PDA

View Full Version : Reconnecting my jynxbox

Sam56
12-07-2018, 04:27 AM
Greetings from Aguadilla PR

Forgive me for bothering every one here but I need help from someone in the room who knows a little bit more about new accounts than me. Long story short, I have a premium jynxbox HD (jynxbox 23 or 24) that for 5 years was connected to a sever that seems to recently shut down. I've been like 5 days without TVs trying to get my box running. Do anyone have any recommendation to give me to reconnect my box again???

Thanks in advance

crazed 9.6
12-07-2018, 05:22 AM

Forgive me for bothering every one here but I need help from someone in the room who knows a little bit more about new accounts than me. Long story short, I have a premium jynxbox HD (jynxbox 23 or 24) that for 5 years was connected to a sever that seems to recently shut down. I've been like 5 days without TVs trying to get my box running. Do anyone have any recommendation to give me to reconnect my box again???

Thanks in advance

Is this jynxbox an Android Jynxbox, or is it strickly a satellite (fta) Jynxbox ?
Sounds like a satalite box from what you describe.

Sam56
12-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the replay and yes is a satalite (fta) box. As I mentioned at the beginning, I had time with this box and since it worked well I did not worry but if I am obsolete with this and there is something better to watch live tv. any guidance on the subject will be well appreciated.

4wheelin
12-07-2018, 02:58 PM
dreamlink has nice recievers along with buzz box ,both are worth looking into.

floder2
12-07-2018, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the replay and yes is a satalite (fta) box. As I mentioned at the beginning, I had time with this box and since it worked well I did not worry but if I am obsolete with this and there is something better to watch live tv. any guidance on the subject will be well appreciated.

You can read about the boxes 4wheelin mentioned here...............

http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?107-Dreamlink-IPTV-Kodi

http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?163-BuzzTV-Box

4me2c
12-07-2018, 10:31 PM

Forgive me for bothering every one here but I need help from someone in the room who knows a little bit more about new accounts than me. Long story short, I have a premium jynxbox HD (jynxbox 23 or 24) that for 5 years was connected to a (server) that seems to recently shut down. I've been like 5 days without TVs trying to get my box running. Do anyone have any recommendation to give me to reconnect my box again???

Thanks in advance

I don't have one, nor the Manual to one, but if You were connected to a Server before You just may be able to Connect to one of the services offered at this site...! Maybe someone will come along and shed some more light on this for You...! Keep Your fingers crossed...!

dishuser
12-07-2018, 10:39 PM
I don't have one, nor the Manual to one, but if You were connected to a Server before You just may be able to Connect to one of the services offered at this site...! Maybe someone will come along and shed some more light on this for You...! Keep Your fingers crossed...!

this site doesn't offer iks

4me2c
12-07-2018, 10:56 PM

I said nothing about what You said, I was speaking about being connected to a Server..!

this site doesn't offer iks

crazed 9.6
12-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Thing is that Jynxbox had produced an Andriod hybrid model which does satalitte and iptv or kodi type stuff.
Sam's jynxbox is not an Android model thou, so it is useless for iptv services.
I knew it was not an android when Sam mentioned the box versions (23 or 24), which are chinese jynxbox cloned iks receivers.

case closed guys :)

dishuser
12-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Thing is that Jynxbox had produced an Andriod hybrid model which does satalitte and iptv or kodi type stuff.
Sam's jynxbox is not an Android model thou, so it is useless for iptv services.
I knew it was not an android when Sam mentioned the box versions (23 or 24), which are chinese jynxbox cloned iks receivers.

case closed guys :)and that's why I said site doesn't offer iks

crazed 9.6
12-08-2018, 12:24 AM
yes, you are correct dishuser ... I just wanted to clear it up for others :)

dishuser
12-08-2018, 01:03 AM
yes, you are correct dishuser ... I just wanted to clear it up for others :)
on a side note the buzz is running great with one touch pvr and catchup working flawlessly :cool:

crazed 9.6
12-08-2018, 02:22 AM
Sam is looking for a replacement box :)

