uninstall them or Force Stop them from there, but not open. You can also clear cache in these menus too.

But how to get to the APP and open the APP from main Launcher screen ?

So I went into Android settings (thru the remote Settings button) and Open the Update option and there was an update there waiting, Installed that and it went fine.
But still no Launcher shortcuts except those 2 :(

So I then did the best thing next... I asked NBS :)

And the solution is when you have that Launcher screen open (with the Settings and Browser shortcuts onscreen), enter 12369 on your remote keypad.
Then you will see things change and a setup sequence will start (select language and etc...)
Then the Launcher screen will open and have lots of shortcuts :)
MY app I installed is there too, under the APPs shortcut.
There will be other ways and perhaps better ways to do many functions (like clearing cache and etc) and get to all the menus, once you have the 12369 code entered and all shortcuts will show on Launcher screen :)

You can get to your iptv server setup menus thru the buttons on the remote (LIVE, VOD or TV Series) or thru that Launcher screen and the EZ IPTV app.
Your MAC address for the IPTV app will show here too (it starts with 00:1a:79).
Do not get that confused with the MAC that shows in the Android Settings menu under information (with the same one showing on a stickier on the underside of the box). That one is the manufacture box's MAC and not the IPTV Mac.

Setup is fast and simple, long as you enter that 12369 code at Launcher startup :)

You can always enter the Android settings or launcher Settings at any time, to adjust any setups.

AND remember to open the Android Settings thru your remote's Setting button OR on your Launcher/Home screen there will be an Update option that will work as well, and get that first update that will be there waiting.
frog_update-ota-20190508

Thanks for this review....

theone
05-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Looks different then all the others. Looks nice. I will be testing the ATSC on this baby and will post my findings as well.

xayoz
05-21-2019, 12:06 PM
looks like this will stand up well next to the other current big players

theone
05-23-2019, 10:09 PM
Testing EZ Media at this time and so far looks good. Noticed the Modbro app works very nicely with this box unlike others, the picture seems to lag but not EZ. Picture looks really nice and the iptv layout is nice. Going to test the OTA side of this box. Setup was simple if you follow Crazed's post http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?40755-EZ-Media-PLayer-setup. Overall a nice box with really good picture quality. Need some more time to test other stuff but so far so good.

theuduk
05-25-2019, 12:28 AM
Had a problem getting the Wi-Fi to connect except for a few flash connections, did a quick check of the wire hookup and found the HDMI that was an old install was faulty the correct HDMI worked well as I expected.
the Mobro apps I checked had good definition and no flicker, lots more to check in days ahead.

theuduk
05-25-2019, 11:00 AM
Once I got used to the EZ layout found it simple to use and the resulting video was very good including such
Mobro-CP24, did update the Kodi 17.2 to 18.1 from the store.
This EZ should satisfy the needs of those who obtain one.

theone
05-25-2019, 01:04 PM
Once I got used to the EZ layout found it simple to use and the resulting video was very good including such
Mobro-CP24, did update the Kodi 17.2 to 18.1 from the store.
This EZ should satisfy the needs of those who obtain one.

Agree bro but one thing i found lacking is the Remote, you have to aim right at the box but that doesn't surprise me since most if not all remotes have this issue but overall a really good box, almost as good and clear as my Nvedia. I would recommend this box highly.

Marley
05-25-2019, 03:47 PM
question dont 18.1 have all bugs need go to 18.2 or am i wrong on this

theuduk
05-25-2019, 05:23 PM
question dont 18.1 have all bugs need go to 18.2 or am i wrong on this

Ran 18.1 for quite a while on two other boxes without issues before changing to 18.2 did not notice any difference
Reason for putting 18.1 on is because that was in the store will upgrade before long.

theuduk
05-27-2019, 01:34 PM
Agree bro but one thing i found lacking is the Remote, you have to aim right at the box .
Well I found the aim on thr remote was very good until later when the whole box seemed slow, left it on Sun. afternoon without watching for about 8 hrs on Utube music pressed OK to check what is on and it froze could not get anything to go until a reboot then was good could point anywhere in bedroom and EZ would piick it up and still good this morning,

trainee
05-28-2019, 12:48 AM
is the mac address fixed in the live tv or can it be changed like on the buzz box?

dishuser
05-28-2019, 01:16 AM
is the mac address fixed in the live tv or can it be changed like on the buzz box?

it can't be changed