PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth Requirements

BIO
11-21-2014, 07:52 PM
I don't know what the requirements for full time streaming is. I currently average @ 4gb a day streaming movies and shows. Could someone streaming live daily chime in a quick average for hourly or daily about hd and sd usage?
I don't have a limit and already raised my package to "up to" 14/1.2 for download and upload respectively. Should be good for speed except maybe high traffic hours. Just curious of what to expect- especially when the kids are at it online too...

Marley
11-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Internet Connection Speed Recommendations

Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.

0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality

BIO
11-22-2014, 01:12 AM
Thanks asft
Yeah, I stream now- but haven't used netflix in a couple years. Just curious what the internet demand is for live streaming. Downloading already aired shows allows the stb to cache the connection but live will be missing parts of the shows if it stops to cache.

Marley
11-22-2014, 03:56 PM
many ways to fix that and may be different with mag

theuduk
11-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Notice on the avov and xbmc android that weekend evenings are bad for connections, could be my end or IP or server or combo of those will have to see how the IPTV compares.

Marley
11-22-2014, 04:31 PM
when that happens do a speed test and see if your slowing down but don't think so avov you cant do anything but change server which most are no good anyhow xbmc you can add hard drive and send the cache to that if you have slow internet

Marley
11-22-2014, 04:40 PM
now avov should run great when we change over

theone
11-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Notice on the avov and xbmc android that weekend evenings are bad for connections, could be my end or IP or server or combo of those will have to see how the IPTV compares.

I am having the same problem. I noticed during the day when I watch stuff on XBMC, there is no buffering what so ever then at night it gets worse.

FTAN00B
11-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Internet Connection Speed Recommendations

Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.

0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality

nice, hope IPTV will have Ultra HD quality tv channels too :D

moronta
11-27-2014, 12:30 AM
nice, hope IPTV will have Ultra HD quality tv channels too :D

IPTV going to be 720p the resolution for HD channels.

inter97
12-17-2014, 10:32 PM
That's nice.

date
12-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Also you can always download the movie to your usb drive or a file on your desktop first then you know like this you can watch it without any buffering, although I would agree with you guys usually it's fine watchable without any problem.

inter97
12-19-2014, 05:43 AM
For watching hd channels what would be the best speed?

K00lKatT
12-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Please read..your questions are answered here...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?44-Upcoming-IPTV-FAQ