PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for buying

Smgc
08-21-2018, 12:15 AM
I currently use amazon fire with Kodi and a couple of iptv providers a month at a time. Kodi is not as great as it was and having said that i want to buy a box for mostly movies - will keep iptv service for the channels. My question is what box would you buy with considering two options - ease of use because all this is new to me but i don’t mind reading and a recording option like dvr software. I have looked at Nvidia and infomir 256 and a dozen others. I’ve read review after review and read some more. I like plug and play but don’t think that’s an option. So what box would you recommend and why. I appreciate any suggestions.

crazed 9.6
08-21-2018, 03:17 AM
when you say for mostly movies, do you mean movies from kodi apps or do you mean movies from our iptv VODs selections ?

If the later then take a look at the Dreamlink models and also take a look at a modified VODs playlist.
Click the link shown below..
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?36923-The-Playlists-VOD-english

I mention Dreamlink for this VODs option because it has playlist portal which works very well with that VODs playlist :)

floder2
08-21-2018, 05:00 AM
Nvidia works great for me......... I do use Kodi but mostly for movies and tv series I use..... modded Terrarium TV App...modded...Morpheus Tv App.......Modded Mobdro........modded free tv app........modded is that there are no advertizments,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Smgc
08-21-2018, 08:34 AM
Most recent movies :rolleyes: and vod as well - i know it will take a little effort for newer and that’s ok. The iptv service is something I’ve just started playing with since setv is gone. Really don’t know what’s available but what’s here looks pretty good. Which box is easiest to find and use the apps. Currently I’m trying Vader and lots of bugs with it using fire tv box and my Kodi hasn’t been updated with anything new in long time and I’ve tried to add apks with no luck but i also don’t know what I’m doing because originally it was set up for me. Which box has the best support ? And easy to update. Do any stb’s auto update ?

Smgc
08-21-2018, 08:41 AM
Also a guide that works would be nice. And i read a little on the mag model that you can use usb hard drive with to record That would be great but not sure it works very well from reading reviews

Farmer1
08-21-2018, 02:46 PM
there are 3 boxes I would suggest
Xtreamz
Dreamlink
Buzz
all 3 are great boxes read the reviews on these 3 and you will have a great idea what all they have and can do. All 3 are easy to record with
I don't think you can go wrong with any of these

Smgc
08-21-2018, 07:58 PM
Fellas i appreciate the info - will read some more and probably order one of the three. I have to ask why mag box not mentioned ? If anyone wants to comment and any certain model of the 4 listed above or should i just find latest with the most features ?

dishuser
08-21-2018, 08:17 PM
there are 3 boxes I would suggest
Xtreamz
Dreamlink
Buzz
all 3 are great boxes read the reviews on these 3 and you will have a great idea what all they have and can do. All 3 are easy to record with
I don't think you can go wrong with any of theseand global as well
it's still being supported

crazed 9.6
08-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Mag from Informir are good boxes but have their limitations. They are basically only an iptv box, and with m3u Playlist abilities onboard. But you can't readily add apps or apks or use Kodi or use other Players except what's onboard (which works great anyway).
They did release a new model not long ago. They are supporting their boxes, but the limitations are ummm... limiting.
They do great with m3u and with iptv services and recording prolly... (they are the first ones to bring the Stalker (IPTV service 'middleware') into popularity).
They did release an android model some years ago but it was short lived :eek:

These others like Dreamlink, Buzz, Global, Formular and Xtreamz and even Openbox, all use a version of the same Stalker middleware that the Mag first introduced. Thing is with them others, they also all have apk abilities and Kodi and all that comes with all that.
Mag has it's place and does great for what it does, but lacks the other abilities.

Neivida Shield is one of the better androids, but have not got a middleware onboard so that means that it would need Kodi or some other form to emulate that Stalker or etc... It is kinda on the other end of the spectrum compared to the Mag, where them others mentioned are in the middle and have the greater onboard abilities (besides specs or gaming of course)

Smgc
08-21-2018, 10:44 PM
That’s what i was lookin for right there .. ok so not mag or Nvidia even though they are ok - so narrowing it down more i have buzz. Xtremes and dreamlink If i were to pick one of the three with good support and maybe a little easier to put info into and maybe would record to usb HD which one would i pick ? Fellas I’ve been reading as much as time would allow and this info here is what i couldn’t find - i really appreciate it. I like for this to be kind of hobby i enjoy reading learning playing - used to have a few of those hobbies when i had more time to play - but with no background at all in this it’s hard to get in the game. Again thanks

Smgc
08-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Also where would you buy from ? If this site has sponsors will be glad to support. The boxes I’ve looked at are not terribly expensive but maybe i haven’t looked at the right ones

