PDA

View Full Version : broke mag254

cliff85
01-17-2018, 03:42 AM
Hi everyone and a happy new year!

I dropped my mag254 on the floor so it stopped working.
I have a new one on order.
My question is: When I hook the new one up, do I just need to go to route
checker and and reset new mac address?
Or is there other things required to do?

crazed 9.6
01-17-2018, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone and a happy new year!

I dropped my mag254 on the floor so it stopped working.
I have a new one on order.
My question is: When I hook the new one up, do I just need to go to route
checker and and reset new mac address?
Or is there other things required to do?

that should be about it, yes for the MAC.
You would have to setup the new mag's portal to match server info too of course

jony604
01-17-2018, 10:24 PM
I don't have a mag but dropping some thing like that it might have dislodge a fuse if there is a fuse? i would open it up
it is dead anyway so look in it and see if anything is out of place sorry handyman stuff

Ryu
01-17-2018, 10:58 PM
I don't have a mag but dropping some thing like that it might have dislodge a fuse if there is a fuse? i would open it up
it is dead anyway so look in it and see if anything is out of place sorry handyman stuff

I agree with you jony604:cool:

cliff85
01-18-2018, 04:34 PM
Crazed 2.0:

Thanks for the confirmation.

For any others:
I opened the box and found no serviceable parts such as fuses.

Ryu
01-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Crazed 2.0:

Thanks for the confirmation.

For any others:
I opened the box and found no serviceable parts such as fuses.
well atleast you tried to fix:cool:

HWYRAM
01-19-2018, 01:03 AM
Generally there is no moving parts in the box -- the chances are it must have had a hard hit and cracked the board , if u look really carefully you will find the crack or a cold solder may have come off - does it power up at all ? If it doesn't then check the part where the adapter plugs in - probably a loose solder joint

Ryu
01-19-2018, 01:59 AM
yup and that can easily be done by ohm/ digital multimeter as well.:cool: kof

crazed 9.6
01-19-2018, 02:46 AM
had an old CNX Mini a long time ago and it was dead of winter, a dark stormy night at about 30 below. I had taken the Mini over to a freinds house to diagnose some issues he had at his pad.
Came home and got outta my truck and promptly dropped that Mini directly onto that frozen rock hard concrete driveway ! Hit right on the corner of the mini's steel case, dented it big time too. No blood thou.

I was then in first aid mode and brought the mini into the house and immediately started life saving operations (getting her warm was number one).
took it's cas off and looked inside, it looked okay except that damn big dent that almost took out the mini's insides. I then plugged it into power and connected to TV , it came up with a messed up screen, I was devastated. I called the Mini's nearest relatives (the Duo and the Trio).. I told them that they better get over here cause their brother was about to pass :(

I was about to nail a spike thru it (cause they said them dead receivers are door stops, but I did not know how that would work without a spike holding er down, cause a door of maybe 90 lbs will easily move a door stop like a mini with no trouble, so without that baby being spiked down it did not have an afterlife ... I needed to spike er :(

But I had to stop. there were tears rolling down my face. So I plugged Mini in again just maybe to see some last throws before final death.. I do not know why.. I had frigging tears and the relatives were on the way... so I powered it up and .....the Mini came to life ! We had picture !

haaaa... true story :)

Ryu
01-19-2018, 02:59 AM
had an old CNX Mini a long time ago and it was dead of winter, a dark stormy night at about 30 below. I had taken the Mini over to a freinds house to diagnose some issues he had at his pad.
Came home and got outta my truck and promptly dropped that Mini directly onto that frozen rock hard concrete driveway ! Hit right on the corner of the mini's steel case, dented it big time too. No blood thou.

I was then in first aid mode and brought the mini into the house and immediately started life saving operations (getting her warm was number one).
took it's cas off and looked inside, it looked okay except that damn big dent that almost took out the mini's insides. I then plugged it into power and connected to TV , it came up with a messed up screen, I was devastated. I called the Mini's nearest relatives (the Duo and the Trio).. I told them that they better get over here cause their brother was about to pass :(

I was about to nail a spike thru it (cause they said them dead receivers are door stops, but I did not know how that would work without a spike holding er down, cause a door of maybe 90 lbs will easily move a door stop like a mini with no trouble, so without that baby being spiked down it did not have an afterlife ... I needed to spike er :(

But I had to stop. there were tears rolling down my face. So I plugged Mini in again just maybe to see some last throws before final death.. I do not know why.. I had frigging tears and the relatives were on the way... so I powered it up and .....the Mini came to life ! We had picture !

haaaa... true story :)

thats what you call a true love.:cool: cnx mini loved you as much as you loved cnx mini. Mini decided to come back to life and did not wanted to leave you(even though mini was injured badly).:cool:
you must be very happy when mini came back working fine:cool:

crazed 9.6
01-19-2018, 03:15 AM
thats what you call a true love.:cool: cnx mini loved you as much as you loved cnx mini. Mini decided to come back to life and did not wanted to leave you(even though mini was injured badly).:cool:
you must be very happy when mini came back working fine:cool:

just a story brother.. I had and always did have extras... the CNX family :)
That one thou was the Special Edition model, it was painted white instead of black.

Second to none,, except maybe that sonicview team :eek:

Ryu
01-19-2018, 03:23 AM
just a story brother.. I had and always did have extras... the CNX family :)
That one thou was the Special Edition model, it was painted white instead of black.

Second to none,, except maybe that sonicview team :eek:

its always good to have extra. I love satzen 300. only box ever :cool: never had single issue with my box until flood took it away:mad: kof

crazed 9.6
01-19-2018, 03:25 AM
its always good to have extra. I love satzen 300. only box ever :cool: never had single issue with my box until flood took it away:mad: kof

if I am correct, the satzen was a derivative of the Conaxsat (CNX)

They make less of a float then they do a door stop :eek:
You may have needed a bigger spike !

Ryu
01-19-2018, 03:29 AM
if I am correct, the satzen was a derivative of the Conaxsat (CNX)

They make less of a float then they do a door stop :eek:
You may have needed a bigger spike !

you are correct about that:cool: