PDA

View Full Version : An end to /kens EPG?

12-09-2018, 11:19 PM
Perhaps I’ve missed a post about this but I noticed in the program description from /kens guide data a message “*As of 12/28/18 - Use Provider/Alternate guide*” I am presuming this to mean /kens will not be making this available after this date? If so, thanks so much /kens for the great work on this EPG data, hopefully the service provider will pick it up to keep it going.

Waylotul
12-10-2018, 01:24 AM
I did see this however, I have also seen this

thread about EPG-Guide-Source-Expires-Dec-18th"

Either way I really hope this is not going away, there are a couple boxes running with Kens EPG and pray it don't break them. Just gave them to family.

12-10-2018, 02:22 PM
I did see this however, I have also seen this

thread about EPG-Guide-Source-Expires-Dec-18th"

Either way I really hope this is not going away, there are a couple boxes running with Kens EPG and pray it don't break them. Just gave them to family.

That was an old thread from last year, this is a new message.

tony2008
12-10-2018, 05:47 PM
It seems you did not read the information that Ken's that he was asking for donations all last week on all the android devices just like you read the information that was ending. It is more like December 28, 2018. When you are reading his last years, which is about right when scheduled direct has expired. We all take for granted the great work that Ken's does with his EPG that includes me to $10.00 is not too much with all the people that are using this service,you can Count on the provider.They do not have a very good record keeping up the EPG Ken's guide is easy to use and we need to step up and get this going for another year.

kens
12-10-2018, 07:28 PM
that is my expiry date ??? Good guess!
If anyone would like to take it over, I will pass on all files & customizing instructions.
/kens

12-10-2018, 08:43 PM
that is my expiry date ??? Good guess!
If anyone would like to take it over, I will pass on all files & customizing instructions.
/kens
Totally understand @/kens, thank you so much for the time and effort that has been put into this. Hugely appreciated!
@crazed7.2 - perhaps this is a great time for the provider to adopt this as their epg datafile since the one they offer is less than par, at least the last time I tired it. Any chance to send this up the food chain for consideration? Losing this guide data will be a big setback for the service imo.

crazed 9.6
12-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Totally understand @/kens, thank you so much for the time and effort that has been put into this. Hugely appreciated!
@crazed7.2 - perhaps this is a great time for the provider to adopt this as their epg datafile since the one they offer is less than par, at least the last time I tired it. Any chance to send this up the food chain for consideration? Losing this guide data will be a big setback for the service imo.

am looking into this... I do not know just how yet but I am investigating possibilities.

12-11-2018, 01:10 AM
:) Thx Crazed

12-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Any update on EPG future? I saw recently that the message had changed to asking for support and the cutoff date of Dec 28 was gone. Today it is saying that “provider support has ended” What does this actually mean? It is supported, it’s not supported and why doesn’t the provider actually supply an EPG to the members like what /kens has worked so hard on?

kens
12-23-2018, 08:59 PM
Any update on EPG future? I saw recently that the message had changed to asking for support and the cutoff date of Dec 28 was gone. Today it is saying that “provider support has ended” What does this actually mean? It is supported, it’s not supported and why doesn’t the provider actually supply an EPG to the members like what /kens has worked so hard on?

Provider was covering my costs + a little extra.
That has stopped now ???

I will be continuing the guide as long as I get a little support from users of the guide.
And yes, you should have had a provider guide, but the providers guide was out of wack, and was set up for Stalker devices,
Since playlist access started, there has not been a guide source, which is why I made one.

Since I started asking for Donations (~2 weeks), received 10 donations.
/kens

12-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Thx for clarifying /kens....I really appreciate your work, having said that it really shouldn’t be up to you or anyone else to supplement the service’s shortcomings for free nor should customers be expected to pay extra for another members efforts to provide what should be a basic component to this service..guess we’ll see how this plays out....thx again and all the best in the New Year.

vtaylor1229
12-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Provider was covering my costs + a little extra.
That has stopped now ???

I will be continuing the guide as long as I get a little support from users of the guide.
And yes, you should have had a provider guide, but the providers guide was out of wack, and was set up for Stalker devices,
Since playlist access started, there has not been a guide source, which is why I made one.