Capt.Kangaroo
08-21-2018, 11:33 PM
That’s what i was lookin for right there .. ok so not mag or Nvidia even though they are ok - so narrowing it down more i have buzz. Xtremes and dreamlink If i were to pick one of the three with good support and maybe a little easier to put info into and maybe would record to usb HD which one would i pick ? Fellas I’ve been reading as much as time would allow and this info here is what i couldn’t find - i really appreciate it. I like for this to be kind of hobby i enjoy reading learning playing - used to have a few of those hobbies when i had more time to play - but with no background at all in this it’s hard to get in the game. Again thanks
All of those you mentioned are great choices. There are reviews written about said boxes in the forums here. Read those and check out the specs to make your decision. Support for those boxes are good to great. Take time to make your choice. We are here for your questions. We just can't tell you what to buy. Thats up to you.

Capt.Kangaroo
08-21-2018, 11:38 PM
Also where would you buy from ? If this site has sponsors will be glad to support. The boxes I’ve looked at are not terribly expensive but maybe i haven’t looked at the right ones
Not a site sponsor but look in the box threads for where to buy.
I know Dreamlink has "where to buy" and others may as well.
Do some more reading, you'll find your answers/ Usually in the "Sticky Posts" of said box threads

Farmer1
08-22-2018, 03:53 AM
I just posted where to buy Xtreamz

Capt.Kangaroo
08-22-2018, 05:10 AM
I just posted where to buy Xtreamz
thanks farmer...:)

xayoz
08-22-2018, 11:43 AM
I would add to the list Formuler Z7+, which is made by Dreamlink. the middleware works great with the providers supported here (NFPS, Rocket, IPTV66), and the android side works well on Kodi. There are also many more apps available in its native marketplace, and also has play store. While we don't discuss other providers on this site, since you mentioned Vader, I will say that the marketplace has an app specific to that provider as well, but would still recommend switching to something like NFPS. picture quality is excellent as well, though I don't know if it has recording or not.

Smgc
08-22-2018, 08:09 PM
I hate to ask but what is nfps ? And i will mention my priority would probably be watching newest movies (Kodi) i assume and then Vader or good iptv support. Recording is just a plus. With that in mind once i know more about the formuler z7 and the xtremes I’m gonna have to read a little more because there is just not enough info mentioned about those two priorities mentioned and not so much on support as far as stuff that will have to be added or downloaded to stb. That worri s me a little because i have yet to successfully load an apk onto pulse ��. Main reason for looking for something easier to load info that makes it work. Yes i probably need more reading because the utube videos just aren’t getting me anywhere with the fire tv. Pulse is not very user friendly and seems nothing I’m looking at doesn’t match up when watching video how tos. Will new box be easier to use ? If one is better than other or support better then that would be probably priority over the rest !

Smgc
08-22-2018, 08:17 PM
Also looking at specs on formuler z7 nothing is mentioned about WiFi. I assume it’s not wireless and will need cable to it. Not a deal breaker just a plus and dang fellas the buzz sounds pretty good too for what i want to do - i believe I’ve been reading too much. Will wait for more input and continue reading but keep suggestions comments coming Thanks

Smgc
08-22-2018, 08:41 PM
And i have to ask about the satellite side of what I’m reading in the stuff — is this anything like the fta boxes from years ago (coolsat comes to mind) that worked with satellite dishes ? Or am i way off - has that made comeback ?? This just keeps getting deeper and deeper

crazed 9.6
08-23-2018, 12:44 AM
they all do WiFi.. some have Wifi built in and some need a wifi dongle, which is an antenna with wifi ability and attached to USB port.
Dreamlink T2 needs that as well as the Z7+
I believe the newest T2W has built in WiFi (which is what the W stands for).
T2W and T1+ and Buzz and Xtreamz and Global all have built in WiFi

You may find some newest movies do come with our VODs thru NFPS, Rocket and iptv66 services... (NFPS is just a nic-name for the service name, it is a very old nic-name and not really used by the actual service anymore).
All three services we support do come from the main source, which is NFPS

BUT you can't beat the newest additions found thru some Kodi apps thou.

Speaking of apps, you can load apps without going thru Kodi and that is where the apk comes in play.
An apk is basically just a carrier of an app
They are very easy to load really. And after the app has been loaded from the apk, then the apk itself can be deleted or leave as is. Deleting it saves some room on your device, it is very small amount of room and so not to worry if not deleted.

Too add an apk, your device needs help.. and that comes in the form of an app installer. You can find various versions of appinstallers thru most onboard markets. Most devices will have a market or an apitode market onboard and can be accessed from the menus. Or look for these appinstallers thru Google Playstore and install them thru there.

