PDA

View Full Version : New Firmware/Mtvonline beta

Munstah
03-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Got a chance to test the beta for next firmware upgrade as well as mytvonline version.

What I've noticed a market is looks a bit different and easier to navigate IMO, there's a new software update selection in settings.

As for the Mytvonline app I noticed they now have 3mu playlist support as well as xtreme codes support as well where all that is required is URL and then the login and password. Services I tested streamed fine in playlist and XC testing (only did about 10 min before bed). Channel grouping isn't active yet but it was only first day of beta. This will be an awesome update once it's final!

danny187
03-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Got a chance to test the beta for next firmware upgrade as well as mytvonline version.

What I've noticed a market is looks a bit different and easier to navigate IMO, there's a new software update selection in settings.

As for the Mytvonline app I noticed they now have 3mu playlist support as well as xtreme codes support as well where all that is required is URL and then the login and password. Services I tested streamed fine in playlist and XC testing (only did about 10 min before bed). Channel grouping isn't active yet but it was only first day of beta. This will be an awesome update once it's final!

How was the speed of the epg population? and epg cache in this beta?

Munstah
03-29-2018, 12:04 AM
nothing noticeable compared to the prior background load beta version

von101
03-29-2018, 02:42 AM

Did you get a log with the expected changes?

Mano9423
03-30-2018, 06:16 PM
This particular beta is being re-released the first of the week with some fixes for issues. Primarily, the EPG puller wasn't working properly and some portals would not load.

Stay tuned...what they are working on has ALOT of very cool features that many have been waiting a long time for.

danny187
03-30-2018, 06:41 PM
This particular beta is being re-released the first of the week with some fixes for issues. Primarily, the EPG puller wasn't working properly and some portals would not load.

Stay tuned...what they are working on has ALOT of very cool features that many have been waiting a long time for.

They really need to sort this properly and quick imo, as seen many moaning across many pages about this epg populate / cache.

I have MyTV online but also a Buzz XPL3000 as in terms of epg its instant, Reminders work also on all I tried.

Hoping formuler/dreamlink get the epg stuff sorted asap, as would make it alot easier, as app is good layout :)

p5yc0n
03-31-2018, 07:25 AM
epg loading is about as fast as the previous beta. (much faster than public release after it caches the contents of the guide) - if your not on the beta this release is what you have all been waiting for in regards to the slow epg loads, as it slowly downloads the entire epg in the background and caches it. this is big.

it doesnt seem to be any faster when usin xc api method of connecting. and the current beta doesnt seem to be grouping channels correctly, so they all just show up under "all".

another new feature is m3u loading in mytv, u can load a tv m3u, separate vod m3u, and custom xmltv link for epg.. this allows you to fully customize what channels you get, when you put the work into it, but there are great tools online that make that easy.

one new thig i love is ps4 controller support on the z7+. works great, a bit of a lag when playing emulators, but this is common when using bluetooth controllers on android it seems, the formuler gamepad does not have this delay.

this release also allows you to select custom launch actions with the colored buttons on the remote (when on the home screen) nice gui to set it all up, works great.

you can also now load the grid view epg from akeyboard remote via the f7 key. great for those who prefer to use those.

lastly you will see a new "update" icon in the setting menu, and it allows you to switc between stable/beta releases.. as the software is now mature formuler is gooing open-beta for future betasand this makes opting in very easy..

lastly the market has a whole new UI, pretty much looks like leanback from "android TV" devices.

Capt.Kangaroo
03-31-2018, 10:08 AM
Thanks p5yc0n :)
Only issue I had was It wouldn't connect to my original server p1.iptvprivateserver.tv or p3
I changed to p4.iptvprivateserver.tv and it connected fine. Probably a provider issue.

Mano9423
03-31-2018, 10:33 PM
Thanks p5yc0n :)
Only issue I had was It wouldn't connect to my original server p1.iptvprivateserver.tv or p3
I changed to p4.iptvprivateserver.tv and it connected fine. Probably a provider issue.

Not a provider issue. They’ve supposedly found the problem as there were a handful of portals that weren’t connecting. This should also get fixed in the new beta first of the week.

