PDA

View Full Version : a step by step instructions for the kodi app for vixio 2 will be very nice to have

supaman32052
05-30-2015, 03:09 AM
a step by step instructions for the kodi app for vixio 2 will be very nice to have.. because newbies like me wouldnt have to aggravate anyone for knowledge.. right now if u ask.. they will say go to you tube.. or read read read.. but if we had step by step instructions it would eliminate most setup questions for people that dont have a clue what kodi is..

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 03:21 AM
And once again I tell you if you want to know something, go to the source...this will tell you the history, purpose and vision of Kodi/XBMC, thks..

kodi.tv

supaman32052
05-30-2015, 03:28 AM
i thought this section was for improvements and thats what i was trying to request..

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 03:35 AM
Let me ask you how do you think we all learned this stuff??...New material takes a dedicated effort to learn and be comfortable with, we ALL went through this and much of it by trial & error...welcome to the club

supaman32052
05-30-2015, 03:40 AM
actually.. if u are a rookie like me.. u will go to kodi.tv .. like i did .. download the kodi app and get stuck because u dont know how to set it up.. so then u will have to come back to this site for somebody to tell u to go to you tube .. you tube is good .. looks like that set up will work.. imma try it tomorro on my day off.. but as far as the vixio 2 is concerned it will be nice to have the set up instructions right there in the threads so u could stay in 1 place and follow it until u are watching kodi on the Avov..the you tube video that i viewed had dodi running from a computer .. they taught u from that way.. i guess i will have to keep searching for the you tube video that has an Avov vixio 2 in the example.. i really dont know if they have that example or not but if they do my improvement for this post will be make a thread that takes u straight to that example..im not trying to be a jerk.. im just a rookie who just decided to take interest in kodi.. i just learned iptv.. i have a mag 254(3 of them), an Avov tv online and a Avov vixio 2.. and this could pave the way for the future kodi users

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 03:43 AM
Kodi has a complete section called wiki which covers any questions you may have regarding install on anything, thks..

supaman32052
05-30-2015, 03:48 AM
ok.. thanks...thats nice to know.. it still would be nice if every new person didnt have to learn little pieces here and there.. for instance when i 1st got the mag 254.. i followed the instructions and watched tv in 15 min.. i requested this as only an improvement thread.. not for personal knowledge about kodi.. i want everybody to benifit from this idea..thanks anyway,..

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 03:54 AM
There is no easy way, Kodi/XBMC is huge and only growing, it's a learning process for all. There is no way to duck it, thks..

Marley
05-30-2015, 03:55 AM
i"m still learning after many yrs

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 03:59 AM
tell him the fun we had with the MyGica updates...lol...I learned new words and gestures as I'm sure you did, also...

Marley
05-30-2015, 04:10 AM
oh yea big time but they are a stand up company

supaman32052
05-30-2015, 04:39 AM
ok.. sorry.. i thought maybe that it could be posted in a step by step process.. i didnt know how complicated it was.. but i guarantee if i was to get kodi on my vixio 2 .. that ill be able to tell someone how i got it.. i didnt want to make this a kodi post.. just an idea.. i have a kodi thread going already

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 04:41 AM
download and install from MickyMart and use it...pretty straightforward...

supaman32052
05-30-2015, 06:06 AM
ok.. i did do that part.. dont know how to install add ons or anything.. ill be totally focussed on it tomorro on my off day.. im determined to get it working

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 06:16 AM
you can use two methods, from the url or d/l the zipped add on and install from usb zip drive. Be aware there are differnces from repositories and plain add ons.

supaman32052
05-30-2015, 07:11 AM
ok.. i gotta cross that bridge when i get there that part i will have to learn

K00lKatT
05-30-2015, 07:17 AM
simply put a repository is a collection of add ons controlled by a dev group, an add on is just simply the bare bones add on. I don't like installing a bunch of repositories for the simple reason many of them modify Kodi to their function and this can cause compatibility probs. I also don't like to bloat up my box with a bunch of stuff I will never use. The advantage of a repository is most will update themselves and just using the simple add on may require a little more work on your part to keep updated. I like to keep my boxes lean & mean and don't mind the little bit of work to keep them updated...JMO

Marley
05-30-2015, 07:37 PM
me i run around 128 of them