I posted this link for you earlier, but here it is again. Click it and that will shed some light on these appinstallers... Just follow the screen prompts when using one of these installers.
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?36524-Buzz-TV-Box-File-Browsers-Managers-and-AppInstallers

To get started, check the link below... It leads to an apk file which can be installed on most any android.

https://terrarium-tv.en.uptodown.com/android

Or you can get that same apk to install on windows platform...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Terrarium+TV+for+pc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab
Then your Player onboard windows should be able to play the content from the app

This all may seem confusing but once you get started and see how things work, it really is very simple stuff :)

Kodi can be used to host apps and play from Kodi, but Kodi is not needed if you have a Player and an apk version of any given app.

Players are many... Perfect Player is a popular one and works well. Even your windows Player is similar and VLC is another Player and works thru an android device or windows platforms.
There are not alot of Players that will work with both android devices and windows platforms, but VLC is one and Video Player Lite is another.
Perfect Player for instance, will only work thru an Android device. There is windows versions of it but I can not get them to work any good.

Dreamlink actually are using 'tweeked' software created by Formular (Z7+ and other models) and not the other way around. Dreamlink boxes are not to be confused with knockoffs or etc thou... They and Formular have a very good relationship and things work well. Formular are actually Eastern Hemisphere boxes or did start out to be , while Dreamlinks are their Western Hemisphere counterparts.
Openbox iptv box is another example of an iptv box meant for Eastern Hemisphere geographic areas.

Satellite service is long gone and will not be back with these services.

Smgc
08-23-2018, 01:04 AM
Crazed i appreciate the info a lot. I have tried a couple of the app installers with pulse kodi but the links didn't work and the apks never loaded. There's only a couple of the apps that work out of many on kodi now. I will put the terrarium on the fire and give it a try. Had been using the orange downloader. I saw somewhere that some use just a number or short code to find what you were looking for but never tried it. Good news i have a buzz3000 coming from member here and have been reading up on it here. I will still play with the fire but looking forward to the buzz. I really appreciate the links and tutorials. Will keep reading thanks again

crazed 9.6
08-23-2018, 01:22 AM
Buzz box is a great choice :)
They all are really.

Kodi is a different thing.
Your Buzz will have Kodi abilities, but that will not be needed much if you get to know how to install apks
And Buzz will have onboard middleware so adding iptv server stuff will be a breeze

Fire stick is okay too and has abilities you may not realize... but nothing like a dedicated iptv box itself ... like the Buzz :)

Smgc
08-23-2018, 01:37 AM
So good to hear and again appreciate the help. Lol member I bought it from says he will give
lessons so I wont
be posting
so many not smart questions ��

crazed 9.6
08-23-2018, 01:40 AM
So good to hear and again appreciate the help. Lol member I bought it from says he will give
lessons so I wont
be posting
so many not smart questions ��

this thread will help many

You deserve many thnx for all the questions :)

crazed 9.6
08-23-2018, 01:43 AM
Can I post a video now ?
Is catz looking ?

okay here it goes !!!
Welcome to the Blessed Hell Ride !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Hw__Yj-J-QU

dishuser
08-23-2018, 01:57 AM
so we're allowed to sell boxes on this site?

crazed 9.6
08-23-2018, 02:03 AM
so we're allowed to sell boxes on this site?
not really nope... but PMs are okay.. long as no reselling is going on.
If reselling is seen in PMs then that will be the end of that.

I do not read PMs but I do see the amount of PMs from members and a member that does not post much but sends lots of PMs is a flag !

crazed 9.6
08-23-2018, 02:15 AM
We do in a way allow selling of boxes but only from legit sources, hence the stickies in some forums with the web addresses leading to them legit sources.
If you or anyone has legit stuff , you are most welcome to send that to a member... Or if you want it posted publically and even anonymously we could work with that too.

Any member in good standing on this forum will be treated just like them guys in them sticky threads :)
What is fair for them, is fair for members in good standings as well :)

One thing to remember thou is that them sticky threads got there because the sources sent boxes to iptvtalk. Them boxes were authentication of the source is what they were. Raffles were an added bonus of said boxes

dishuser
08-23-2018, 02:47 AM
We do in a way allow selling of boxes but only from legit sources, hence the stickies in some forums with the web addresses leading to them legit sources.
If you or anyone has legit stuff , you are most welcome to send that to a member... Or if you want it posted publically and even anonymously we could work with that too.

Any member in good standing on this forum will be treated just like them guys in them sticky threads :)
What is fair for them, is fair for members in good standings as well :)

One thing to remember thou is that them sticky threads got there because the sources sent boxes to iptvtalk. Them boxes were authentication of the source is what they were. Raffles were an added bonus of said boxes
when I'm in good standings I'll have to rethink this :p

crazed 9.6
08-23-2018, 03:00 AM
when I'm in good standings I'll have to rethink this :p

you are in good standings sir :)