PDA

View Full Version : Have the Forum allow deleting of personal posts

1sikguy
06-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Often, I will post a channel issue, and then find that shortly afterward the problem resolves itself. This makes me feel guilty for wasting the tech's time, and filling the Forum
with useless posts. Would like the Forum to allow a user to delete his own posts if necessary.

dara
06-10-2018, 04:03 PM
If editing is an issue, just pm a moderator, and we'll do it for you. Just to let you know, if a regular user deletes a post, it still can be read by staff, unless we permanently delete it.

1sikguy
06-10-2018, 08:45 PM
If editing is an issue, just pm a moderator, and we'll do it for you. Just to let you know, if a regular user deletes a post, it still can be read by staff, unless we permanently delete it.

So, you say the best solution to the issue I described is to edit the post, erase everything, and say NEVER MIND?

NBS
06-10-2018, 11:16 PM
you sure you cant delete?
I am able to

1sikguy
06-11-2018, 12:23 AM
no they said to pm a moderator
Dishuser… It said that 'if editing was an issue', PM a moderator. I have no problems with editing

1sikguy
06-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Some of you say deleting is possible.. HOW >? Is there a delete icon?

An example of my issue is this post this morning http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?38065-Headline-News-201-is-freezing-and-looping-on-portal-3

Ten minutes later the channel was fine, and I would have liked to delete the post. The best I could was to update the post.

dishuser
06-11-2018, 12:31 AM
Dishuser… It said that 'if editing was an issue', PM a moderator. I have no problems with editing

do you see the post you quoted?

nob0dy
06-11-2018, 12:33 AM

An example of my issue is this post this morning http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?38065-Headline-News-201-is-freezing-and-looping-on-portal-3

Ten minutes later the channel was fine, and I would have liked to delete the post. The best I could was to update the post.

click on the edit/delete button ...... >>> hit delete button >>>> click on delete this message >>>>>> leave reason blank >>>>> & delete >>>> post should delete

note: this won't work when making a new thread ......only when replying to a Active Thread ..........

dishuser
06-11-2018, 12:36 AM

then pm staff to say it's resolved

crazed 9.6
06-11-2018, 12:49 AM
thing is thou, that it is the 'thread title' that would want to be deleted or changed, as that's what the admin tech guys look at.
I don't think a member can change the thread title or delete the complete thread either.

So PM a staff member you see on line and they will help out.
Or you can edit and delete the thread/post contents and leave a reason why... Us staff look at these threads often, just not the admins do

Either way works.. But i'd rather see an edit of your own asking staff to delete, rather then see a private message on this particular situation. Them messages can get overwhelming at times .. not a bad thing, but something like this can be a forum edit and that would work, and prolly not take long either before a Staff member sees it and does what is asked :)

thnx
:)

crazed 9.6
06-11-2018, 01:01 AM
lol... where did everyone go ?
I musta run everyone off... lol :)

1sikguy
06-11-2018, 01:46 AM
Crazed sees my intent .. updating info on the body of the post will not send the techs off on a wild goose chase to solve the titled problem. From now on,
I'll update the post body to say Issue resolved, PLZ delete this post.

crazed 9.6
06-11-2018, 01:49 AM
Crazed sees my intent .. updating info on the body of the post will not send the techs off on a wild goose chase to solve the titled problem. From now on,
I'll update the post body to say Issue resolved, PLZ delete this post.

yes :)
And when you do edit and delete everything and then start post with your edit, that is what staff sees on the first glance main page, so the thread does not even have to be opened for us to see the request.

And it took me a long time, but I did delete that thread talked about... lol... took me about 2 hours... that long wait will not happen thou when you add the edit :)

thnx bud :)

1sikguy
06-11-2018, 01:58 AM
yes :)
And when you do edit and delete everything and then start post with your edit, that is what staff sees on the first glance main page, so the thread does not even have to be opened for us to see the request.

And it took me a long time, but I did delete that thread talked about... lol... took me about 2 hours... that long wait will not happen thou when you add the edit :)

thnx bud :)

Still unclear.. Do you want the words 'Resolved.. PLZ Delete' put on the Title of the post, or replaced in the body of the post?

crazed 9.6
06-11-2018, 02:04 AM
Still unclear.. Do you want the words 'Resolved.. PLZ Delete' put on the Title of the post, or replaced in the body of the post?

Just open the What's New page on site here... what you see for each new post or thread on that page is what we Staff see at a glance too.
Example with this last post of your's I see at a glance..
"Still unclear.. Do you want the words 'Resolved.. PLZ Delete' put on the Title of the post, or replaced in the body of the post?"

So that is lots of text from the body of the post that we see and I think is about all it would show (if you had of added more in that post, it prolly would not have shown it at quick glance {What's New})... so your edit should start with the request so that is what shows at quick glance, yes.

