PDA

View Full Version : My unbiased review of The Vixo2

kcos54
05-27-2015, 06:28 AM
here's my review of this product I finally got my new Vixo2, and I was so disappointed for $200 you would think it would be an open source box !! I can't side load any apps, it is made of cheap plastic the remote is the worst and cheapest thing I've ever seen, ugly as hell the box very cheap if you drop it you might as well forget it its done. Apps are not user friendly Kodi would be great except for you can't put any apps you want on it. I hope this box can be rooted if not it will be going back ASAP !! I can't even get the stalker client to work in the Kodi part, I don't like the TVOnline app because the setup sucks the interface is so ugly and horrible. I've had a mx8 , Roku and a Ouya and this is the worst box out of all of them. My $39 Roku is made better than this box. Seriously it's horrible this is my unbiased opinion I know a lot of people are excited and really want to get this box but I'll tell you it is not worth $200. I'm sorry to be so harsh but really wait and see what comes out later.

crazy carl
05-27-2015, 01:12 PM
From what I read you can side load apps for Kodi quite easily, via USB stick.. I don't own one personally but thats what I have read. I do respect your honesty Kcos but I have heard that there is a lot of hope for this box

kcos54
05-27-2015, 01:25 PM
From what I read you can side load apps for Kodi quite easily, via USB stick.. I don't own one personally but thats what I have read. I do respect your honesty Kcos but I have heard that there is a lot of hope for this box

I tried using the USB stick and it won't show in Kodi for me. I know I was harsh but the box is not ready yet for the price of $200. Yes they say it will get better but as is very disappointing for me. Why not make it the best dam box by having it all... open source plus IPTV and Kodi ?? It's a android box but you really can't do much but add apps from their store. Then you can't even arrange the apps in the order you want? I just want peeps to know as it stands the box need more then just TVonline, kodi you should be able to load any app you want on a Android Box.

floder2
05-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Are you sure you know how to use Kodi..?.......Try using the Addon Installer tool .........I have an Avov1 with XBMC (gotham) and can install zip addons separately via usb stick or use the addon installer tool...or fusion.......... Plus I don't believe RoKu can use Kodi.....Also it may help if you format your USB stick (Fat32)......i find the apps in Mickeyhop like 1Channel..Icefilms...Movie25...LosMovies...ECT.... .are easier to one click then going into Kodi...I did add Sports devil to my XBMC in Avov1...since Mickeyhop has not supplied that app yet

dara
05-27-2015, 02:15 PM
$200 is way too much for a semi-android box, IMO. The key advantage of the STBs are ease of use, and tuned apps to connect to Stalker. I know that emulation is a WIP, however I'd rather have that and a large community behind Kodi and use those on an open platform. Can someone say what advantage do you have by using MickeyHop over other app stores?

kcos54
05-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Are you sure you know how to use Kodi..?.......Try using the Addon Installer tool .........I have an Avov1 with XBMC (gotham) and can install zip addons separately via usb stick or use the addon installer tool...or fusion.......... Plus I don't believe RoKu can use Kodi.....Also it may help if you format your USB stick (Fat32)......i find the apps in Mickeyhop like 1Channel..Icefilms...Movie25...LosMovies...ECT.... .are easier to one click then going into Kodi...I did add Sports devil to my XBMC in Avov1...since Mickeyhop has not supplied that app yet

Yes I'm sure I know how to use Kodi on my PC and MX8 box . My USB is (Fat32) I'm not a newbie at all been using XBMC for a long time. I'm wondering if it's the beta Kodi that is loaded with this box . But I can't see the USB in Kodi but when I go to settings it show that its there?? I will try loading from pc , I will let you know. But I also install the dropbox with Kodi and it won't let me download from it to. Where as on my other box I can.