Kaiz0ku
04-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Any guide on how to install these beta?

Mano9423
04-03-2018, 04:42 PM

Its not a public beta. Full release should be in the next couple of weeks.

p5yc0n
04-05-2018, 04:03 AM
pm me ill srt ya out

dishuser
04-05-2018, 04:06 AM
pm me ill srt ya out

wow
you're part of the beta team?
what a team

p5yc0n
04-05-2018, 05:13 AM
wow
you're part of the beta team?
what a team
whats that supposed to mean? not sure i like that tone.

beta may not be "public", but anyone is free to try it out. its not some unnecessarily over protected secret..
only reason the instructions are not posted publicly is to avoid user confusion by having god knows who install it and then complain about issues to servers, and so ppl on beta actually have a channel of providing feedback..

profster
04-05-2018, 11:56 AM
MyTvOnline works well with extreme codes on the beta. Running a service without the mac address with no problems other than it does not seem to save favourites. When you restart MyTvOnline the favourites are gone. Even the VOD is working ok. I agree that putting the beta in the hands of just tv watchers could cause more problems that not. I'm sure the release version will be available soon.

von101
04-05-2018, 01:18 PM
There is a new beta out now with significant improvements to EPG and added options under settings in mytv app such as "playback Limit", "Time shift", "Clear EPG". I guess the playback limit applies to the user inactivity issue that comes up on some portals. but so far its working great

profster
04-05-2018, 04:37 PM
There is a new beta out now with significant improvements to EPG and added options under settings in mytv app such as "playback Limit", "Time shift", "Clear EPG". I guess the playback limit applies to the user inactivity issue that comes up on some portals. but so far its working great

I'm running V1.09.12r1499

Bkman2020
04-05-2018, 08:15 PM
let it loose guys! lol

Kaiz0ku
04-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Is Beta 2 out?

Znix
04-06-2018, 01:39 PM

How does one get this new beta? I'm running firmware v1.2.19 rev r13814 and mtvol V1.09.12r1499 and that seems to be the latest beta avaiable via the update system.

crazed 9.6
04-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Early next week (possibly Monday maybe), we should hear something about new beta release

profster
04-06-2018, 05:48 PM
new Beta has been pushed to the T2 but not the Formuler as of Friday at 1:20 PM EDT

p5yc0n
04-06-2018, 11:25 PM
what build number?

crazed 9.6
04-06-2018, 11:50 PM
what build number?

It's posted in the T1 Plus Sticky thread.
The new SW versions were pushed to the T1 Plus and the T2... but the IPTV Version (which is separate from the SW version, has not been publcally pushed yet).

p5yc0n
04-10-2018, 04:31 AM
new beta relesed today, XC seems to be fixed, there is options in mytv settings to clear epg as well.. not sure what else is new yet

Znix
04-10-2018, 09:37 AM
How do we get the new beta version? I'm not seeing any new updates in either official or beta. I notice the old beta has been removed from the test market but no new version.

Eric_S
04-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Wondering the same thing,

dreamer

sarkar
04-13-2018, 12:46 PM
When is the next update coming? Would there be any fix for freezing/buffering issues ( mentioned elsewhere ) included?

Mano9423
04-13-2018, 06:33 PM
When is the next update coming? Would there be any fix for freezing/buffering issues ( mentioned elsewhere ) included?

Update is likely a week or so away as the Beta was just released on Tuesday. Maybe middle of next week.

As for buffering/freezing issues, this would be nothing that Formuler could fix. Its either a setup problem or a server problem. The only thing that might cause this issue from the box would be the wifi connection (notoriously the internal wifi adapter is not the best in these boxes), but that isn't something they could fix with an update. If you are hard-wired (and I recommend it) with a fast enough connection and are still getting buffering, its a provider problem.

sarkar
04-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Where is the Beta so that I can try?

psycon
04-24-2018, 01:03 AM
join t.me/formuler to discuss beta issues/requests/comments.
the beta will be going open beta tonight, so you will all see firmware updates, after that there will be a new "update" icon in settings, go into that ad hit red button to switch to beta builds.. (keep in mind you cannot switch back to a stable build until there is a newer version of stable released, which could be months.)