PDA

View Full Version : BuzzTV ARQ-100 Version 1 Air Mouse remote

crazed 9.6
11-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Compatible with all BuzzTV Boxes.
Keyboard pad on reverse side of the RCU.
More Preset BuzzTV Application buttons.
Wireless, with USB key included.
Universal Remote. Works with Most Televisions.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTUxWDgwMA==/z/4c0AAOSwmcFbxhn5/$_59.JPGhttps://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTMzWDgwMA==/z/ATMAAOSw-eJbxhoF/$_59.JPG

floder2
11-13-2018, 12:49 AM
Looks like the price is about $30.00 with Free shipping to Canada and USA

Dodgeit1
11-13-2018, 02:01 AM
Nice remote buttons seem to be a little further apart.The original buzz remote gets me going nuts in the dark trying to find the right button.

Marley
11-13-2018, 09:38 PM
I like that :o ez to add kodi stuff and to update players on web when they want your info

dishuser
11-14-2018, 01:53 AM
it's nice having the page up/down up higher
hard to use with one hand when on the bottom

Ipguy
11-14-2018, 02:26 AM
Nice remote, I can't stand the original ir remote.

dishuser
11-14-2018, 02:42 AM
Nice remote, I can't stand the original ir remote.
but at least on original all functions work(properly)
but at least that is going to be fixed shortly

crazed 9.6
11-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Had this remote here a couple days, and just now put the batteries in it for the first time :eek:
so, I put batteries in it (two batteries, one at each end on the keypad side) and powered the buzz 3000 on with this new remote. Powered on and off and on OK....But then nothing else would work.
I did not know what to think... batteries were new. I pondered on this awhile and even had my second beer opened before I remember that little USB key thing, there it was sitting ontop of my desk just where I put it earlier... haaaa :)
Plugged that in and then of course things started working.

Noticed a couple things ..
The LAST button opens the installed Kodi
I guess maybe I am thinking that the LAST is defined as the 'last' app that was opened.. although I never did open Kodi recently until I hit that LAST function just now, (the arrow button brings up last channel).
Something to check later maybe.

The Guide and Info buttons while on LiveTV, both brings up the individual description of current channel programing only. For full EPG, use the Menu button to open the side bar menu with EPG option.
The Server button does not seem to do anything presently, that I saw so far.
The colored buttons work, for desired functions as per previous remotes.
LiveTV and VOD buttons do not seem to function. Use the Home button to get the working LiveTV and VOD selections.
Keypad functions work well and save huge amount of time (as mentioned above) , even with Buzz's onscreen KB (keypad) which is a pretty fast keypad operation, this remote's keypad speeds things up even from that.
Nice :)
The original Buzz onscreen KB is still accessible and usable as well.
Front buttons and even the back keypad buttons are of the slightly larger size and placed nicely it seems too (as mentioned above).... easily found and functioned, even with my poor eyesight and big thumbs.
And ARQ is not unfamiliar with remotes and other devices. They been manufacturing these awhile . Which is a bonus too.
Big bonus is that I can point the remote under the couch and the signal is picked up and always works. I even completely smothered the remote in a couch pillow and it still worked :)
Very nice remote.

dishuser
11-14-2018, 12:23 PM
on 7.1 version last button works as it should

4me2c
11-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Hey crazed7.2, can You use that RC on Maybe a Dif Box...?!? Maybe just try to see if it will control a Dif Name...! Thanks...! Good Review, way :cool:

dishuser
11-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Hey crazed7.2, can You use that RC on Maybe a Dif Box...?!? Maybe just try to see if it will control a Dif Name...! Thanks...! Good Review, way :cool:

the manual shows how to uuse it oon a ssmart tv

danny187
11-14-2018, 07:48 PM
Remote similar to one I have had years from Minix, but of course this dedicated to buzz with more buttons, looks great, will order when out in UK.

