11-27-2018, 12:47 AM
where can I find information for Wi-Fi set-up on mag 254

crazed 9.6
11-27-2018, 01:18 AM
where can I find information for Wi-Fi set-up on mag 254

not possible unless it is a 'MAG254w1' model

crazed 9.6
11-27-2018, 01:27 AM
if running a hard wire is not practical, you could use Power Line adapters. They connect to the electric plugs in your house and carry the signal from plug to plug... Check the link below for more info on that :)

https://www.techradar.com/news/networking/powerline-networking-what-you-need-to-know-930691

zarah
11-27-2018, 01:42 AM
THANKS, I will be purchasing the mag 254w1 next week.

crazed 9.6
11-27-2018, 01:44 AM
there are other mag models (newer model) with the w1 or w2 application too.
The w stands for wifi

And if you are purchasing a new receiver anyway, you might want to open your choices up a little. The Mag models are very low in memory compared to some other models on the market

zarah
11-27-2018, 12:47 PM
what model do u suggest

crazed 9.6
11-27-2018, 11:53 PM
here are a few choices to look into....
All of these boxes have wifi (except that 410 I think, but you'd have to further investigate that thou).
All of these boxes have a dedicated iptv program onboard the box, similar to how your Mag works with iptv)

Buzz TV Box xpl 3000
Buzz TV Box xpl Basic
Dreamlink T1 Plus
Dreamlink T2
Formuler Zx
Formuler Z7+
Global Media Box
Xtreamz iptv Z1 - some issues with VODs
Mag 410 - good memory and has Android OS onboard and has Middleware for iptv
Mag 256w1 - low memory, no Android OS onboard, has wifi and has Middleware

zarah
11-28-2018, 12:47 AM
Thank you,i will check them out.

stilled
11-28-2018, 03:32 AM
nvidea shield is a good choice too :)

dishuser
11-28-2018, 05:25 AM
nvidea shield is a good choice too :)

we're not all rich though..lol

crazed 9.6
11-28-2018, 06:52 AM
plus the Shield does not have a dedicated iptv Middleware program onboard (Stalker or other Middleware).
I usually will not take part in box recommendations, but if or when I do, it will always be a box with some form of Middleware for IPTV (Stalker or other).

That nvidea shield is probably one of the best Androids on the market, but it lacks the ability to run an iptv service, unless there are extra programs installed by the user.

In my view, the trick is to get best possible Android with good memory (flash and RAM memory) and some other factors, and that also utilizes some form of Middleware for iptv.

All them boxes I had posted above, do that.
Well except that mag256w1... it does not run an Android Operating System but does have the Stalker Middleware (or the new middleware informir is now using), low memory thou...but worth the mention just cause :)
... but the Mag 410 does have both Android OS and Middleware as well, and is why I added it (2 GB RAM and 8 GB Flash on board / OS Android v6.0.1 / Pre-integrated with Ministra Middleware from Infomir).

crazed 9.6
11-28-2018, 07:00 AM
Formuler boxes are a bit tricky too.
There are european versions which are the original and there are North American versions and of the same Formuler models... There are differences thou and some have to do with wifi
One version uses internal wifi antenna with no antenna needed, while other version uses an external wifi antenna which attaches thru USB. This also varies between models..
Don't ask me to define the versions and which has what, cause ummmmmm.... I forget :)

crazed 9.6
11-28-2018, 07:06 AM
Formuler and Dreamlink has one kick ass remote too thou, with newest models... it has a great sensor and RCU combination that works well.
Buzz TV just released a new remote (there is a sticky thread about that) and that remote can be completely smothered by a pillow and still able to function correctly with no issues :)

So many factors involved in choosing a new box.... No wonder I do not like to recommend, but with as much info you are armed with then the decision might be easier :)

And I can increase my post count too... haaaaa... lol
:)

crazed 9.6
11-28-2018, 07:29 AM
if we start talking about m3u playback abilities, I put the Dreamlink and Formuler boxes first and then the Mag boxes next
Just because of the functionalities these boxes carry concerning m3u playback and setups.

crazed 9.6
11-28-2018, 07:31 AM
but that low memory with most mag models is always a stumping block with these mags.
The 410 improved on that
It may have wifi too,,, you would need to look at that to be sure.

https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/android-stb/mag410/

That minstral Middleware , I am not sure of , have not had any experience with that particular Middleware :eek:

crazed 9.6
11-28-2018, 07:58 AM
BuzzTV prolly has one of the best menu setups and functionalities with them menus , prolly :)
And the Buzz team seems to be always improving on that too.

