PDA

View Full Version : TVMC screwed up install!

AeonFlux
06-03-2015, 02:08 PM
TVMC might be good - IF YOU CAN GET IT INSTALLED!

Oh, it started installing, but then Norton found it contained MALWARE so it removed the MALWARE before it could load.

Oh, then TVMC WILL NOT RUN WITHOUT THE MALWARE!!! Go figure.

Okay, I said to myself. Then I will just uninstall it. Then their @#^#@ uninstaller faults out when it can't find the malware. So the whole thing fails to uninstall.

I was pretty pi$$ed about that. I fixed it by using Revo Uninstaller on it but even so, that is way screwed up.

Yeah, I know Norton can be finicky and overly sensitive, but not in this case. Kodi, itself, installs on the same PC with no issues at all. I looked up the file that Norton quarantined and found that it references sites know to infect you with viruses. That pretty much stinks. I am not an alarmist. I am not yelling 'the sky is falling'. All I am saying is buyer beware.

Kimbo
06-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm a believer that if is works why fix it, so I'll stick around with what i have,

dara
06-03-2015, 02:31 PM
My opinion, Norton belongs in the sewer. Anyway, stuff from tvaddons sometimes is annoying, and TVMC is self-configuring, so it's only a good option for those who want an separate Kodi environment to test, or don't want to maintain their own Kodi.

Bkman2020
06-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Norton is only good for enterprise application, its to sensitive for apps like these.

big dady
06-03-2015, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't use or trust norton even if you paid me

Marley
06-04-2015, 01:55 AM
yea norton is hog

theone
06-04-2015, 02:04 AM
I have been using Norton for over 6 years and just installed Kodi on my Comp with no issues what so ever.

enagyzer
06-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Maybe its specifically something to do with TVMC itself. I have norton and kodi (not TVMC) on a windows 8 running with no hickups

crawlers1977
06-10-2015, 09:20 AM
any antivirus would pick up many items ffrom tvmc 1 being its a pre-packed program python,scrapers bnc built into scripts the list is endless. but generally its due to the fact you click install and it places all addons into a grouped folder. theresan issue with installation that comes at the end regarding a message saying somthing like "almost done" click here for final install dont click that it doesnt do anything and can send people on a merry-go-round click cancil close tvmc and before opening it up again just remove the logs from inside the main folder "AppData\Roaming\TVMC" and then fire it up. as far as picking up a virus norton has never been built to like any kind of dile it normally sees as part of an operating system. and the only file worth my time was the bang up-to-date librtmp.dll being created on the 11-05-2015

BTG_Tiger
06-13-2015, 05:13 PM
I agree Norton is garbage. Its famous for False Positives. Use Malwarebytes for your Antivirus program and kick Norton to the curb.

trukus
06-20-2015, 04:48 AM
Norton is so bad, to get rid of it you must use the norton uninstall tool