PDA

View Full Version : Mag 254 box with Kodi

Tom Matthews
10-29-2018, 06:53 PM
Howdy everyone, Just an thought: Can Kodi somehow be installed on a Mag 254 box? This question is for the deep thinkers!!! Thanks

kens
10-29-2018, 07:00 PM
Howdy everyone, Just an thought: Can Kodi somehow be installed on a Mag 254 box? This question is for the deep thinkers!!! Thanks

No deep thinking.
The answer is No!

Is there anything that can be installed on a 254?
/kens

Tom Matthews
10-29-2018, 08:50 PM
I don't think so....that's why I asked the question.....

kens
10-29-2018, 09:12 PM
I don't think so....that's why I asked the question.....

Sorry, it was a rhetorical statement.
(at xmas you can install a bow!!!)
/kens

Dodgeit1
10-29-2018, 09:27 PM
With this kind of memory it would be totally useless.

STiH207

RAM:
512 Mb

Flash memory:
256 Mb

This is why mags have problems.

spdklls99
11-04-2018, 11:59 PM
With this kind of memory it would be totally useless.

STiH207

RAM:
512 Mb

Flash memory:
256 Mb

This is why mags have problems.

Problems? So much for deep thinking apparently. mags are actually quite stable AND PROBLEM FREE compared to android boxes with 3-4 times the Ram and memory I have used over the years.

dishuser
11-05-2018, 12:12 AM
Problems? So much for deep thinking apparently. mags are actually quite stable AND PROBLEM FREE compared to android boxes with 3-4 times the Ram and memory I have used over the years.
now that's funny :p

Dodgeit1
11-05-2018, 01:47 AM
Problems? So much for deep thinking apparently. mags are actually quite stable AND PROBLEM FREE compared to android boxes with 3-4 times the Ram and memory I have used over the years.Well try running kodi on one lol.Let me know how that works out for you.As for trouble free and stable try a box like a Buzz or dreamlink and you won't plug the mag back in.

floder2
11-05-2018, 02:18 AM
Mag 254,,,,,,,,,Are people still using that ancient box.................I have one just to keep the door open.............
And yes you can not install Kodi on it..................would not be worth a damn even if you could......
Mag254..........was good for IPTV in the day.................

No Deep thinking necessary................

Marley
11-06-2018, 05:21 PM
I still here mag is best for iptv but got rid of mine after they started iptv here forget if it was 250 or 254 been long time now and at that time all said get that box wow times have changed

kens
11-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Key in your statement is " been long time now ".
We are getting old, ...Fast!!!
/kens

bugmeso
11-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Mag 254,,,,,,,,,Are people still using that ancient box.................I have one just to keep the door open.............
And yes you can not install Kodi on it..................would not be worth a damn even if you could......
Mag254..........was good for IPTV in the day.................

No Deep thinking necessary................

Then what is a good box today? Knowing tomorrow it will be ancient ;) Just getting tired watching 720 ....pixels

Ryu
11-11-2018, 12:03 AM
Then what is a good box today? Knowing tomorrow it will be ancient ;) Just getting tired watching 720 ....pixels
who knows about tomorrow buddy :cool: but yes dreamlink prime and buzz xpl 3000 with 2 gb ram are my favorite boxes at the moment.:)

Dodgeit1
11-11-2018, 02:50 PM
who knows about tomorrow buddy :cool: but yes dreamlink prime and buzz xpl 3000 with 2 gb ram are my favorite boxes at the moment.:) I would have to agree. As for getting tired of watching 720.I would hate to see what isp's start doing if everyone starts using 4k.It would probably put small companies out of business.Or they will have to charge the same or really close to the big company's.Then the internet prices will end up higher in price and will have more throttling.Then the crying is gonna start.
The way it is now i can compare it to old iks.I actually think the picture is better with iptv.But of course your not going to notice the difference with a mag.

Ryu
11-11-2018, 10:02 PM
I would have to agree. As for getting tired of watching 720.I would hate to see what isp's start doing if everyone starts using 4k.It would probably put small companies out of business.Or they will have to charge the same or really close to the big company's.Then the internet prices will end up higher in price and will have more throttling.Then the crying is gonna start.
The way it is now i can compare it to old iks.I actually think the picture is better with iptv.But of course your not going to notice the difference with a mag.
Absolutely buddy:)