Sam56
12-08-2018, 04:24 AM
Ok so, If I understood correctly I was connected to a server with an IKS account but although very well clarified by dishuser this forum does not offer IKS accounts. Now my problem is solved by getting a new iks account in other site that offers it. Right? Any suggestions? By the way my box is not broken is working find. if I understood right what I need is a new IKS account!

dishuser
12-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Ok so, If I understood correctly I was connected to a server with an IKS account but although very well clarified by dishuser this forum does not offer IKS accounts. Now my problem is solved by getting a new iks account in other site that offers it. Right? Any suggestions? By the way my box is not broken is working find. if I understood right what I need is a new IKS account!
if you're pointed at south sats you might want to consider iptv as iks isn't very reliable anymore unless pointed to the north

4me2c
12-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Does a Dreambox Connect to what Sam was using or do Those connect to Streaming Video from Another Type of Server...?!? Isn't a Jynxbox fashioned after a Dreambox...?!?

crazed 9.6
12-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Sam is talking about satalitte reception, which has nothing to do with iptvTalk.
I thought that was made clear ?

Only reason I left the thread open is because I thought Sam may want advice on iptv and that sort of thing.
If this is not the case then this thread will be closed :eek:

4me2c
12-08-2018, 09:03 PM

Thanks in advance

I was asking because of what was posted in that 1st post... If that Jynxbox was hooked up to a server why cant it be hooked up to one of the Servers from here...?!? It has the capability to enter information doesn't it, I mean it can be connected via Ethernet or is it by RS-232 onlly...?!?

crazed 9.6
12-08-2018, 09:32 PM
I was asking because of what was posted in that 1st post... If that Jynxbox was hooked up to a server why cant it be hooked up to one of the Servers from here...?!? It has the capability to enter information doesn't it, I mean it can be connected via Ethernet or is it by RS-232 onlly...?!?

It is not an android, it is not even a Linux. It is just a normal fta receiver with IKS functionality (in fact it is the Chinese knock-off model really)
They first cloned the JynxUltra HD but after using modified Jynx firmware for awhile (which is a definition of a clone), the clone guys started producing their own firmware, which in my view then makes it a 'knockoff' and no longer a 'clone' ...
but I degrees :)

It could theoretically connect online to a server, yes. It can in fact connect to an IKS server. But without an Android Operating system or Linux OS such as that Dreambox is, then it can not use that connection for anything except communication of data..... and not the actual channel stream.
-With IPTV, the channel stream and all other data comes thru internet connection.
-With 'IKS' (satellite), the channel stream and some other functional data comes thru the dish antenna and other data comes thru the internet. (These boxes CAN NOT stream channels thru internet because of the OS limitations).

Dreamboxes can do both and more. They are using a Linux Operating System.
It can be quite daunting and is quite in-depth to set things Dreamboxes up, nothing like setting up an Android (like a Dreamlink T2 for instance).
Some Dreambox models can even act as a server, (this came especially handy in a University type atmosphere, where students and faculty could connect to a network, so to speak)
They are full of abilities one does not even know or even imagined about, it's a Linux box :)

They do not rely on an updated Android version, because they do not run an Android Operating System.
Dreamboxes came long before the Android Operating Systems were seen.

Now, this has to make it clear...no ? .... lol
:eek:

Sam56
12-08-2018, 09:56 PM
crezed 7.2 my apologies. This site is bean a great help, every body here opens my eyes. thanks for your help and patience. I hope I hade your knowledge to find and understand that I need.

4me2c
12-08-2018, 11:27 PM
Thanks crazed7.2...! Explanations like that are Appreciated and not by 4me Alone but by Many Others who want to know More...! On a Side Note, Dreamboxes are going Low Ball on eBay...! Lol...! :cool:

crazed 9.6
12-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Thanks crazed7.2...! Explanations like that are Appreciated and not by 4me Alone but by Many Others who want to know More...! On a Side Note, Dreamboxes are going Low Ball on eBay...! Lol...! :cool:

It's ancient trivia

Here is some more...
Back in the day, XBox had a media Player. It was xbmc (xbox media center).
That was the beginning of Kodi as we know it now.

XBox in the early years basically stopped xbmc because of reasons and the 'xbmc' team branched off and created more versions which became Kodi today.

Ironically, xbox now has an app available and sanctioned, for Kodi to be installed on their xboxes :)