Since I started asking for Donations (~2 weeks), received 10 donations.
/kens

Kens, thanks for your GREAT efforts in so many areas of this hobby. It would be a pity and a great loss if you should leave and an effort should be made by all users of your work to ensure that this does not happen. What level of "support" is needed? What would be a useful "contribution" for us to make on an individual level for your present arrangements and for your work to continue? Us peeps are quite grateful for and dependent on the very useful inputs you have been making here.

kens
12-26-2018, 08:27 PM
Kens, thanks for your GREAT efforts in so many areas of this hobby. It would be a pity and a great loss if you should leave and an effort should be made by all users of your work to ensure that this does not happen. What level of "support" is needed? What would be a useful "contribution" for us to make on an individual level for your present arrangements and for your work to continue? Us peeps are quite grateful for and dependent on the very useful inputs you have been making here.

I appreciate the "appreciation". Thanks!

I once suggested to the Providers, (they asked me the same question), that $1.00 per user/ per year, would be an easy guideline to use.
That was refused as too much. (I did not know, and still don't, the user base).Will continue this later, sorry.
/kens

12-26-2018, 10:42 PM
I appreciate the "appreciation". Thanks!

I once suggested to the Providers, (they asked me the same question), that $1.00 per user/ per year, would be an easy guideline to use.
That was refused as too much. (I did not know, and still don't, the user base).Will continue this later, sorry.
/kens

That is a real disappointment to hear this type of response from the powers that be. If they dont want to pay you a lousy buck a user and make it their offical epg or at least take it on and maintain it themselves and would rather not have one to offer their customers...well...best I not say anything more....:(

vtaylor1229
12-27-2018, 01:43 PM
That is a real disappointment to hear this type of response from the powers that be. If they dont want to pay you a lousy buck a user and make it their offical epg or at least take it on and maintain it themselves and would rather not have one to offer their customers...well...best I not say anything more....:(

If the providerrs do not want to pay the $1 per person, I as one the users of kens great work would not object too strongly to paying this $1 more in my contribution. Howeverr I cannot speak for others in this regard. I do not know the business arrangemets here so I cannot make any informed proposal and neither am I trying to criticize anyone about the matter. As a user of this service I simply feel that kens is a wonderful asset and we should try to help continue his work here.

kens
12-27-2018, 07:52 PM
If the providerrs do not want to pay the $1 per person, I as one the users of kens great work would not object too strongly to paying this $1 more in my contribution. Howeverr I cannot speak for others in this regard. I do not know the business arrangemets here so I cannot make any informed proposal and neither am I trying to criticize anyone about the matter. As a user of this service I simply feel that kens is a wonderful asset and we should try to help continue his work here.

To continue my previous Post, (sorry, had to run!), since I Host all my "stuff", I now see why $1/user is too much.
- 5200 users downloaded my Perfect Player tutorial video.
- 5400 users downloaded my PotatoTV tutorial video.
- 1900 downloads of 1st version of IPTVXtra for Kodi.
- 1750 downloads of my Kodi Repository for IPTVXtra v2.2 w/MediaInfo.
- TV/ VOD misc. templates - >1000.

Not counting other Apps for m3u playlists, rough estimate for above is 10,000+, using programs or apps that are not using Stalker(Mac#) authentication.
Then there are the legacy users (MAG's, stb emu's, DL's etc). Unknown user base, but I assume it to be greater than playlist users.

So I agree the $1/user is way too much.

Not to ignore the other side of the argument, the Providers guide is now a usable source(EPG time offset problem fixed).
They need to tweak it a little so it can be used in "all" applications (I told them what's wrong ("& it's still wrong!")).

So, I will continue to ask users for donations.

I thank all that have contributed so far.
Your EPG will continue for the next year for sure.
If the Support does not improve, I may have to send you new links, but I have faith.

BTW, donation count after 3 weeks, ...13.
Happy Holidays
/kens

vtaylor1229
12-29-2018, 06:48 PM
What a Christmas present! Thanks kens for your most unselfish gesture and for coming through for us.