PS and why won't the kodi work like normal where as you an add the addon with a URL???

floder2
05-27-2015, 02:39 PM
My guess is that AVOV wants to control their hardware and what software can be used..So they made it Proprietary,,,Some FTA boxes were like that namely (Nfusion)

K00lKatT
05-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Okay, Kcos, enough of this. What your are raving about is caused by your frustration at not being able to make the box work your way. Frustration is a killer to anyone trying to make something work. I suggest you carefully listen to these other users that have had good results. There will be no more trashing of this box or any other, thank you

floder2
05-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Did you try the addon installer tool...or fusion to add Repositories

Yes I'm sure I know how to use Kodi on my PC and MX8 box . My USB is (Fat32) I'm not a newbie at all been using XBMC for a long time. I'm wondering if it's the beta Kodi that is loaded with this box . But I can't see the USB in Kodi but when I go to settings it show that its there?? I will try loading from pc , I will let you know. But I also install the dropbox with Kodi and it won't let me download from it to. Where as on my other box I can.

PS and why won't the kodi work like normal where as you an add the addon with a URL???

kcos54
05-27-2015, 02:46 PM
My guess is that AVOV wants to control their hardware and what software can be used..So they made it Proprietary,,,Some FTA boxes were like that namely (Nfusion)

Well that is just sad. This box could of been something to talk about if it was open. Because for the money and how cheaply made the box is and Kodi doesn't function normal it could at least have something for the price tag.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Okay, Kcos, enough of this. What your are raving about is caused by your frustration at not being able to make the box work your way. Frustration is a killer to anyone trying to make something work. I suggest you carefully listen to these other users that have had good results. There will be no more trashing of this box or any other, thank you

I'm just saying I feel that for the price tag it should have more that just what it has.

floder2
05-27-2015, 02:49 PM
kcos54
Lets say you have sports devil addon in a zip file on your usb flash drive..Tell me how you are trying to install that to Kodi on the Avov2

kcos54
05-27-2015, 02:51 PM
kcos54
Lets say you have sports devil addon in a zip file on your usb flash drive..Tell me how you are trying to install that to Kodi on the Avov2

OK I will go and look again , I will be back to tell you.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 03:07 PM
OK I will go and look again , I will be back to tell you.

In Kodi-- system, setting, add-ons, install from zip file, root file system, then where the sdcard and storage is listed the USB should show and it doesn't but on my other system it does?? My PC shows and I tried a zip file and it didn't work , I will try a different repo.

It's running Kodi Isengard 15.0 beta ?? It's the new Kodi maybe that's why??

floder2
05-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Not ROOT ..look for Udisk0...that should be your usb

scott_605
05-27-2015, 03:12 PM
In Kodi-- system, setting, add-ons, install from zip file, root file system, then where the sdcard and storage is listed the USB should show and it doesn't but on my other system it does?? My PC shows and I tried a zip file and it didn't work , I will try a different repo.

It's running Kodi Isengard 15.0 beta ?? It's the new Kodi maybe that's why??

USB shows as Usb0

floder2
05-27-2015, 03:17 PM
kcos54
You should now post back and tell us how simple that was when you do it correctly ................

Marley
05-27-2015, 03:29 PM
look at you you dont know anything about the new box or how to run it if some one need to tell you the basic how to load a file then im sorry an My unbiased opinion you dont know anything

K00lKatT
05-27-2015, 03:37 PM
hmmm....post and run..oh well..

kcos54
05-27-2015, 03:41 PM
kcos54
You should now post back and tell us how simple that was when you do it correctly ................

OK wiz then tell me how, here is a picture and what my options are.

External Storage --- NO USB or Udisk0

Internal - SD ------ NO USB or Udisk0

Root filesystem ----- NO USB or Udisk0

I also went in to each of these and click on everything and NO USB OR Udisk0613

Ipguy
05-27-2015, 03:41 PM
I don't have this particular unit but I had a bunch of other boxes of all type and fusion installer always work for me.

Marley
05-27-2015, 03:43 PM
look everyone has right to say what they think but know what your talking about first imoa

floder2
05-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Try a different usb stick...........

Marley
05-27-2015, 03:45 PM
look first format it to fat 32 on your stick and use a zip file and yes try i different usb and do you know how to add fusion installer or total

kcos54
05-27-2015, 03:53 PM
look first format it to fat 32 on your stick and use a zip file and yes try i different usb and do you know how to add fusion installer or total

Of coarse LOL .... so tell me this, why can't I just load repos like on all the other systems running kodi . File manager, add source, type in the URL ?? It's no go on this box . Right?