1sikguy
06-11-2018, 04:48 AM
Crazed...FYI the thread title CAN be changed. First click on Edit Post. Then click on Edit post AGAIN. The thread title appears where it can be changed and ultimately saved.
With this in mind, I will change the THREAD TITLE in these instances to 'No action needed, problem resolved. May delete post' OK?

crazed 9.6
06-11-2018, 04:50 AM
Crazed...FYI the thread title CAN be changed. First click on Edit Post. Then click on Edit post AGAIN. The thread title appears where it can be changed and ultimately saved.
With this in mind, I will change the thread title in these instances to 'No action needed, problem resolved. May delete post' OK?

you are a genius my friend :)
fantastic !

crazed 9.6
06-11-2018, 04:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD__8avKric

nob0dy
06-11-2018, 11:15 PM
i am so confused lol .......... :confused:

nob0dy
06-11-2018, 11:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKopy74weus............................... ......

Marley
06-16-2018, 09:21 PM
what .......

1sikguy
06-20-2018, 10:16 PM
In this thread I was trying to change the thread title to report a problem solved..
Today I made my first try at this procedure... I modified, and saved the thread title to read 'Problem Resolved.. No Action Needed'. Post ==> http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?38173-Headline-News-201-is-down-on-portal-3

But upon inspection..
1. The thread title in the Channel issues section was not changed
2. The thread title in the What's New section was not changed.
3. However, if you open up the thread in either section, the title is changed.

This is a BUMMER because the new information will not be seen at first glance by the tech's who need to see it.

crazed 9.6
06-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Try this..
Edit post, then use the Go Advanced option and then there should be an option to change thread title.

I just did it like that on that thread you are referring to, just to see it still works like that.
Problem when I do it like that, it shows that I edited the post. But I have another way to do it too, which does not show the edit notifacation from me :)
That way is a secret thou :)

1sikguy
06-21-2018, 03:09 AM
Try this..
Edit post, then use the Go Advanced option and then there should be an option to change thread title.

I just did it like that on that thread you are referring to, just to see it still works like that.
Problem when I do it like that, it shows that I edited the post. But I have another way to do it too, which does not show the edit notifacation from me :)
That way is a secret thou :)

Tried using a change in this post. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?38176-Paramount-Network-243-is-down-on-portal-3 I removed 'on portal 3' , used Go
Advanced , and the same result. The post in Channel Issues and What's New remained unchanged. You can only see the changed version if you open up the post.

This pretty much negates the intent of the original post, making the effort not worth while.

dishuser
06-21-2018, 03:19 AM
Tried using a change in this post. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?38176-Paramount-Network-243-is-down-on-portal-3 I removed 'on portal 3' , used Go
Advanced , and the same result. The post in Channel Issues and What's New remained unchanged. You can only see the changed version if you open up the post.

This pretty much negates the intent of the original post, making the effort not worth while.
so the option of sending a pm to staff isn't viable?

crazed 9.6
06-21-2018, 03:27 AM
just edit the post/thread with the words "Issue resolved, please change" or something that will explain the request (like we talked about before).

The staff will see that. And it prolly will be faster then sending a PM.. If you send a PM to me about it and I am not online for 24 hours, but other staff are.
Then them other staff would see the edit and would do as requested., long before I happen to come back online (in this example) :)

For staff that do not know how to change a thread title, I will let them know.
Just have to click just over to the right of any thread as seen on the sub-Forum's main page. Then the thread title becomes hight-lited and ready for editing.
That was the secret :)

1sikguy
06-21-2018, 04:37 AM
DISHUSER How bout I PM you... see how you like it. But out of the thread please. You have nothing constructive to say.

1sikguy
06-21-2018, 04:47 AM
just edit the post/thread with the words "Issue resolved, please change" or something that will explain the request (like we talked about before).

The staff will see that. And it prolly will be faster then sending a PM.. If you send a PM to me about it and I am not online for 24 hours, but other staff are.
Then them other staff would see the edit and would do as requested., long before I happen to come back online (in this example) :)

For staff that do not know how to change a thread title, I will let them know.
Just have to click just over to the right of any thread as seen on the sub-Forum's main page. Then the thread title becomes hight-lited and ready for editing.
That was the secret :)

Unclear... on this post for example http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?74-Channel-Descriptions-amp-Channel-Issues in Channel Issues, I have a
post about the Paramount Network. Where do I position the cursor and just click to get the title highlighted???

crazed 9.6
06-21-2018, 04:50 AM
Unclear... on this post for example http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?74-Channel-Descriptions-amp-Channel-Issues in Channel Issues, I have a
post about the Paramount Network. Where do I position the cursor and just click to get the title highlighted???

you can not do it, only site administrators can.
But that link you have there, is a correct forum page to do it thru :)

I told yeah, it was a secret :eek:

1sikguy
06-21-2018, 05:16 AM
Lets just call this thread finished. Making a mountain out of a molehill anyway. Probably I'm the only person with this issue
In the future, if I post a channel as down or freezing, and then I turn on the channel later and all is well, I'll just think 'Hey its fixed' good job!, and move on.
It'll save me running to the forum, and allow me to concentrate on more important issues.