PDA

View Full Version : Play the next video

theone
05-31-2015, 04:59 PM
Hey guys, hoping one of you experts can help me. I want to watch some TV shows but I want it to run continuously but not sure how. I know there was a way but I cant remember how its done, thanks guys.

Kimbo
05-31-2015, 05:08 PM
I Know that Lazy TV program addon allows you to do that.

Random Playlist:
- expanded playlist to 50 shows
- each new TV show will post notification of show title
- include unwatched movies
- include watched movies
- when playing a watched movie you can have LazyTV jump to a random time (usually close to the start though), this simulates changing the channel and coming across a movie in progress
- Movie weight: this decides how many movies vs tv shows in your list. LazyTV creates a pool of shows and movies from which it selects a random item, one at a time. The Movie weight decides how many movies go into that list. The actual mix may vary.
- option to ignore TV shows, making LazyTV a random movie player

List Option:
- option to limit the shows shown in the window to help speed things up on slow systems

General:
- LazyTV will sense when you are watching a TV show, it then checks if the next episode is available, and when the show finishes LazyTV will ask if you want to watch the next episode. The window will auto-close after a few seconds (you can set that duration in settings). It doesnt do this if you are using a random playlist, but DOES apply outside of LazyTV, so affects normal TV show watching.
- ability to switch logs on/off
- LazyTV will now monitor your player. When a TV show is playing, LazyTV will set up the next episode and load it when the currently watched show is 90% over. This helps responsiveness of the addon on the Raspberry Pi, so the list is updated much sooner.
- When used with Gotham, LazyTV will be able to accommodate manual updating of watched status (making something watched, but not unwatched)
- the complete list will update when the Library is updated.
- Specials are now ignored.

Functions I am still thinking about adding:
- having a playlist of shows for which to load a random unwatched episode, rather than the next one
- an option to roll in watched TV shows (repeats)
- add a refresh button to the List View
- I dont know how Profiles work, but arent they supposed to have different settings for each user? I couldnt see anything to do with them in the addon in this forum. Maybe someone can explain exactly what they are looking to do?

Note: updates on the Pi can take a while, so be patient. My library of 100 TV shows takes around 30 seconds. This will happen on start-up and on Library updates. But single show updates occur as you are watching them. It takes my List Option about 3 seconds to open.

theone
05-31-2015, 05:09 PM
I Know that Lazy TV addon allows you to do that.

Thanks, going to check that out

theone
05-31-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't see it in the Add On list. Where can I find it?

Kimbo
05-31-2015, 05:16 PM
It was on my program add on list, but here is the link from the Kodi Website:

https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.lazytv

theone
05-31-2015, 05:32 PM
It was on my program add on list, but here is the link from the Kodi Website:

https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.lazytv

Thanks bro for your help.

Kimbo
05-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Non c’รจ problema

CyberDawg
05-31-2015, 06:03 PM
System>Settings>Video>Playback> tic Play next video automatically. that should be all you need to do.

theone
06-01-2015, 01:01 PM
System>Settings>Video>Playback> tic Play next video automatically. that should be all you need to do.

That will only play the video you pick automatically. What I was looking for is to not have to click on every single Video clip to start, just want it to continue automatically to the next video. I installed LazyTv but don't know how it works and have set it up exactly the way it says to but not working for me. I do remember there being a way in the settings to play continuous video but for the life of me I cant remember.

psycon
06-01-2015, 07:30 PM
so your looking for something that makes the next file play seamlessly?

CyberDawg
06-01-2015, 07:46 PM
That will only play the video you pick automatically. What I was looking for is to not have to click on every single Video clip to start, just want it to continue automatically to the next video. I installed LazyTv but don't know how it works and have set it up exactly the way it says to but not working for me. I do remember there being a way in the settings to play continuous video but for the life of me I cant remember.

Sorry bout that, you asked for an expert and though I've been tinkering w/ xbmc for near 5 yrs I still don't consider myself an expert. Things are ever changing and its hard to keep up with all the changes. do you ever go over to read at the tv***ons site? you might be able to pick up a few pointers over there too.

It seems that setting only works once you have the episodes downloaded and added to your TV Show Library. I've been messing with Genesis for the last hour trying to figure out if adding all the episodes to the library would yield the same results but Genesis only picked up 2 out of 10 episodes and they were not in order so my test failed. Since I'm not familiar with the adding shows that are not already recorded to my library maybe someone who is a true expert can help. It sounds like you have auto play set up in Genesis as mine did not auto play the episode I selected using the above setting. I have auto play shut off in Genesis since I download almost everything. Maybe with auto play turned on & adding the episodes to your library might work...???

However, downloading all your tv shows ahead of time will allow you to watch the next episode without having to click each new episode. Plus, once you have a library set up with a network share you can use your mag 254 or any device on the network and it will play the next program without clicking play again. This is one way I get my content from my computer to my Tv. Hardwired being the next, using the official remote control app for my iphone/ipad/android as a remote control.

That is the great thing about xbmc/kodi there are so many ways you can tailor it for your own watching pleasure. The things I like may not apply to everyone. Since I record most of what I watch I'm not real familiar with other methods of setting up a library.

