PDA

View Full Version : IPTV box with best picture quality

barney1
04-19-2019, 02:18 PM
I am in the market for another IPTV box. I currently own Dreamlink T1. Feedback appreciated for a box that has the best picture quality.

crazed 9.6
04-19-2019, 05:50 PM
best picture quality is something that would be hard to define.
Most all these Android/iptv boxes have the specs for great picture quality. And there are other factors involved with pic quality besides the box itself.

Other criteria should be looked at.

Shooty
04-20-2019, 03:58 PM
STB's have many factors that affect picture quality.
-The app being used, must have proper interface coding to properly facilitate all features of your graphics co-processor and video codecs.
(if HW decoding is not interfaced properly, Software algorithms are performed by the main CPU cores, to decode the video.(slow and poor outcome))
-Usable Ram resources must be more than what's required by the Video process.
(If the OS, App's running etc., use too much memory, the video process will be affected in many ways)

I use an H96Max Android STB, using Rockchip SOC.
It integrates dual-core Cortex-A72and quad-core Cortex-A53 with separate NEON coprocessor.It also integrates Mali T860 MP4 GPU.
It has 4G Ram and 32G Storage.
- $120.00

If possible, I always use MX Player as my main "external" player.
MX Player has loadable Codecs for most co-processors, so I install the ARM- NEON Codec, for my STB.

Ryu
04-20-2019, 04:19 PM
iptv provider is the most important for me. I have tried many servers and most carry way too many channels, mostly foreign, double, triple channels, overloaded, freezing, choppy, picture not that great and expensive as well. Im telling this based on my own experience, use multiple services at a time with so many different kind of boxes.:)
iptvprivateserver, rocket, and iptv66 carry pretty decent, quality line up, great picture, much stable server and most important is the price which you can not beat and loyal service.
I would just invest in box that has at least 2 or 3 gb ram, maximum hard drive support for dvr, nice dual band wifi if needed to be connected wireless, bluetooth support for air mouse...etc nd get one of above server and you good to go.:)

Dodgeit1
04-20-2019, 05:12 PM
iptv provider is the most important for me. I have tried many servers and most carry way too many channels, mostly foreign, double, triple channels, overloaded, freezing, choppy, picture not that great and expensive as well. Im telling this based on my own experience, use multiple services at a time with so many different kind of boxes.:)
iptvprivateserver, rocket, and iptv66 carry pretty decent, quality line up, great picture, much stable server and most important is the price which you can not beat and loyal service.
I would just invest in box that has at least 2 or 3 gb ram, maximum hard drive support for dvr, nice dual band wifi if needed to be connected wireless, bluetooth support for air mouse...etc nd get one of above server and you good to go.:)You got that right.Having so many channels drives me crazy then they are moved all the time.So whenever you want to watch your praying the channel is in the same spot.Here they are always in the same spot basically and almost match where the provider would have them(number wise).

laman4five
04-20-2019, 05:46 PM
I am in the market for another IPTV box. I currently own Dreamlink T1. Feedback appreciated for a box that has the best picture quality.

I'd recommend Amazon Firestick 4K. Has fullest range of Codecs. Price is most often $40. I use Kodi 18.2 and Perfect Player, Amazon Prime, and Netflix and get full resolution. Also most help and tips, This stick, 2018 is the latest. Get a mini handheld keyboard/bluetooth for ~$20 with box. Most support from Amazon and users hxxps://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv xx=tt. You will see much support right on this forum.

My MX10 takes software modification to get Kodi 18.2. Netflix app that is compatible will not give 4K videos. Amazon Prime only older version work. Works with Perfect Player OK. Plus for this box is it is 64 bit, faster memory and larger storage. Kodi flys on this box. Keyboard with 2.4 dongle, ~$12. Don't buy unless you are comfortable using Android.

MX III 4k, an older box has only 1g/8g memory is is compatible with mentioned apps. Keyboard 2.4 or bluetooth. It is rooted.

If you have $ to spend, Nvidia Shield is BEST. Get if you play action games.

I mention 4K because is it coming. The PPV here already has 1 4K movie.

barney1
04-21-2019, 03:12 PM
Anybody tried Global Media Box. How is the picture quality on this compared to Buzz or Dreamlink?

dishuser
04-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Anybody tried Global Media Box. How is the picture quality on this compared to Buzz or Dreamlink?

it's much better

4me2c
04-21-2019, 04:35 PM
Alot of the Picture Quality also comes from what One is Watching(TV)...!

dishuser
04-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Alot of the Picture Quality also comes from what One is Watching(TV)...!

and the global beats both
although the features aren't as great

Marley
04-22-2019, 03:22 PM
the truth is for money a pc is best but i paid thousand to get great picture but dont use it for that really like my buzz and dreamlink boxes and it up to you what kind of tv you have at home too and what you watch me its 4k and both do great job get buzz and oled tv thats great picture really up to you

Jagstyles
05-20-2019, 02:37 PM
What about using a Smart TV that has all these apps already built-in? For example, I have a Sony Bravia TV with Android built-in where I can install Kodi, Perfect Player and tons of other IPTV software right on my TV. Would this be superior or inferior to running a dedicated box?

Marley
05-20-2019, 05:18 PM
me i still get box but thats up to you do you have 900f

Deadwood
06-20-2020, 07:55 PM

There are just too many boxes out there with similar specs and picture quality is sometimes limited to the box, the signal quality, the android device and the monitor or television. For example, I use several different boxes but none will provide the best of everything as your internet provider also plays a part on what you get via the service you chose to get. Some restrict bandwidth if and when the maximum has been reached. If you want some specs on which to shop for a box, look for the most amount of memory with the latest type of memory, the best and highest graphics with the best reviews from as many sources as you can find. I would strongly recommend you don't buy a box which has allows the manufacturer to push software updates as it can limit what you get after you buy it. If you don't want to take the time to read reviews, you will have to accept whatever you get and blame the one who made the decision to buy it.

I'd start with 4gbs of ram, 32gbs or rom, 4K graphics and reading reviews on any and all boxes with these specs or higher. If the boxes fail to impress, try looking at all Android devices with a focus on Android 9.0 or higher as a device may just turn out to be the right choice as some people think a Smart Tv with an Android system and added software works well enough for them.

bingoz
09-02-2020, 08:47 PM
What about using a Smart TV that has all these apps already built-in? For example, I have a Sony Bravia TV with Android built-in where I can install Kodi, Perfect Player and tons of other IPTV software right on my TV. Would this be superior or inferior to running a dedicated box?

Depends on what hardware the smart tv is using.... chipset.?..Ram ?...processor ? .........Could be very slow compared to a good Android Box ....

bingoz
09-02-2020, 09:11 PM
Did not realize how old this thread was..........Oh Well.......................I've wasted more time in my life watching grass grow............

4me2c
09-02-2020, 09:44 PM
Did not realize how old this thread was..........Oh Well.......................I've wasted more time in my life watching grass grow............

Is THAT easier than watching Paint Dry...!!!

Only Reason this Thread was Used was by a Spammer which was Removed...!!!