Okay, how many more posts can I post on this subject ???

ummm, prolly a hundred or maybe even two hundred ..... All you'd see on the boards is that giant spider and the Black Widow Chevy :eek:

All I need is 64 more thou :)

crazed 9.6
11-28-2018, 09:18 AM
add another
makes a total of 63 to go :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe500eIK1oA

Rinny
11-28-2018, 05:19 PM
I like the MAG 322 hard wired..

stilled
11-29-2018, 03:15 AM
plus the Shield does not have a dedicated iptv Middleware program onboard (Stalker or other Middleware).
I usually will not take part in box recommendations, but if or when I do, it will always be a box with some form of Middleware for IPTV (Stalker or other).

That nvidea shield is probably one of the best Androids on the market, but it lacks the ability to run an iptv service, unless there are extra programs installed by the user.

In my view, the trick is to get best possible Android with good memory (flash and RAM memory) and some other factors, and that also utilizes some form of Middleware for iptv.

All them boxes I had posted above, do that.
Well except that mag256w1... it does not run an Android Operating System but does have the Stalker Middleware (or the new middleware informir is now using), low memory thou...but worth the mention just cause :)
... but the Mag 410 does have both Android OS and Middleware as well, and is why I added it (2 GB RAM and 8 GB Flash on board / OS Android v6.0.1 / Pre-integrated with Ministra Middleware from Infomir).

Fair enough, I am not fussed about middleware, I love prog tv and perfect player or apk and iptv is just fine, better than fine on the shield, I got the shield because I had plex here, kodi there, iptv on another device, casting all over the place on multiple devices, shield I have all of my media options in one place and the box is amazing for what it can do, 4k done and sweet, so for me, dont mind needing an app for or apk for iptv, nividea couldn't and wont produce a box with middleware solely for iptv, obvious reasons, have the gaming component with shield if that what you like, so all in one entertainment center,

Also have a buzz, just got it fired up couple days ago, its great, easy, works well, great for iptv what it made for, so if you are looking for a great priced android box for iptv alone, buzz all the way, for something more like I am using and wanting a android box for, shield, personal preference, what you needs are I guess,

Plus I like nerding out on toys, lol, when nascar, nfl and college football on, I got minimum of 3 tvs going, LOL!

Good thread though, like to read opinions,

stilled
11-29-2018, 03:16 AM
Okay, how many more posts can I post on this subject ???

ummm, prolly a hundred or maybe even two hundred ..... All you'd see on the boards is that giant spider and the Black Widow Chevy :eek:

All I need is 64 more thou :)

Post whore, lol,

crazed 9.6
11-29-2018, 03:47 AM
Fair enough, I am not fussed about middleware, I love prog tv and perfect player or apk and iptv is just fine, better than fine on the shield, I got the shield because I had plex here, kodi there, iptv on another device, casting all over the place on multiple devices, shield I have all of my media options in one place and the box is amazing for what it can do, 4k done and sweet, so for me, dont mind needing an app for or apk for iptv, nividea couldn't and wont produce a box with middleware solely for iptv, obvious reasons, have the gaming component with shield if that what you like, so all in one entertainment center,

Also have a buzz, just got it fired up couple days ago, its great, easy, works well, great for iptv what it made for, so if you are looking for a great priced android box for iptv alone, buzz all the way, for something more like I am using and wanting a android box for, shield, personal preference, what you needs are I guess,

Plus I like nerding out on toys, lol, when nascar, nfl and college football on, I got minimum of 3 tvs going, LOL!

Good thread though, like to read opinions,

Cool Beans :)