crazed 9.6
12-19-2018, 07:48 PM
I just noticed something kinda unique with this remote.
When you use the Mouse Pointer button on the remote it brings up the mouse pointer onscreen, nothing surprising with that , but....
You can wave your remote around and the mouse pointer moves on-screen the same as the movements you do with the remote.
Moving the remote till the pointer hovers over a selection and then press OK and that works :)
No more cumbersome mouse pointer moving with the arrow keys :)

dishuser
12-19-2018, 10:20 PM
I just noticed something kinda unique with this remote.
When you use the Mouse Pointer button on the remote it brings up the mouse pointer onscreen, nothing surprising with that , but....
You can wave your remote around and the mouse pointer moves on-screen the same as the movements you do with the remote.
Moving the remote till the pointer hovers over a selection and then press OK and that works :)
No more cumbersome mouse pointer moving with the arrow keys :)that's why it's called an air remote ;)

crazed 9.6
12-19-2018, 10:22 PM
that's why it's called an air remote ;)

cool beans :)

I did not catch onto that till just now.

gjvd
12-27-2018, 10:33 PM
I got the remote today and found instructions.
So I did the remote learning feature and managed to get the remote to power the TV and change the source... but now many of the buttons don't work for the 3000 anymore.
Home, channel up and down, return, volume...
Is there a way to reset it?

crazed 9.6
12-27-2018, 11:10 PM
So I did the remote learning feature and managed to get the remote to power the TV and change the source... but now many of the buttons don't work for the 3000 anymore.

I do not see much documentation about an actual reset function. Seeing lots of info about resetting or recalerbrating the air mouse.

I did see posted on a Playstation board and with one of their air mouse remotes that after waking up the remote (press any button) then press and hold the Cursor Lock button for 3 seconds and that factory resets that remote (erases the IR commands that you entered).
That is a different remote thou (PS1 and PS2 air remote).

Be careful of what you press thou, actually of how many buttons you press at same time. Pressing all the arrow buttons at same time may mess up the Air Mouse and the mouse will drift by itself.

But try the cursor button for 3 seconds.

dishuser
12-27-2018, 11:37 PM
those don't work?

dishuser
12-27-2018, 11:53 PM
https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/pp250/dishuser/0/d4c5d1c2-e911-49b6-8d05-2d696ee5d469-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/dishuser/p/d4c5d1c2-e911-49b6-8d05-2d696ee5d469)

quizzer
12-31-2018, 07:07 AM
Does this remote need line of sight like the original remote to the buzztv to work?

crazed 9.6
12-31-2018, 08:06 AM
Does this remote need line of sight like the original remote to the buzztv to work?
it does not....

Big bonus is that I can point the remote under the couch and the signal is picked up and always works. I even completely smothered the remote in a couch pillow and it still worked :)
Very nice remote.

PayPerView
01-01-2019, 03:29 PM
I would like to know more about the "learning" features of this remote. Dishuser posted pictures of the instructions, but I can't get them to load. Can this remote learn my TV remotes functions so it can control my Buzz and my TV?

PayPerView
01-01-2019, 04:02 PM
I was able to see the picture. Clicking it takes you to Photobucket but nothing loads, so I just copied the picture and pasted into paint and enlarged it so I could read it.

The learning instructions say you can learn your TV's power button and source button, but does not go into any detail whether it can learn the number buttons, menu button, etc. of the TV. I was hoping for a "one remote" solution. I currently have a Universal RF20 learning remote. I have it set up to control the TV, BuzzTV, and DVD player/recorder. It has UHF capability so it can see through walls. It's damn near the perfect remote except it does not have air mouse function or a keyboard like this new Buzz remote has. If it did, it would be the perfect remote (except probably having a microphone for voice search and the such).

If this remote could control all functions of my TV this would be as close to perfect as I can get for a one remote solution.

NBS
01-01-2019, 04:18 PM
manual

http://www.filedropper.com/buzztv-arq100-remote-users-manual-v2-jpeg

sergers
01-03-2019, 04:02 AM
I just had issue with the okay button stopped working.
I would push it nothing happened no lights on remote.
After a few minutes it start working again.