Switchon
05-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Just to add this experience with my VIXO1, if adding a USB stick/drive to run local media the drive doesn't show in local media until I reboot my box. Even though it's showing the USB symbol in top left corner between the WiFi and Ethernet symbols.

floder2
05-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Yes.....Try using addon installer tool...or fusion and then you won't have to worry about the usb stick...By the way your unbiased review sounds very biased to me..

kcos54
05-27-2015, 03:55 PM

First off why should I even need to use the USB?? Why can't I use URL's or dropbox?? And the USB works on my ouya and Minix boxes.

I have kodi running on PC, Minix8, Ouya and I'm telling you this kodi is not the same.

Marley
05-27-2015, 03:55 PM
why the h-- not really im sorry do you know how to run kodi add source click ok a kb comes up to add url

floder2
05-27-2015, 03:57 PM
just use addon installer tool...or fusion and be done with it.....very simple...You will have all the repositories available....

floder2
05-27-2015, 04:00 PM
USB works well with the Avov 1 ...............via XBMC or Simple iptv (to add M3U files)

K00lKatT
05-27-2015, 04:01 PM
we seem to be running out of spoons and I'm too lazy to wash any, right now, maybe later...lol

kcos54
05-27-2015, 04:02 PM
just use addon installer tool...or fusion and be done with it.....very simple...You will have all the repositories available....

It won't let me add fusion !!! File manager, add source, type in URL .............. It will not work !!!

That is why I was trying to do it with the USB.

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:02 PM
look if your a newbie we are here to help maybe thats why you cant get it going just ask question and we will work with you

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:04 PM
ok one sec before i say anything more i dont want to put my foot in my mouth if you right will test now

floder2
05-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Wish I was a fly on your wall.....But I'm not.......sorry......

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:09 PM
nope working great here dont know what your doing are you sure your still on internet and even shows my usb stick udisk0 in file manager

K00lKatT
05-27-2015, 04:13 PM
are you sure the file on it is alone and zipped??

floder2
05-27-2015, 04:14 PM
How to install Fusion to Kodi.........

Step 1: Navigate to the “File manager” tab under the “SYSTEM” menu.
Step 2: Click on the “Add source” option.
Step 3: Select the top text input box marked “<None>” under the “Enter the paths of browse for the media locations” field.
Step 4: Using the on-screen keyboard, type in “http://fusion.tvaddons.ag” without quotations, and then press the “Done” button. In case you’re having trouble, press the “Symbols” button to insert the colon and forward slashes.
Step 5: Select the bottom text input box under the “Enter a name for the media Source” field.
Step 6: Using the on-screen keyboard, type in “fusion” without quotations, and then press the “Done” button.
Step 7: Press the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.
Step 8: You’ll now notice that “fusion” is listed within the “File manager” window.
Step 9: Return to the main menu, then Navigate to the “Settings” tab under the “SYSTEM” menu.
Step 10: Select the “Add-ons” option from the left side menu bar.
Step 11: Press the “Ok” button when prompted with the “First run help…” dialogue.
Step 12: Select the “Install from zip file” option.
Step 13: Select the “fusion” folder from the listing.
Step 14: You’ll now be able to open whichever folder from which you wish to install add-ons for Kodi.

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:14 PM
me thinks your off the internet and thats why cant load urls try go to mickey store and see if you can load a app like movie25 if no that problem

kcos54
05-27-2015, 04:16 PM
nope working great here dont know what your doing are you sure your still on internet and even shows my usb stick udisk0 in file manager

I'm not a newbie if you have this box and it works for you ... My Kodi is a no go. But I will go and uninstall this app then reinstall and see if that will make it work. I'm not new to XBMC I have It running on my PC , Minix Box and on my Ouya !!! No problems typing in URL to get the repos.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 04:17 PM
How to install Fusion to Kodi.........

