PDA

View Full Version : Confuse user

blue fly
06-05-2015, 03:34 PM
HI GUYS .[3] Questions . What are the differences between [1] IPTV STALKER .[2] PVR SIMPLE CLIENT. [3] PVR STALKER. Thank you all

keep it in one thread please no all over the place

Ipguy
06-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Pvr stalker is an iptv client use in kodi

Iptv stalker is an stb app use for viewing iptv

Pvr simple client is a different brand of iptv client use in kodi

dara
06-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Not quite Ipguy...

In Kodi, there are two basic ways of watching video streams, either through a Video addon, or through a PVR client. The video addon's are what you see in most skins as Video, and offer menus of channels to select from, usually from different providers via server. PVR clients are seen from the TV tab, and what they do is access video from backend servers, but is designed to look and act like accessing channels from a stand alone box. All three of the methods can access the NFPS service, but do it in different ways.

1. IPTV Stalker - This is a video addon (plugin.video.stalker), that is coded to access Stalker middleware that allows access to the server. Channels appear in group lists as designated by the sever. This is the easiest way to access NFPS on Kodi, but does not provide an Electronic Program Guide, or EPG or the potential of recording channels. It does serve channels as an internal m3u, which can be seen by different network video players like VLC or Kodi PVRs

2. PVR IPTV Simple Client - This is a PVR client that is used by the TV function on Kodi. It's called 'simple' as it uses m3u lists to show channels. You can configure the PVR IPTV Simple Client to access NFPS with an EPG, if you use IPTV Stalker to serve channels, and an external xmltv list for the EPG.

3. PVR Stalker (Stalker Client) - Also another PVR client but is coded to work with the Stalker middleware directly. Ideally, all you need is to configure access to the NFPS Stalker middleware to get channels, and their EPG. You can also use a custom external xmltv list.

Keep reading and searching the threads for how to use these methods.
Both PVRs are available as built-ins on new beta versions of Kodi. All three methods are considered 'testing' because we don't know for sure, but are confident that it will work when the service goes pay.

blue fly
06-05-2015, 04:56 PM
thank you Dara

blue fly
06-05-2015, 05:11 PM
THANK YOU DARA ,but in the live tv section I am getting all the epg and channel list with the name of the picture but only some sports ,some adults and French german and others ARE SHOWING .BUT not cnn or hbo or any movies channels. WHY is this . Any how thank you very much

dara
06-05-2015, 05:19 PM
THANK YOU DARA ,but in the live tv section I am getting all the epg and channel list with the name of the picture but only some sports ,some adults and French german and others ARE SHOWING .BUT not cnn or hbo or any movies channels. WHY is this . Any how thank you very much

Which PVR method are you using... Simple or Stalker? Are you using an external xml list if you are using PVR.Stalker? And have you recently reset the guide/epg database? NFPS only provides a partial EPG for now, but if you are using the psycon xmltv, you may need to reset the guide to update the data.

blue fly
06-05-2015, 06:04 PM
my problem I am a novice. I AM using the simple client version 1.9.3 with localhost 8899 portal =1 .epg xmltv url is http is.gd /nfpsf and with ivue guide I am getting the guide with channels and picture. With IPTV STALKER version 1.0.18 url is portal.iptv privateserver.tv . I AM GETTING ALL THE IPTV STALKER CHANNELS WITH ICON and picture. LIVE TV SEEM TO THE TRICKY PART.

dara
06-05-2015, 08:39 PM
my problem I am a novice. I AM using the simple client version 1.9.3 with localhost 8899 portal =1 .epg xmltv url is http is.gd /nfpsf and with ivue guide I am getting the guide with channels and picture. With IPTV STALKER version 1.0.18 url is portal.iptv privateserver.tv . I AM GETTING ALL THE IPTV STALKER CHANNELS WITH ICON and picture. LIVE TV SEEM TO THE TRICKY PART.

I'm going to stick with the bolded part as everything else is not relevant, and it works.

For "Live TV" and the PVR simple client, make sure the epg xmltv is

http://is.gd/NFPSF

The url is case-sensitive. After fixing that on the simple client, do this (and anytime you are making a mod to it)

1. Ensure that the Simple Client is the only PVR client enabled (others may work with this, but adding others makes it hard to troubleshoot)
2. On the Live TV, change Enable to Off (you are disabling all Live TV functions)
3. From the Guide tab, reset the EPG/guide
4. From the General tab, reset the PVR database
5. Set Enable to On. You may be prompted to enable a PVR, so just re-enable IPTV PVR Simple Client.

You should see channels loading and a complete guide, if it has been refreshed recently by psycon. If you get a 'channels failed to load' or the Live TV still doesn't start, go to IPTV Stalker settings, and in the M3U Server settings, click on Start ... you should see that it is already started, or it will start. Also if you exit Kodi, to use Live TV again, you may have to disable-enable the Live TV from that menu to get things going. Be patient, this doens't happen automatically.

I can't think of anything else that could be of help, so if it doesn't work for you, leave it alone and enjoy the Ivue method for seeing a guide.

blue fly
06-05-2015, 11:27 PM
Thank you Dara. I am up and running. The difficulties of life are to make us better and wiser.