I'm sorry my solution did not help your needs. As far as the LazyTV I know nothing about it.

I'll keep poking around and see if I can find a better way.

theone
06-01-2015, 08:45 PM
so your looking for something that makes the next file play seamlessly?

Yup, don't want to keep clicking on the next episode. I want it to auto play to the next episode, kind of like the 24/7 programming.

Kimbo
06-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Wish I could help, my friend has lazytv but I just read about it from the Kodi forum. all that it states is to create a playlist for lazytv to work! besides that i would have to test it.

Kimbo
06-01-2015, 09:16 PM
take a look at this tutorial with pictures hope it helps:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-and-use-lazytv-for-xbmc/

CyberDawg
06-02-2015, 10:03 PM
OK folcan99,

I got it working. You still need to set your settings in xbmc to play the next episode.
I had to delete the default library that genesis sets up.

C:> users>user name>App Data>Roaming> xbmc/kodi>userdata>addon_data>plugin.video.genisis (here is where i deleted the TV folder so I could point it to my hard drive. I could not find the path above via xbmc. however, it clearly states under the library tab in genesis settings, that the ''genesis folders will be imported to library if they are added to media sources.'' if you can find the path it should work the same as what i set up using my own tv folder.

Then I pointed Genesis to the TV folder for my downloads. Set genisis settings to auto play library under the playback tab. Added a complete season to my library without downloading it. selected my tv shows from the home menu in xbmc/kodi. selected the show and it displayed all 13 episodes. started playing the first show and fast forwarded to the end. next it started playing episode 2... etc. there is a longer wait than if you have the shows downloaded (approx 30-60 seconds) but it does load the next video like you wanted.

I hope this helps and my instructions are clear enough to follow. i get to poking around and i have to back track to remember how i got something to work.

There is hope, it can be done just keep working at it and you'll get it. I don't see any need for lazytv. everythiing you need is already in place. you just need to change a few settings and set up a media source for tv & movies.

good luck, let me know how it goes.

theone
06-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Cyberdawg, is that for the Computer version? I need to do it on my Android box. Not sure if its the same process, thanks for your help bro.

CyberDawg
06-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Cyberdawg, is that for the Computer version? I need to do it on my Android box. Not sure if its the same process, thanks for your help bro.

Yes, I'm running Windows 7 on all my puters. I have an android tablet w/ TVMC installed on it. I can play with it to see if the same applies. Or something similar...?

Sorry I wasn't aware this was for android. :)

theone
06-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Yes, I'm running Windows 7 on all my puters. I have an android tablet w/ TVMC installed on it. I can play with it to see if the same applies. Or something similar...?

Sorry I wasn't aware this was for android. :)

No problem. I hope you do find it as its driving me nuts. Wife loves watching the Love Boat on the weekend and there are 9 seasons lmfao. Can you imagine me clicking it constantly.

CyberDawg
06-02-2015, 10:46 PM
I just checked my android tablet. I don't have my micro sd card in it. If I did i would point my library towards it and set everything up like i did on my windows machine.

It looks like it is doable to me.

good luck.

CyberDawg
06-02-2015, 10:55 PM
I try teaching my wife to use xbmc but i'm always doing the clicking too! 9 seasons is alot of clicking lol.

I think you can get it set up for her in much the same way as i did above. It is still xbmc/kodi we are working with. Everything looks identical between the 2 platforms.

Please let me know if i can help any further. I've done some private tutoring on skype before, if that would help. hehe

CyberDawg
06-03-2015, 07:38 PM
folcan99,

I found these easy TV library setup instructions for Genisis. I followed step by step on my android tablet.

Before doing that I Added a show with 10 seasons to my library. Then made sure the setting in xbmc/kodi to play next video automatically was enabled. Then in my Genesis settings under the playback tab, tic auto play (library).

Next, I followed the instructions below:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-integrate-genesis-with-xbmc-library/

After it scans your content go back home. Click on TV Shows from the menu bar. Select Love Boat and begin playing. When the show ends it will auto start the next episode now for your wife.

It was pretty easy, it took me longer to type this than the actual set up did.

Good Luck, let me know how it goes. ;)

wickedjoker
06-03-2015, 08:52 PM
CyberDawg I had found the auto-play in genesis also just be aware when you watch movies it will also auto play them. I had to turn it off because of that and bad links loading.

CyberDawg
06-03-2015, 09:43 PM
CyberDawg I had found the auto-play in genesis also just be aware when you watch movies it will also auto play them. I had to turn it off because of that and bad links loading.

This particular setup is only for his TV show Library. The other auto play setting is left un-selected and it will not auto play a movie.

If a bad link does cause issue then a manual search can be done. This set up will allow him much less time at his controls clicking every show they want to watch.

I think this is the best scenario and exactly what the OP wanted to accomplish. It ran quite well in all the tests I ran it through. A 10 season show played Season 1 Show-1 and auto played S1-S-2 & S-3... etc without any issue. It also played new shows with only one season just as well.

Personally I don't use auto play either but after tinkering with this for the last couple days I may start using it more. Especially for TV shows. It is nice to have the flexibility xbmc/kodi offers.