Step 1: Navigate to the “File manager” tab under the “SYSTEM” menu.
Step 2: Click on the “Add source” option.
Step 3: Select the top text input box marked “<None>” under the “Enter the paths of browse for the media locations” field.
Step 4: Using the on-screen keyboard, type in “http://fusion.tvaddons.ag” without quotations, and then press the “Done” button. In case you’re having trouble, press the “Symbols” button to insert the colon and forward slashes.
Step 5: Select the bottom text input box under the “Enter a name for the media Source” field.
Step 6: Using the on-screen keyboard, type in “fusion” without quotations, and then press the “Done” button.
Step 7: Press the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.
Step 8: You’ll now notice that “fusion” is listed within the “File manager” window.
Step 9: Return to the main menu, then Navigate to the “Settings” tab under the “SYSTEM” menu.
Step 10: Select the “Add-ons” option from the left side menu bar.
Step 11: Press the “Ok” button when prompted with the “First run help…” dialogue.
Step 12: Select the “Install from zip file” option.
Step 13: Select the “fusion” folder from the listing.
Step 14: You’ll now be able to open whichever folder from which you wish to install add-ons for Kodi.

No kiddding have done so ..... NOT WORKING !!! I know how to work Kodi aka XBMC

Ipguy
05-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Did you enter the correct url for fusion in file manager?
Kodi is a totally separate software and don't have nothing to do with this unit.
If the unit is not connected to the internet,kodi will give you a lot of error issues.

Marley
last time check internet PLEASE

kcos54
are you sure the file on it is alone and zipped??

Yes I have done this many times before. I really think in must be the Beta version.

floder2
05-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Then why would you have been looking in the root system for your USB if you know how Kodi works...........

Yes I have done this many times before. I really think in must be the Beta version.

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:21 PM
look kodi will load without internet just maybe your not on anymore

floder2
05-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Others have posted about Kodi on the Avov2 and have it working...........

K00lKatT
05-27-2015, 04:24 PM
I believe Asft is runnin kodi 15 with no probs at this time, I could be wrong but don't think so..just sayin

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:24 PM
heck i use my backup to load files from different box

floder2
05-27-2015, 04:26 PM
OK I"v done my civic duty......I'm done here..........

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:26 PM
i have avov2 just like his working perfect like i said million times check your internet

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:28 PM
me i'm running 121 apps on kodi now without any problems knock on wood

Marley
05-27-2015, 04:30 PM
wonder if it was the internet ?

K00lKatT
05-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Kcos, you need to calm yourself and troubleshoot. You won't accomplish anything upset and assuming this or that is right. Relax for awhile check and retry that's my advice. Please don't blame the box for your errors, thks..

kcos54
05-27-2015, 04:39 PM
i have avov2 just like his working perfect like i said million times check your internet

My internet is working I install HGTV and it's working fine. It's one of the apps the comes with the new kodi setup. But I guess it's just my box. If you guys all have this new box and the beta version of kodi and it's working for you.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Kcos, you need to calm yourself and troubleshoot. You won't accomplish anything upset and assuming this or that is right. Relax for awhile check and retry that's my advice. Please don't blame the box for your errors, thks..

I'm calm just disappointed that my $200 box won't run kodi. But I will reboot the box to factory settings and then reinstall kodi. Why is the only choice for kodi the beta version?

steemer
05-27-2015, 05:22 PM
I've got 2 VIXO2's, other than an HDMI issue with the first one i got, both work just fine w/ Kodi 15 (insegard). I'll admit the unit is a little light compared to my Mygicas , but unit itself looks pretty cool. Also, i didn't purchase these based on how much they weigh.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 05:28 PM
I've got 2 VIXO2's, other than an HDMI issue with the first one i got, both work just fine w/ Kodi 15 (insegard). I'll admit the unit is a little light compared to my Mygicas , but unit itself looks pretty cool. Also, i didn't purchase these based on how much they weigh.

I didn't buy on weigh I'm just saying compared to other android boxes it's pretty cheaply made and if your saying it's not your not asking for much for your $200.

steemer
05-27-2015, 05:33 PM
200 dollars is nothing for all you get from this or any other STB.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Then why would you have been looking in the root system for your USB if you know how Kodi works...........

Sorry I misspoke I meant (system , file manger, root)614

kcos54
05-27-2015, 05:38 PM
OK I finally got it to work . Whoo Hoo !!

