PDA

View Full Version : troubleshooting help

roadrunneric
06-07-2015, 05:06 AM
my unit is giving me black screen on both hdmi ports. was working fine. i put my 254 on the same hdmi cord and have pic. i put the avov were the 254 was and have no pic. so im sure its in the avov box. any ideas?

Marley
06-07-2015, 06:02 AM
yea in tv setting change to 1080p 60 hz or lower try that like 720p 60 hz on the tv input you are using and maybe you are using the dvi input in not main one thats out dont us the two left ones thats in only

roadrunneric
06-07-2015, 04:41 PM
i confirmed that i have the hdmi connected to the connector on the right rear of the box that has the external protrusion from it that says (tv-out) none of my televisions have the ability to change what is coming in as far p or i or 720 or 1080. it is what it is...point being it was working...this is not a new installation. i have 2 tvs and both are working with the 254 bur neither will even give me a menue with the avov. one thing i do not like is the power button situation on the remote for the avov. you push tv 1 and 2 (on remote)in and you get a light on the front on the box that indicates what just changed. when you hit the stb button all lights on the front of the box go out power button on stb does nothing. is this normal for this box or is this condition related to my problem? thanks

if i plug my 254 output into my avov input 1 or 2 should i be able to attempt a pic from the different source?

i also see a hole on the back of the box that says restore under it...is sticking a pin in that hole a smart thing to try? (yet)

i dont think there is suposed to be a protrusion on the out plug????..hmmm perhaps my hdmi plug has an issue ( piece missing)

that was it....a small piece of my hdmi plug was stuck in the stb. pulled it out with a paper clip and replaced the hdmi cord...and now...on with the show...thanks

crazed 9.6
06-07-2015, 04:49 PM
when exiting the input 1 or 2 and pushing the STB button, the green power light should come on and stay on. It's in STB mode automatically when powered on, that changes only by using the input1 or 2 functions. DV1 or DV2 red light will go out once outta them modes and into normal STB operation (STB mode).

Maybe open a ticket at avov.tv and explain the situation. Give them as much information on the issue as possible , that helps them and you tremendously :)

roadrunneric
06-07-2015, 04:58 PM
thannks...i have a pic now but my box is stuck on the AVOV load screen. i think i have only one option for this (the reset button)? i will contact them about the no green light.

roadrunneric
06-07-2015, 05:20 PM
reset button did not help. i started a ticket on the avov.. now i cannot get a pic off of my 254. i hooked my fta up to the line to check it and it has pic. they seriously need to add a second video option so you have something else besides hdmi for these situations. you cant fix anything if you cannot get to the menu. wiggled the power cord on the 254 its back up...cheezy! what a disaster unpluging one of these can become. both of them! FRAGILE

crazed 9.6
06-07-2015, 05:31 PM
disconnect and reconnect the power cable when the avov is not booting up correctly

roadrunneric
06-07-2015, 05:53 PM
thanks. the peeps there seem very forwardly eager to help from everything i have heard. I sure am hoping this is not going to take all the time it takes to make a trip back threw customs twice more. I may get a response in about 7 hrs soonest. i think its 4am monday morning there now. sunday noon here. i will update this when i here back from them so if anyone else has this issue they roughly know what to expect. thanks again guys.

keegan6975
06-07-2015, 08:39 PM
thanks. the peeps there seem very forwardly eager to help from everything i have heard. I sure am hoping this is not going to take all the time it takes to make a trip back threw customs twice more. I may get a response in about 7 hrs soonest. i think its 4am monday morning there now. sunday noon here. i will update this when i here back from them so if anyone else has this issue they roughly know what to expect. thanks again guys.

U wont have to send it back to avov/china. they will ask u where u live and they have repair shops in canada and usa,

roadrunneric
06-16-2015, 11:11 PM
that would have been nice...i live in the us and they are having me send it to canada. shipping is almost 30 dollars with customs fees. i only bought it 28 days ago. i wish i would have stood tall and demanded a refund. i wish i would not have bought this box. it costs twice as much as a 254 but does not back it up. the apps are few and far between. i should have waited to see if google store becomes compatible before i made the purchase.

roadrunneric
06-17-2015, 11:20 PM
so i get home from work today and check my messages and its held up in customs because they need to know if it is being shipped back after repairs. OMG!

Marley
06-18-2015, 01:02 AM
what it cost me 13 dollars to send it from usa to canada my avov1 for repairs no hold too on way back a day hold

Marley
06-18-2015, 04:41 AM
you know it all how you word what the box is all i said was it was to get internet to go canada but like most don't know what to say on shipping slip

Lowteck
06-18-2015, 06:50 PM
I had to send a TVOnline to canada and I used the US mail. The cost was not near as much and got just as fast of service as other senders.

roadrunneric
06-19-2015, 04:51 AM
ladin 1 cable box return for repairs. ups 25.25 usps 30.12 both usd. ship from usa to canada. not only did they hold it..they would not release it until i called them. add to that i only declared its value at 100 usd.

crazed 9.6
06-19-2015, 04:55 AM
ladin 1 cable box return for repairs. ups 25.25 usps 30.12 both usd. ship from usa to canada. not only did they hold it..they would not release it until i called them.

i don't know if this is place to talk aboutt this, kinda jacking a thread.. but wait a waiting a delivery send, sat at border all that time.. sat there :(
Then, walaa it delivered... 1.6 years and 18 months later :(

Marley
06-19-2015, 05:03 AM
see that word ladin 1 cable box return for repairs thats what got you happen to me like 11 yrs ago with my dreambox 7000 they had my box for 4 months and had pay like 50 dollars to company so they could get it never again will i say repair

a-team
06-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Geez that is annoying... Get in contact with the shipping provider to sort it out. Shipping is always the biggest headache for some reason.