PDA

View Full Version : MAG 254 shuts down suddenly

frankglo
02-01-2019, 10:51 AM
I have been using a MAG 254 IPTV box for a few years now.
Lately, I find that it cuts off suddenly, all by itself, as if you turn off the box. Then I will have to put it on again, using the remote.

Another problem when I am going through the channel list of programs, and the small screen to the right comes up, and again press the OK to enlarge the screen, sometimes it goes black for a few seconds, and comes back up.

I tried resetting the box from the Inner Portal, and rebooting etc to see whether that would help solve the issue, but it does not.

How can I solve the issue?

mrmagoo62
02-03-2019, 04:56 PM
I have been away the last two weeks come home Friday and am having the same problem, 254 goes to black screen and remote doesn't work, i have to hard boot, it comes back up but after a while it does the same thing, thanks for your initial post because i thought the box was bagging out.

frankglo
02-07-2019, 12:58 PM
If you can PM me, if that is possible at all, I will give you the information that the agents, Infomir, gave me.
Very long and detailed

4me2c
02-07-2019, 01:35 PM
Can You post a Shorter Version if it pertains too the Symptoms that You encounter...?!?

mrmagoo62
03-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Sorry i didnt follow up on this post, shortly after posting the aforementioned prob stopped occurring, maybe it was a temporary glitch, all seems to be working normal now.

androidblack
03-01-2019, 04:36 PM
I have similar problem!when i turn on tv,than try to turn on mag,the remote won't work.I have to unplug and plug box and than it works.

frankglo
05-20-2019, 08:52 PM
I finally found the information Infomir sent me when I emailed them about MAG 254 box shutting down suddenly.
And when it does that, I take the remote and put it back on. It does not behave like that all the time, but what Infomir sent me was all about the Bootloader menu, and how to get there, and what to do.
The truth is that it looked complicated, it is complicated, and there is a warning about going there if you do not know what you are going. But I am willing to share the information from Infomir if you PM me

dishuser
05-21-2019, 12:58 AM
I finally found the information Infomir sent me when I emailed them about MAG 254 box shutting down suddenly.
And when it does that, I take the remote and put it back on. It does not behave like that all the time, but what Infomir sent me was all about the Bootloader menu, and how to get there, and what to do.
The truth is that it looked complicated, it is complicated, and there is a warning about going there if you do not know what you are going. But I am willing to share the information from Infomir if you PM meis it this?

https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/set-top-box/stb-linux-webkit/mag250-254-270/bootloader-menu

frankglo
05-21-2019, 01:39 PM
Yes, that's it.

dishuser
05-22-2019, 03:36 AM
see how easy it was to share?

SKULL
09-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Hello guys i try to update my mag 254 and it didn't come back on the screen it shows no signal but blue lights still in the box and the works fine but norhing on tv. Any help pl.