PDA

View Full Version : How do you "un-fav" a channel

geevee
01-16-2018, 05:06 PM
I am trying to "un-fav" a few channels on my Mag 254.
I use the yellow button and it seem to un-fav it but when I page down
and then come back to it, it still shows as a fav.
Any tips on how to permanently unfav a channel?

Ryu
01-16-2018, 10:29 PM
I would say un-fav one channel exit and reopen list and see if that works. I know its bit extra work but try might help.:cool: kof

geevee
01-17-2018, 05:03 PM
Thks for the suggestion buddy but I tried that a number of times
with single and multiple channels and they still keep coming back as a favs.
I even tried to unfav a single channel and then turned the Mag off/on and even that did not correct it.
I also tried to unfav off the "all" channel list but no luck.

Ryu
01-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Thks for the suggestion buddy but I tried that a number of times
with single and multiple channels and they still keep coming back as a favs.
I even tried to unfav a single channel and then turned the Mag off/on and even that did not correct it.
I also tried to unfav off the "all" channel list but no luck.

well, unfortunately nothing much can be done now. unless you want to save your server info and settings. then reset your box and try again:cool: dont reset until or unless you know how to setup again. I dont want you to make it worse lol:cool:
have you ever tried this. go to favorite list instead of all channels or vise versa then try to remove those channels? im sure you have done it but just wondering. I dont own this box so dont know what else to tell you.:cool: kof

tonyd33
01-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Im' thinking it has something to do with the server.I own 2 mag 254's hooked up to 2 different servers.On one server the list works great,when you want to delete a fav is disappears like it should but on the rocket server i have the same problem being discussed here.

Ryu
01-17-2018, 11:39 PM
I dont know how many servers OP has. if I were you, I would factory reset box. log with rocket only, make fav list then try and see if its still happening.

dishuser
01-18-2018, 12:09 AM
2 mags using a different server
how can there be a conflict?

tonyd33
01-18-2018, 12:27 AM
I don't think its a conflict between servers either because i never have both mags plugged in at the same time.I read that there could be a glitch in the server since they do control the guide.

Ryu
01-18-2018, 12:34 AM
I don't think its a conflict between servers either because i never have both mags plugged in at the same time.I read that there could be a glitch in the server since they do control the guide.

its possible that issue is server related. kof

tonyd33
01-18-2018, 12:41 AM
A bunch of people on the INFOMIR site have posted the same problem but nobody has an answer.

geevee
01-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Thks for the conversation.
I hope that if anyone ever finds a fix that they post it.

crazed 9.6
01-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Tune in the channel that you want to set as 'un-fav' (with yellow button).
If you are viewing a different channel, then it will not work it seems.
So get that fav channel selected and working and then un-fav it.

Check for results.

Digitaldan
01-19-2018, 11:48 AM
I Un-Faved channels on my 254. I set some faves just to do this as I never saved faves before... All I did was un-check the faves while watching a channel, (Different channel at that). They kept coming back if I did that then went and watched TV. So I undid them then exited the TV section. That held the settings and the faves were gone when I went back to the "ALL" channels guide. Running the R-22 version on mag 254. Have a great day!

geevee
01-19-2018, 11:00 PM
Thks for the suggestions crazed2.0 and Digitaldan but neither worked.
I even tried them using the "all" channels and repeated both processes.
Every un-faved channel came back as fav when I checked.
Can not understand how Digitaldan's Mag 254 allows the un-faving
my only idea is maybe we are on different servers.
Thks again... I will keep checking back to see if any other suggestions get posted.

Ryu
01-20-2018, 02:38 AM
Thks for the suggestions crazed2.0 and Digitaldan but neither worked.
I even tried them using the "all" channels and repeated both processes.
Every un-faved channel came back as fav when I checked.
Can not understand how Digitaldan's Mag 254 allows the un-faving
my only idea is maybe we are on different servers.
Thks again... I will keep checking back to see if any other suggestions get posted.
as I said before, why don't you write/save your donation and server settings and reset your box? you have nothing to loose and may fix your problem:cool: kof