Is the PVR button supposed to launch Netflix?

dishuser
01-03-2019, 04:23 AM
I just had issue with the okay button stopped working.
I would push it nothing happened no lights on remote.
After a few minutes it start working again.

Is the PVR button supposed to launch Netflix?
pvr button launches pvr for me

sergers
01-03-2019, 05:18 AM
pvr button launches pvr for me

I uninstalled Netflix, now within the buzztv app, clicking PVR loads the PVR which is good

But when I click it on the home/launcher screen, it does nothing

dishuser
01-03-2019, 05:24 AM
I got the latest update to buzztv, it's launching Netflix when I click PVR :(

I also have latest update
blue button loads netflix for me

Marley
01-03-2019, 03:59 PM
can you see pairing is ok when you go to Bluetooth settings dont have one yet but thats how i check all is good and dont click all buttons that screws with it big time like any keyboard
been running wireless for kodi at start with this box now to have all in one yea

dishuser
01-03-2019, 05:26 PM
it has an USB RF stick

t1nt1n
01-05-2019, 07:04 PM
The air mouse fuction does not work on mine

dishuser
01-05-2019, 07:47 PM
unplug usb receiver and plug it back in
just tried mine on speedtest site and that fixed it

t1nt1n
01-05-2019, 11:14 PM
unplug usb receiver and plug it back in
just tried mine on speedtest site and that fixed it
That fixed it

Thank you

dishuser
01-05-2019, 11:17 PM
That fixed it

Thank you
good to hear
it's a great remote with an update coming soon I heard

Marley
01-06-2019, 02:32 AM
dont tv screen say your connected with icon on one on corners just asking

dishuser
01-06-2019, 02:45 AM
dont tv screen say your connected with icon on one on corners just asking
why would it?
it may turn tv on/off and control input but the receiver is connected to the buzz
it might if receiver was in a smart tv but this about using it with a buzz

Marley
01-06-2019, 07:28 PM
weird mine has icon ok

quizzer
01-07-2019, 03:22 AM
why would it?
it may turn tv on/off and control input but the receiver is connected to the buzz
it might if receiver was in a smart tv but this about using it with a buzz

I just got the remote. The USB/receiver needs to go in buzz or TV?

dishuser
01-07-2019, 03:29 AM
I just got the remote. The USB/receiver needs to go in buzz or TV?
if you want to control your buzz then in the buzz

quizzer
01-07-2019, 03:38 AM
if you want to control your buzz then in the buzz

Ok thanks..will try setting up later tonight or tomorrow.

Aggy
01-08-2019, 01:45 AM
Yay! Amazon just dropped off the remote...time to play!

Aggy
01-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Hopefully they get the live TV and vod buttons working...why have those buttons if they don't work? Other than that I've the remote and ordering a second one today. No line of sight is worth it on its own!

crazed 9.6
01-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Hopefully they get the live TV and vod buttons working...why have those buttons if they don't work? Other than that I've the remote and ordering a second one today. No line of sight is worth it on its own!

yea, them buttons are not working, but just hitting the Home button does the job too.

sergers
01-10-2019, 05:40 PM
do these arq remotes have a hardware defect?

i can understand that the box does not recognize the command, but its odd that my arq is not even issuing commands at times.

i would hit countelss buttons, but the remote doesnt light up the power button to show its issued a command. eventually it will start working again.
most of the time this happens to volume up/down buttons, but i have had it happen to practically all buttons at the same time.

this sounds like some sort of hardware issue (and yes fresh batteries).

the live TV button does work for me and VOD... whats with all these inconsistencies with how this remote works.

how is it being "updated" when multiple people on latest buzz app have different experiences?

Aggy
01-16-2019, 08:47 PM
do these arq remotes have a hardware defect?

i can understand that the box does not recognize the command, but its odd that my arq is not even issuing commands at times.

i would hit countelss buttons, but the remote doesnt light up the power button to show its issued a command. eventually it will start working again.
most of the time this happens to volume up/down buttons, but i have had it happen to practically all buttons at the same time.

this sounds like some sort of hardware issue (and yes fresh batteries).

the live TV button does work for me and VOD... whats with all these inconsistencies with how this remote works.

how is it being "updated" when multiple people on latest buzz app have different experiences?

Live tv and VOD work for you? That alright..mine don't work. I noticed the power button requires line of sight on mine now. I didn't notice that on day 1 and I didn't change anything.

Aggy
01-19-2019, 04:31 PM
I just realized the power button on this remote is IR ;)

I kept my buzz on the whole time this past week but I normally turn it off nightly and just noticed the power button not working when the cabinets were closed.

NBS
01-19-2019, 06:45 PM
I guess have to use home button,shutdown then...lol

Aggy
01-21-2019, 02:07 AM
I guess have to use home button,shutdown then...lol
Yeah but I have to open the cabinet to turn it back on lol!

trublmaka
02-25-2019, 12:01 AM
I like this remote. But, I noticed a couple of things..

1. The live tv and vod buttons don't work for me either like many have pointed above. Not a big deal.

2. This one is annoying. The 'sort' button doesn't sort the channels. It instead brings up the 'channel categories' selection. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Marley
02-25-2019, 08:29 PM
see i use it for updating my kodi stuff will check sort thing for me this is a great new toy and going to try it on the tv itself to see if it works to surf net it sees it

NBS
02-26-2019, 01:18 AM
I like this remote. But, I noticed a couple of things..

1. The live tv and vod buttons don't work for me either like many have pointed above. Not a big deal.

2. This one is annoying. The 'sort' button doesn't sort the channels. It instead brings up the 'channel categories' selection. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!
thats not a remote issue

dishuser
02-26-2019, 02:15 AM
thats not a remote issue
sort button worx here

NBS
02-27-2019, 04:26 PM
sort button worx here

yes but it is a buzz box issue for some where it goes to categories instead of sorting

garyfowl
09-15-2019, 01:24 AM
Hi all question you, do you know if it would be possible to use a second dongle with this remote, I have it operating my buzz box but does not let me change the source on my TV, still have to get the original TV remote to do this would a second dongle let me connect remote.

Thanks

dishuser
09-15-2019, 01:45 AM
Hi all question you, do you know if it would be possible to use a second dongle with this remote, I have it operating my buzz box but does not let me change the source on my TV, still have to get the original TV remote to do this would a second dongle let me connect remote.

Thankswhy can't you get source to work?

Aggy
09-24-2019, 06:38 PM
why can't you get source to work?

@ dishuser I figure you might have the answer...I swear the server button was working a couple days ago on the the arq, but now it won't bring up the server screen. Is there something I need to do with the remote? I may have been using a different buzz box though as I was testing a couple out for my parent.

dishuser
09-24-2019, 09:41 PM
@ dishuser I figure you might have the answer...I swear the server button was working a couple days ago on the the arq, but now it won't bring up the server screen. Is there something I need to do with the remote? I may have been using a different buzz box though as I was testing a couple out for my parent.

mine worx on 3900 and both 3000 models

Aggy
09-25-2019, 09:19 AM
mine worx on 3900 and both 3000 models

I remembered it was the 3900 I was using. The server button doesn't work on my panda.

dishuser
09-25-2019, 09:23 PM
I remembered it was the 3900 I was using. The server button doesn't work on my panda.

what android version?

05-30-2020, 11:09 PM
Are the buttons back lit?

Ryu
05-30-2020, 11:18 PM
Are the buttons back lit?

no sir but BT-100 has backlit :)
and good to see you :)

05-30-2020, 11:29 PM
no sir but BT-100 has backlit :)
and good to see you :)

Thanks so much and good to see you a well.