Factory reset reinstall kodi no go. uninstall kodi ...reinstall kodi ..third times the charm.:D

The USB now showing and I can install fusion like normal with the URL.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 05:45 PM
I still say tho if you want and android box that is open source with IPTV and kodi you might want to wait a bit longer. I'm sure there will more boxes coming out after IPTV gets going paid. Or until Vixo2 comes out with a open source box. I would like to add any app from any store, but that's just me. The stalker client works great on kodi on any adroid box.

dara
05-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Funny, it becomes 'religion' when someone critiques a box that some owns. [and I hope no one takes that personal! :) ] No STB that runs android should cost more than $100, unless you are getting some good private stuff and handholding, and limiting you to a proprietary store is soooooo Appleish. Running the pre-released PVR Stalker on Kodi 15.0 beats everything out there, using the generated xmltv epg hosted by psycon is way ahead over what I see that is closely emulated by the STBemu. The Kodi solutions may not work in the end, but I already see that as better than the Avov.

/rant off

chippa
05-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Just saw this thread. When I installed Kodi15 it wouldn't work properly until I disabled all the other unused clients. In K14 these were disabled by default but in K15 they all come enabled. Don't know, just adding my 1 cent to see if that will help.

a-team
05-27-2015, 06:06 PM
I still say tho if you want and android box that is open source with IPTV and kodi you might want to wait a bit longer. I'm sure there will more boxes coming out after IPTV gets going paid. Or until Vixo2 comes out with a open source box. I would like to add any app from any store, but that's just me. The stalker client works great on kodi on any adroid box.

I'm sorry that you feel that way kcos54. Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion so I value your feedback. We take customers response very seriously here at AVOV so I can assure you while many people may have lashed back at you for talking negatively, we have taken some notes down. We are actively trying to improve our product line and we sincerely value community response. We offer a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee as long as the product is not damaged. If you really do not enjoy the product we would be more than happy to get in contact with you on how to proceed with that. While you may not enjoy this product line I do encourage you to keep on eye out on us. We have some very interesting plans for the upcoming future in which many of you may be interested. So thank you for your response, a company is difficult to grow without any criticism. Take care!

kcos54
05-27-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that way kcos54. Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion so I value your feedback. We take customers response very seriously here at AVOV so I can assure you while many people may have lashed back at you for talking negatively, we have taken some notes down. We are actively trying to improve our product line and we sincerely value community response. We offer a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee as long as the product is not damaged. If you really do not enjoy the product we would be more than happy to get in contact with you on how to proceed with that. While you may not enjoy this product line I do encourage you to keep on eye out on us. We have some very interesting plans for the upcoming future in which many of you may be interested. So thank you for your response, a company is difficult to grow without any criticism. Take care!

I Thank You !!! And I did get my kodi app working I'm sorry for my harsh review I get so mad about android boxes not being open source. PLEASE rethink this for your boxes.

a-team
05-27-2015, 06:17 PM
I Thank You !!! And I did get my kodi app working I'm sorry for my harsh review I get so mad about android boxes not being open source. PLEASE rethink this for your boxes.

Its definitely something we are considering. As our products evolve it may be something we implement somewhere along the line. We try to satisfy as many audiences as we can without straying away from our product goals. I can assure you though, its definitely somewhere up there in the development wish list.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 06:24 PM
its definitely something we are considering. As our products evolve it may be something we implement somewhere along the line. We try to satisfy as many audiences as we can without straying away from our product goals. I can assure you though, its definitely somewhere up there in the development wish list.

awesome!!!:d

floder2
05-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Its definitely something we are considering. As our products evolve it may be something we implement somewhere along the line. We try to satisfy as many audiences as we can without straying away from our product goals. I can assure you though, its definitely somewhere up there in the development wish list.

Hi David,
Way back in July of 2014 when I got my first Avov 1 .......i requested The MLB app and Was told that it was being worked on..now almost 12 months later..I still don't see it..I know Avov2 was a problem getting ready , but my goodness...The one app I and many others wanted just never happened......I wish I was told that it would take a year or so ...then I would not have been expecting it any time soon......................

Marley
05-27-2015, 07:07 PM
happy you got it going not all boxes are for everyone each have there own likes

kcos54
05-27-2015, 07:45 PM
happy you got it going not all boxes are for everyone each have there own likes

Thanks ..I'm going to do a YouTube review to show all the apps and kodi working. So the peeps can see that what does comes in the Vixo2 does work good. plus show the good bad and the ugly. LOL