PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with Tv Box

robert50
03-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Can I take my sub'd android box with me to a hotel that I have to stay at for a week for my medical appointments? (not leaving my country)

big dady
03-16-2018, 04:14 PM
It should not be a problem unless the hotel have restriction on the usage

robert50
04-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Thanks for that reply, that being said...does that mean I am not linked to nfps by my ip addy ? That was my concern that they would not allow it and suspend me or something like that??....rob

Ryu
04-02-2018, 09:57 PM
that is correct buddy:cool: you are only linked with your donation number and Mac address provided by you.:cool: kof

crazed 9.6
04-02-2018, 10:21 PM
problem with hotels is that they most always have a network that your device needs to log on to. Then once the password has been authorized, then web access is granted.
The problem comes when you would need to log onto their network with your device. How will you authorize the log in? Your device will not know.
You may have to use a laptop as a server to the device and then with laptop you would log onto their network. Or something like that.
So take with you both a laptop and your iptv device and any patch cables needed. Check online how to .. if needed.

I might be mistaken and you may get the device connected without , but there it is....
Let us know results :)

Ryu
04-02-2018, 10:27 PM
correct me crazed 2.0 if I'm wrong but I think he/she can launch web browser in the box and provide login info in order to get authorized.
and if that don't work of course need crossover cable to make bridge connection from laptop.

crazed 9.6
04-02-2018, 11:06 PM
correct me crazed 2.0 if I'm wrong but I think he/she can launch web browser in the box and provide login info in order to get authorized.
and if that don't work of course need crossover cable to make bridge connection from laptop.

it may be simple as that :)

4me2c
04-02-2018, 11:08 PM
robert50, can You call Them and ask Them if there is Internet or WiFi and if You Need something special to hook up Your Laptop...?!? Ask Them before You Leave to go...!

Ryu
04-02-2018, 11:09 PM
thanks crazed 2.0:cool:

Bkman2020
04-02-2018, 11:25 PM
It works in hotels they have seperate wifi for long in

Bkman2020
04-03-2018, 11:28 AM
They show you the ssid and password at front desk or in your room, look for it on your device should work.

robert50
04-03-2018, 12:40 PM
They show you the ssid and password at front desk or in your room, look for it on your device should work.
Thanks for the help everyone, yes they have Wi-Fi and a login available. I was only concerned I was breaking an nfps rule by logging onto another network other than my own....rob

Deadwood
04-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Without trying to add to the confusion.......if you have a box that has an internal or external antenna and has a Settings that you can scan for wireless networks, all you have to do is scan for the network, use the hotel password to log on and your box should connect without any other hardware. If you have a wifi scanner or device to find wireless networks, I would strongly recommend you use it BEFORE you check in to see what you can get for signal strength. Some hotels have really bad wifi with nothing more than a cheap 2.4ghz wifi system that will have a whole lot of issues with every microwave in the building. Dropped wifi packets will bring your freezing issues to a whole new level.

Farmer1
04-04-2018, 06:19 PM
I've been lucky to be at some hotels that don't require internet password

Bkman2020
04-05-2018, 12:22 AM
hotels always keep 2 wifi logins one through there portal and one through there public wifi