PDA

View Full Version : Getting Black Screen when accessing portal

Snookdogg
02-07-2018, 01:20 AM
Good evening, IÂ’m new to the forum and having issues accessing one of the iptv portals using the smart STB app on my Samsung tv. I canÂ’t seem to get past a black screen and I believe I may be blocked because I entered my device MAC address instead of my virtual MAC address on the initial setup of the iptv donation page. I have since corrected it to my virtual MAC address but have yet to access the portal. Smart STB recommends that i ask my provider to delete my account from the portal (along w the virtual MAC address) and then ask them to recreate my account. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or had to delete and recreate their account because of this? Thanks for your time

Snookdogg
02-09-2018, 12:10 AM
I need help, please. IÂ’ve done an IPTV reset and I continue to get a black screen when loading the assigned IPTV portal using the Smart STB app on my Samsung tv. I opened a ticket w Smart STB and they donÂ’t see any issues with my paid subscription. I suspect that my Virtual Mac is being blocked by IPTV. Is there any additional steps on the IPTV side after doing the IPTV reset on the site? Thanks for your time

crazed 9.6
02-09-2018, 01:15 AM
1. Download the smart-stb app onto your TV (LG or Samsung)
2. Start the app when it say "press enter..." press your OK button on your remote...this takes you into Smart-STB option menus.
3. In the settings menu you should find the option that gives you your MAC Address and your Virtual MAC Address. Write both of this down.
4. Go the smart-stb.net website and either register for the trail or purchase a license**
5. Input the MAC Address from #3 (not the Virtual MAC address), and for the site portal that you use on your current box in.
6. Wait until you get a confirmation you are setup on Smart-stb
7. Go back into the option/settings menu and make sure the Virtual MAC address has not changed. If show different, write down the new one.
7. Contact service provider or your reseller and have them change the MAC address to your Virtual MAC address in #3. (you can do this change at the Rocket website yourself).
8. Restart your TV/App.

**Note: if you switch from the Smart-stb trial service to a fully license version you will given a new Virtual MAC Address. So will have to get it from your TV and give it IPTV or your reseller.

If you are doing this from scratch (with no IPTV service yet)

1. Install the app
2. Get the MAC and address only.
3. Get the license from Smart-STB
4. Give Smart-STB the MAC address and use the default portal.
5. Wait for confirmation before going to next step.
6. Go back into the app settings get the Virtual MAC address.
7. Go to servicewebsite and purchase service...
8. During the process you will be asked for the MAC address, use the Virtual MAC address from Smart-STB and select MAG as your box.
9. Wait for confirmation.
10. go back into Smart-STB settings and change the port to the new one..
11. Restart the app (there is an option to do this)

Side note. Make sure your TV has the latest firmware installed. I noticed on my LG the first time Smart-STB would crash quite a bit, then I realize there was an OS update, once I updated Smart-STB was stable.

If things still do not work then , you can change your MAC yourself thru the service website (same place you did a reset).
Virtual MC should start with prefix of ...
00:1a:78 or 00:1a:79

Or first I would try changing the URL portal at the website. And then change it on the app to match.
Perform a reset at the service website. Check results.
If nothing then change the MAC and reset after

Snookdogg
02-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Will do. Thank you very much 🙌

Snookdogg
02-09-2018, 03:18 AM
Thank you for the detailed instructions, but still have no luck. I opened another ticket w Smart STB support, requesting a new virtual MAC address. The virtual MAC address didn’t change from the 7day trial version to the full subscription and I’m thinking that could be the conflict.

By the way, I couldn’t find where to “select MAG as my box” in your instructions.

Thanks again for your time, Crazed

Snookdogg
02-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Crazed, after doing everything you suggested, step-by-step, I get past the black screen but it goes into demo mode, even though I entered the assigned iptv portal (using both, long and short urls). Please help!

crazed 9.6
02-09-2018, 10:42 PM
I do not know much about this application bud :(

Snookdogg
02-10-2018, 02:49 AM
No worries. I really appreciate all your help.
I’ll keep this thread posted if I make any progress

RonTheRipper
02-13-2018, 11:18 PM
I had a similar problem. Tv will give off to different macs. A wired and a wifi mac. My tv was switching back and forth from the wired connection to the wifi connection therefore changing my mac address. I was a while figuring it out. Hope this helps.